HD600s are the best!
Nov 6, 2009 at 5:35 AM Post #31 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrGreen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Whats the purpose of linking your gear in your signature?
I'd seem like a dick if I put my gear in my signature.
I wasn't being snobby at all, your ears adapt to equipment. Understanding is best done in reverse (i.e. upgrade and look back)

Well just to make sure you weren't president of the Skullcandy Headphones for Life movement.

Nov 6, 2009 at 7:36 AM Post #32 of 57
Quote:

I wasn't being snobby at all, your ears adapt to equipment. Understanding is best done in reverse (i.e. upgrade and look back)

You obviously took it the wrong way. Posting gears you have or had will give others an idea of what you've actually heard as opposed to what you've read. Moreover, members do PM each other asking questions about the particular gears that they have. So I don't see any harm in posting gear in your signature.

Nov 6, 2009 at 10:23 AM Post #33 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by cravenz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol. from this thread alone it is pretty obvious that sound is very subjective based on the end user. =)

Haha, indeed! Whole studies can be made about this thread alone.
tongue.gif

To me the HD600 were a nice pair of phones but nothing more. The mids are great but imo they lack low-bass and don't reach high enough.

Nov 6, 2009 at 12:03 PM Post #34 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by apatN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haha, indeed! Whole studies can be made about this thread alone.
tongue.gif

To me the HD600 were a nice pair of phones but nothing more. The mids are great but imo they lack low-bass and don't reach high enough.

of course this is all subjective. they do lack the ultra lows and highs aren't as smooth as the HD650 don't have the soundstage of the K701 (too thin sounding IMHO) nor the detail or much of anything of the HD800 but they are good all arounders and when the price and little things like caring and even handling them is taken into consideration then it's just such a solid headphone that it's tough not to respect this beast of a can. they are very neutral and balanced sounding and do everything good enough for everybody to enjoy. They are the people's headphone!!!!!!
wink.gif

Nov 6, 2009 at 1:17 PM Post #35 of 57
This thread =
argue-seuss.jpg

Nov 6, 2009 at 1:30 PM Post #37 of 57
Sennheiser HD600's?
Meh...they are adequte as cans for TV and movies, just fine.
I'm thinking about giving them to my little niece, for her 4th birthday.

For critical audiophile music listening I use my Skullcandy Skull crushers.

Nov 6, 2009 at 1:52 PM Post #38 of 57
I have given up declaring any phones "the best" or even my favorite. I am simply too fickle for that. Every time I try something new (or an old pair I have sitting on a shelf) I fall in love again and they become my favorites until the next one comes along. This happened last night with my ATH-AD900 (which I had actually tried to sell!)

Apparently, I can't sell anything, but must keep them all instead.

Nov 6, 2009 at 5:13 PM Post #39 of 57
Glad you like the HD600! That is what this is all about.... finding your own favorite.
Enjoy!
biggrin.gif

Nov 6, 2009 at 5:31 PM Post #40 of 57
thanks! obviously the title "The Best" doesn't apply to anything really especially headphones. I just felt like goofing around a bit, but i am very happy with my HD600s that's what i really wanted to say. THANKS AGAIN!
biggrin.gif

Nov 6, 2009 at 5:35 PM Post #41 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. nice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i had the HP1s, HD800, HD650, High end woody Grados and even the ED9s and i just feel that when taking price, comfort, sound, and the ability to not worry about handling them like the really expensive cans not to mention replaceable parts at hand whenever you need them it just feels like this is the all around best headphone every made. I freakin love em!

You been shot!
very_evil_smiley.gif
wink_face.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I prefer the K702 any day and the next day too...lol

hehe.... K701 rocks but I still want more! maybe the HD800 if I sell a kidney!
eek.gif

Nov 6, 2009 at 6:05 PM Post #42 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by nelda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, i personally thinks HD600 is ok. Not excellent.
When I first hear it, i thought... "What are they raving about?"

That's why the hd 600 is a very good headphone.

Try to sit and listen to the music for a few hours with hd 600.Then you will see why this "nothing special" turns to be "just right",after a long listening session.

The impressive headphones from the first listen usually end up to be fatiguing after a while.

Nov 6, 2009 at 6:54 PM Post #43 of 57
Quote:

If you ever upgrade to a non-sennheiser (or even an HD800/HE60 etc) you'll understand

No, the way the HD-650 sounds has a lot more to do with how it is amped. Some amps sound dark and veiled and some do not. If you have a quality amp for the HD-650, it's surprisingly fast and tight.

Quote:

The purpose of listing gear in your sig or profile is to let people know what you have, to add perspective to your opinions. Also, a lot of people notice something and will send you a PM asking for a comparison or what else you considered before you bought it. It's helpful.

If you don't want to put your gear in your sig, then at least fill out your profile with your equipment.

You've only been here about three weeks and people wonder just what you've listened to or own. Especially if you're talking about comparing the HE-60 and HD-800 to the HD-650. You have to have access to not only the 'phones, but to a lot of other esoteric high-end equipment to run them properly. Maybe you own all of that or maybe you've listened to it somewhere.

However, it's a common phenomenon for new members to start throwing out comparisons of equipment they've never heard or seen in person. They just regurgitate what they've read in other posts and pretend that they're some kind of authority with something they know nothing about.

So, I don't know if you've actually heard any of this stuff. However, if you have not, you'd do well to restrict your comments to equipment you have first hand experience with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back