HD600 cable upgrade - worth it?
Jul 5, 2010 at 9:05 PM Post #166 of 275
The metal makes all the difference.

Jul 5, 2010 at 9:16 PM Post #168 of 275
Yes I see where you are getting at. Why don't you try some different Senn Cables? Hear for yourself instead of arguing every little thing without any experience with any aftermarket or DIY Senn cables?

Quote:
Or at least your brain thinks it does. See what I'm getting at?

Jul 5, 2010 at 9:39 PM Post #169 of 275
Quote:
Yes I see where you are getting at. Why don't you try some different Senn Cables? Hear for yourself instead of arguing every little thing without any experience with any aftermarket or DIY Senn cables?

I'm not refuting that they make a psychological difference. So no, you don't.

And experiencing a difference without accounting for psychological bias does not prove physical differences, so sighted experience on my part wouldn't affect my position.

Jul 5, 2010 at 9:51 PM Post #170 of 275
deadhorse.gif

This whole thread, lol

Jul 5, 2010 at 9:53 PM Post #171 of 275

Quote:
I'm not refuting that they make a psychological difference. So no, you don't.

And experiencing a difference without accounting for psychological bias does not prove physical differences, so sighted experience on my part wouldn't affect my position.

Careful now...I suspect one day you'll end up eating crow...

If you're so sure, why not go and actually try these cables for yourself. Your opinions hold no water without the requisite experience.

Jul 5, 2010 at 10:03 PM Post #172 of 275
Quote:
If you're so sure, why not go and actually try these cables for yourself. Your opinions hold no water without the requisite experience.

I explained that the exact opposite was true in the very post you quoted. Did you read it?

When real evidence comes out that supports real differences, then I'll call myself wrong openly. However, since I've been asking for that evidence, my position is a little more flexible than those who just ignore all the evidence that's out there now. Like, erm, cable believers. I'm actively searching to prove or disprove my position. You (used in the plural) are wallowing in stagnant, willfully ignorant waters, to continue the aqua analogies.

Jul 5, 2010 at 10:41 PM Post #173 of 275
So much for the debate free statement regarding this forum.

Myself?  I'll be looking forward to getting my way cool, custom headphone cables to pair with a HD-650.  To paraphrase Justice Stewart:  Don't know what to expect, but I'll know it when I hear it.

beyersmile.png

Now all I got's ta do is get the manufacture to return my e-mails so I can send them my money.

L3000.gif

Jul 5, 2010 at 10:46 PM Post #174 of 275
Quote:
So much for the debate free statement regarding this forum.

Myself?  I'll be looking forward to getting my way cool, custom headphone cables to pair with a HD-650.  To paraphrase Justice Stewart:  Don't know what to expect, but I'll know it when I hear it.

It's not debate-free. It's DBT free. Which is just an artificial barrier against anti-cable (and scientific) arguments set up to protect Head-Fi financial interests. But whatever.

And you won't know it when you hear it but you'll think you do, which might work just as well on a personal level. Just don't dive back in here like it's a universal constant 
biggrin.gif

Jul 5, 2010 at 10:56 PM Post #175 of 275

Quote:
I explained that the exact opposite was true in the very post you quoted. Did you read it?

When real evidence comes out that supports real differences, then I'll call myself wrong openly. However, since I've been asking for that evidence, my position is a little more flexible than those who just ignore all the evidence that's out there now. Like, erm, cable believers. I'm actively searching to prove or disprove my position. You (used in the plural) are wallowing in stagnant, willfully ignorant waters, to continue the aqua analogies.

The empirical evidence you wish for will have you waiting a lifetime. The only thing to trust here are your ears. Once again, like several others here, I'm advising you to listen to the cables before talking/arguing so much about them. Perform a DBT if you have to...

Oh and BTW. I never heard cable differences either until I got to a certain point with equipment upgrades. Low-resolution ancillaries aren't going to reveal the subtleties of cable-induced changes...

Jul 5, 2010 at 10:59 PM Post #176 of 275
It's not debate-free. It's DBT free.

Okay.  Googled DBT: Double Blind Testing.

Doh!

And you won't know it when you hear it but you'll think you do.....

Well....if I can't get the manufacture to return my e-mail, I'm never going know cause I won't be able to send them my money.

Boo, Hoo, Hoo.

Jul 6, 2010 at 1:26 AM Post #177 of 275
How can you explain the opposite without the Senn headphones and the Senn cables. With your gear your ears its your call with it if you hear the difference? You do need to at least go out and listen to a few Senn cables to start to get an opinion of them.

Quote:

Jul 6, 2010 at 10:15 PM Post #178 of 275
Just don't dive back in here like it's a universal constant 
biggrin.gif

Well.  I got the manufacture to send me an e-mail and we're now hashing out what I'm gonna get.

gs1000.gif

Yeah, baby!

Jul 6, 2010 at 10:16 PM Post #179 of 275
That is great, keep us posted. Like to read your impressions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back