HD600 and Miles Davis
Feb 27, 2008 at 1:51 PM Post #31 of 36
wanna stretch the limit of your 'phones with Miles, try any of his electronica/fusion: Bitches Brew, On the Corner, Get Up With It, etc. Lotsa divergent stuff going on simultaneously all over your head. Quite interesting and about 30 years after Kind of Blue

Feb 27, 2008 at 3:02 PM Post #32 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by tnmike1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wanna stretch the limit of your 'phones with Miles, try any of his electronica/fusion: Bitches Brew, On the Corner, Get Up With It, etc. Lotsa divergent stuff going on simultaneously all over your head. Quite interesting and about 30 years after Kind of Blue

Bitches Brew was actually recorded in 1969, only about 10 years after Kind of Blue. I bring that up not to be pedantic, but because it is amazing how much Miles' music evolved in that short of a time. Agree that it is an awesome album for headphones.

Feb 27, 2008 at 3:33 PM Post #33 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by rederanged /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bitches Brew was actually recorded in 1969, only about 10 years after Kind of Blue. I bring that up not to be pedantic, but because it is amazing how much Miles' music evolved in that short of a time. Agree that it is an awesome album for headphones.

OOOPS--stand corrected. Old age creeping in. actually, though, that was sooo advanced for the time, it SOUNDS maybe like it should've been much later. And while we're on the subject, didn't Corea/Jarrett and others too numerous to mention get their starts with Miles?? Or at least their main recognition???

Feb 27, 2008 at 5:41 PM Post #35 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by tnmike1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And while we're on the subject, didn't Corea/Jarrett and others too numerous to mention get their starts with Miles?? Or at least their main recognition???

Oh for sure. John Coltrane, Bill Evans, Herbie Hancock, Ron Carter, ...

Nov 1, 2010 at 5:32 AM Post #36 of 36
Had to revive this thread! After reading this I picked up a copy of this CD. I'm not sure sure I have heard a better recording than this one. Butterflies in my stomach. Simply amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back