HD600 and HD650 discontinued?
Feb 4, 2015 at 7:25 PM Post #16 of 31
  Same here...I've been planning on buying the HD650 for 2 years. I even told them in the email I was part of a forum. so if they were to replace them i'm pretty sure they wouldn't even email me. But we'll see. Nothing is for sure.

They definitely wouldn't want someone who is part of a forum to say that their most popular headphones are being discontinued
tongue_smile.gif
. The smartest move on their end is to deny it until they have a production unit ready. 

Feb 4, 2015 at 7:45 PM Post #17 of 31
  They definitely wouldn't want someone who is part of a forum to say that their most popular headphones are being discontinued
tongue_smile.gif
. The smartest move on their end is to deny it until they have a production unit ready. 

haha 
biggrin.gif
 you taking some marketing classes or something? XD well like I said nothing is for sure.

Feb 5, 2015 at 6:02 AM Post #18 of 31
Sennheiser's moving aggressively into closed, on-ears territory... But I don't think they're cutting the HD600 and HD650 lines completely... In fact I think they're just gonna keep these 2 around for a few more years so that they could focus on developing yearly successor to the Momentum and Urbanite and whatever. 

But if it's true I wouldn't mind the HD605 (or HD608).

Feb 5, 2015 at 5:17 PM Post #19 of 31
HD600 MKII would be a MUST BUY. Maybe with a darker marble effect and glossy paint on plastic sides of grills. That would be badass.

Feb 5, 2015 at 7:33 PM Post #20 of 31
Sennheiser is developing into an interesting company. They were kind of the classy, old school company who developed such classic and form follows function phones like the 580,600, and 650. Then they went techy and post-modern but still very high quality 800 and 700. Of course they've always had a pro audio presence as well. Now they're moving into the lifestyle, image world with the momentum and urbanites etc. They're trying to cover all bases, let's hope they don't lose their way. IMO, the Momentum, etc. kind of dilute the brand by being overpriced fashion conscious pieces, not up to Senn's high fidelity standards.

Feb 5, 2015 at 7:44 PM Post #21 of 31
  A few friends of mine that work at various audio dealers are telling me that the HD600 and HD650 are no longer in stock and cannot be ordered from the manufacturer. Also, Sennheiser does not have any available for order from their website. Are these headphones finally being discontinued?

Says the guy with a pair of HD650 for sale !    This kind of stuff is ridiculous !

http://www.head-fi.org/t/753752/wts-new-hd650

Feb 5, 2015 at 8:59 PM Post #22 of 31
Says the guy with a pair of HD650 for sale !    This kind of stuff is ridiculous !

http://www.head-fi.org/t/753752/wts-new-hd650

So what? Check my recent posting history and you'll see that I've been trying to get into a Stax rig for a while now. When I went to use my warranty and exchange my headphones for new ones, I was told I was getting the last pair, and that is when I made this thread.

Why don't we try to keep things mature here.

Feb 5, 2015 at 9:05 PM Post #23 of 31
  Checked out also. It's fine but I had to do a google search. Would be a bummer because the HD650 is the last of the lush dark phones since Audeze decided to be boring and balanced :wink: Doubt they would get discontinued they are timeless headphones, I can really see them being around for another few years.

The ZMF x Vibro and Fostex TH500RP are both darker/lush sounding cans.

Feb 5, 2015 at 9:20 PM Post #24 of 31
  HD600 MKII would be a MUST BUY. Maybe with a darker marble effect and glossy paint on plastic sides of grills. That would be badass.

How's the O2 for your HD600? I find the O2+ODAC abit too bright for HD650

Feb 6, 2015 at 5:40 AM Post #25 of 31
I think it synergizes very well particurarly with HD600. Imo HD600 is better on O2 than HD650.

Feb 25, 2016 at 9:50 AM Post #26 of 31
It's probably UNoffically discontinued.  The 600 and 650 are not in any of the current ( and very confusing ) categories of headphones on their site unless I missed it. and  did I miss a SHOW ALL option for their heahphones,  if not that's just silly not to have that as an option. 

A good reason for NOT announcing that they are out of production may be to allow dealers to sell through inventory on hand. If the units are officially cancelled. it has the potential to hurt the dealers ability to sell remaining stock at a decent margin.    Refurbished HD650's are $299 via one online Authorized retailer.  Sennheiser also has several models at or around the same full retail price point of the 600/650 so it looks like the writing is on the wall for those models.   Technics did the same thing with the SL1200MK xx turntable.  it was on their site but it wasn't officially Discontinued until dealer stock was nearly depleted.

Feb 25, 2016 at 3:06 PM Post #27 of 31
They're both there in the over-ear section:

650: http://en-us.sennheiser.com/high-quality-headphones-around-ear-audio-surround-hd-650 

600: http://en-us.sennheiser.com/best-audio-headphones-high-end-stereo-hifi-hd-600

The website is a bit confusing though.

Feb 25, 2016 at 3:17 PM Post #28 of 31
Maybe they are realizing, that this kind of sound quality goes for double or triple the price these days? 300-400 bucks, that's cheapo stuff! Maybe they'll release them with balanced cables and new "tuned" drivers for a new hiked price... And yes, I'm being sarcastic.

I hope I'm wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back