HD600 and HD650 discontinued?
Feb 3, 2015 at 12:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

NotaLefty

100+ Head-Fier
A few friends of mine that work at various audio dealers are telling me that the HD600 and HD650 are no longer in stock and cannot be ordered from the manufacturer. Also, Sennheiser does not have any available for order from their website. Are these headphones finally being discontinued?

Feb 3, 2015 at 1:08 PM Post #2 of 31
It the first time I hear about it and I live in Ireland about 80km from where they make headphones. Definitely I haven't heard of factory being close. Well they do reduce staff time to time and then hire more people but thats about it. 

Feb 3, 2015 at 9:03 PM Post #4 of 31
is this true? I had a plan to buy the HD650 later in the year. is it going to be replaced?

Feb 3, 2015 at 10:40 PM Post #5 of 31
I just tried the Sennheiser website and they are there but you have to use search to find them - it's been like this for quite a while

Feb 3, 2015 at 10:43 PM Post #6 of 31
  I just tried the Sennheiser website and they are there but you have to use search to find them - it's been like this for quite a while

You can search for them, but you cannot purchase them. 

Feb 3, 2015 at 11:53 PM Post #7 of 31
lets me go to the checkout on the UK site

Feb 4, 2015 at 5:24 PM Post #8 of 31
I didn't have to use search. I did it like the usual go on the high end portion of the site with the HD headphones and there it was. But like you guys said I couldn't buy them. I sent an email to sennheiser hoping they will answer about the HD650 or if there will be a new update. But man this just blows my mind with disappointment I've been looking to buy the HD650 for like 2 and a half years. 

Feb 4, 2015 at 5:48 PM Post #9 of 31
Checked out also. It's fine but I had to do a google search. Would be a bummer because the HD650 is the last of the lush dark phones since Audeze decided to be boring and balanced :wink: Doubt they would get discontinued they are timeless headphones, I can really see them being around for another few years.

Feb 4, 2015 at 7:04 PM Post #10 of 31
Guys I just got the email from sennheiser about HD600 and HD650. They told me they won't be discontinued. as for whats going on they didn't mention anything. I'm just glad the HD650 isn't discontinued.

Feb 4, 2015 at 7:06 PM Post #11 of 31
  Guys I just got the email from sennheiser about HD600 and HD650. They told me they won't be discontinued. as for whats going on they didn't mention anything. I'm just glad the HD650 isn't discontinued.

Even if they were going to be discontinued, it wouldn't be smart for them to let that word out. I feel like that is something that wouldn't be announced or implied until a new line of products is available for purchase. 

Feb 4, 2015 at 7:10 PM Post #12 of 31
  Even if they were going to be discontinued, it wouldn't be smart for them to let that word out. I feel like that is something that wouldn't be announced or implied until a new line of products is available for purchase. 

true but then they wouldn't even email me to begin with. I'm just thinking something is going on. But the HD600 and the 650 are clear.

Feb 4, 2015 at 7:13 PM Post #13 of 31
Discontinuing them would leave a huge gap between the 598 and the 700, unless they were to introduce new or revised models, but why mess with timeless classics? I used to have the 580 and regretfully sold it, but my new 600 should be here soon. These are still very popular phones, so I doubt they will be discontinued anytime in the near future. If they were to make revisions, they would probably just be evolutionary and keep the same model name, as they have made running changes to these models over the years.

Feb 4, 2015 at 7:19 PM Post #14 of 31
My guess is they are introducing the HD600 Mk II and HD650 MK II or something like that.
I hope they carry on the HD600 'phone, I've been planning on buying a pair for a past year or two.

Feb 4, 2015 at 7:23 PM Post #15 of 31
My guess is they are introducing the HD600 Mk II and HD650 MK II or something like that.
I hope they carry on the HD600 'phone, I've been planning on buying a pair for a past year or two.

Same here...I've been planning on buying the HD650 for 2 years. I even told them in the email I was part of a forum. so if they were to replace them i'm pretty sure they wouldn't even email me. But we'll see. Nothing is for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back