HD598s.. Magni2Uber vs Vali
Feb 13, 2015 at 5:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

chimmycham

100+ Head-Fier
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013) > Audirvana Plus > Sennheiser HD-598 phones.

I'm deciding between:
>Magni2 Uber / Modi2 Uber
>Vali / Modi2 Uber
>O2 / ODAC
>Magni2 Uber / ODAC
etc..

Which would pair best with my HD598s?

Right now the Magni2 Uber / Modi2 Uber seems like the way to go.

I like the idea of the tubes in the Vali, but have read that the Magni2 is much better for my phones..

Any input is greatly appreciated!

Feb 20, 2015 at 12:04 PM Post #3 of 4
  MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013) > Audirvana Plus > Sennheiser HD-598 phones.

I'm deciding between:
>Magni2 Uber / Modi2 Uber
>Vali / Modi2 Uber
>O2 / ODAC
>Magni2 Uber / ODAC
etc..

Which would pair best with my HD598s?

Right now the Magni2 Uber / Modi2 Uber seems like the way to go.

I like the idea of the tubes in the Vali, but have read that the Magni2 is much better for my phones..

Any input is greatly appreciated!

In a blind testing you could probably not tell the difference between the two. Get what you like, they will both work great with your HD598s.

Feb 26, 2015 at 9:21 PM Post #4 of 4
I'm 6 days into using my new Magni 2 Uber / Modi 2 Uber stack with a set of HD 598s - as well as several other cans - and I can honestly say that I have NEVER heard anything better at anywhere near the stack's price. I'm sure the more expensive Schiit is also a tremendous value and superb listening experience at its price point, but why spend more if you like the less expensive rig's features and you only need to drive the easygoing HD 598s? They are wonderful headphones and i don't ever plan on giving mine up . . . but I also don't plan to buy a DAC/amp combo that has far more power and resolution than the 598s could use.

Have fun deciding what's best for you - and let us know which way you go and how you like your new setup.

Keep listenin' and keep smilin',
Kev

Users who are viewing this thread

Back