HD580 just dropped to $125 on amazon.com
Dec 13, 2006 at 4:14 AM Post #76 of 151
Quote:

Originally Posted by Davesrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey, if you wait long enough.....Sennheiser will introduce the HD700, so that will drive the HD600 down to $130
eggosmile.gif

remember folks - that's only a 100 HD difference in sound quality for such a huge difference in price!

speaking of which why is my shipment taking so long - booooo

Dec 13, 2006 at 4:22 AM Post #77 of 151
such a nice deal, but todd is selling it for the same price if its your first order from him. I ordered my HD580 on monday (first time purchase so 10$ off), but OOS until Friday D=. All the canucks miss out on this one cuz amazon.com doesn't like canadians.

Dec 13, 2006 at 5:07 AM Post #78 of 151
Quote:

Originally Posted by kukrisna /img/forum/go_quote.gif
remember folks - that's only a 100 HD difference in sound quality for such a huge difference in price!

Let's see, the HD650 is 70HD points above the HD580, yet costs 2.5x as much. If the HD700 is introduced at $300, the HD600 would drop to $85!!
basshead.gif
basshead.gif

Dec 18, 2006 at 1:39 PM Post #79 of 151
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyleroni /img/forum/go_quote.gif
X-mas special! WOOHOO!
580smile.gif

Heh... I just checked it out, and thought to myself, $135 seems nice, lets see what the real price is when I use the "send me the TTVJ price" thing.

Lo and behold... "Our best price is: $179.00".

Made me laugh
tongue.gif

Dec 18, 2006 at 5:57 PM Post #82 of 151
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gil Schwartzman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just ordered 600 Grills. Lady told me they should ship first week of Jan. Hopefully she is right.

How much did they cost you?

Dec 18, 2006 at 6:04 PM Post #83 of 151
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gil Schwartzman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just ordered 600 Grills. Lady told me they should ship first week of Jan. Hopefully she is right.

nah.....whenever I call, they always tell be it's going to ship in 2 weeks. It's been 2 months! I've read similar threads where it can be anywhere from a week to 3 months before people get the grills. Just depends on when they get them in stock.

Dec 19, 2006 at 12:02 AM Post #84 of 151
Thanks for the heads up!

I've been researching a headphone purchase for a few days now, and I finally bought these today
smily_headphones1.gif

My only concern is that I'm heading down an expensive road :p

I'm gonna be listening to these at work, will I need an amp? Or will the sound card in my PC be enough? What if I want to use them with my iPod?

Now I have to start researching amps I guess
wink.gif

Dec 19, 2006 at 12:19 AM Post #85 of 151
If you want to listen to it thru your ipod then you will need an amp. Your sound card will probably have sufficient power, but wont be able to blast. If youre using an onboard motherboard soundcard i can suggest you a great sounding and very cheap USB sound card cuz onboard cards don't do the HD580/HD600/HD650 any justice.

I cant wait to try out my HD580s thru my D-33 and Go Vibe 5 next week!

Dec 19, 2006 at 12:22 AM Post #86 of 151
Quote:

Originally Posted by sonic_rage /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you want to listen to it thru your ipod then you will need an amp. Your sound card will probably have sufficient power, but wont be able to blast. If youre using an onboard motherboard soundcard i can suggest you a great sounding and very cheap USB sound card cuz onboard cards don't do the HD580/HD600/HD650 any justice.

What USB sound card do you recommend?

Dec 19, 2006 at 12:30 AM Post #87 of 151
Something's wrong with ebay at the moment so i couldnt choose an auction with the best price, but just type in 'usb sound card' and many of these will show up.

http://cgi.ebay.com/USB-2-0-3D-Sound...QQcmdZViewItem

It's a great step up if youre coming from onboard sound.
They use the C-media chipset and sound almost the same as a Turtle Beach Audio Advantage USB sound card, which also uses C-media.
These things also have a lot of power, but not nearly as much power as the Audio Advantage.

Dec 19, 2006 at 12:32 AM Post #88 of 151
Quote:

Originally Posted by sonic_rage /img/forum/go_quote.gif

SO a nice PCI card won't do well? hmmmm.. then what is the USB card I should look at?

Any suggestions for the iPod?

I'm gonna start reading the other forums a bit to get a feel for sources
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks for the help.

Dec 19, 2006 at 1:04 AM Post #90 of 151
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hayduke /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the heads up!

I've been researching a headphone purchase for a few days now, and I finally bought these today
smily_headphones1.gif

My only concern is that I'm heading down an expensive road :p

I'm gonna be listening to these at work, will I need an amp? Or will the sound card in my PC be enough? What if I want to use them with my iPod?

Now I have to start researching amps I guess
wink.gif

Try them first, and see how you like it. I really didn't think that an amp improves the can that much better. The amp just refines the sound a little bit. I just got myself that 580, original master amp, and the emu1212m. I don't mind the improvement from motherboard soundcard, and amp-less, but I would've been satisfied with unamped 580.

I think I need to try unamped akg701 now. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back