1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Hd-800 with apogee

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by anukis, May 2, 2011.
  1. anukis
    HI everyone. I'm from a pro studio environment and I've decided to buy the hd-800 for my studio not really to mix but as a quiet solution when I work late and for my keybaords. I design sounds for the Korg Oasys and Motif XF keyboards so I need the best I can find. I have a set of K701 but I just wanted a different sound.

My question is I am thinking of buying an Apogee Mini-me to use as a ad/da and as a soundcard for a portable solution and I am sure I will be happy with quality wise, but will it be enough to drive the hd-800? I know its not a Ray Samuels etc but I have some Rme Firefaces and a bunch of converters but all of which are not portable.

I was hoping to hook the apogee to a variety of items like my L/R out from my keyboards, with the Cardas hd-800 modded cables, or my ipod classic 6th gen or my macbook pro out of the apogee mini-me digital or analog.

Is there also a device which will digitally plug out of the ipods from the bottom apple connector to improve the sound of them? Fostex has the hp-1 I believe. I know the ipod is an "ipod" and it doesn't sound good to me but the best way to portably get sound out would be enough for me without spending a hell of a lot of money.

If you think there is something in the 300-400 price range that is portable that can be dedicated more or less to hd-800 and maybe even the K701 please let me know. It needs to have usb to run as an interface and ts/xlr ins if possible. S/P dif would be a plus. Please remember I'm not really an audiophile in a knowledge sense so I don't have a lot of experience with amps and brands when it comes to the hifi world.

Thank you