HD 600 vs HD 650
Mar 24, 2011 at 1:20 PM Post #181 of 441

Quote:
I really want to try a solid state source. . . starting to think tubes are silly. I wouldn't call the bass muddy on my setup, but it's not as clear as the mids.

Creek OBH21 SE is very good with the 650's it has a typical SS sound with timing and sharpness but also sounds a bit liquidy too. Decent realistic bass as well.   

Mar 25, 2011 at 2:52 AM Post #183 of 441

Quote:

the 650s headband is definitely made of Plastic

Ouch!.. has anyone got any Gaffer tape? casualty in the 650/600 thread ha ha

Mar 25, 2011 at 4:34 AM Post #184 of 441

Quote:
Ouch!.. has anyone got any Gaffer tape? casualty in the 650/600 thread ha ha

Sennheiser replaced it...... no charge.

Gotta love those 650s. 
beyersmile.png

Jun 23, 2011 at 3:48 PM Post #185 of 441
Sorry to revive this thread but I was wondering which would scale better with an E9/E7 combination?

From what I've heard I think I'll like the 650's sound more (darker and more suited to rock) but apparently they have to have better equipment than the 600's to bring them to their full potential.

Opinions?

Jun 25, 2011 at 1:24 PM Post #187 of 441
You know how every year, millions of kids write freshman papers on Shakespeare or lab reports or take the same calc 1 tests, across the country? Doesn't that seem, not wasteful since education is good, but still, you know, a little wasteful? Because the work's been done a million times? That's sort of like what your question is like. Since this topic has come up about a million times on H-F. You should use the search bar.

Jun 26, 2011 at 6:40 AM Post #188 of 441

Quote:
You know how every year, millions of kids write freshman papers on Shakespeare or lab reports or take the same calc 1 tests, across the country? Doesn't that seem, not wasteful since education is good, but still, you know, a little wasteful? Because the work's been done a million times? That's sort of like what your question is like. Since this topic has come up about a million times on H-F. You should use the search bar.

Dont patronise me. Ive done my research. I just wanted a definitive answer.

Jun 26, 2011 at 6:48 AM Post #189 of 441

Quote:
Dont patronise me. Ive done my research. I just wanted a definitive answer.

I think some members are getting a bit frustrated with E7/E9 people asking the same questions over and over. It's like M50 starters. And to be honest, I understand. Can the E9 drive the 650? Probably, will a better amp drive it better and make it sound better, definately. And the 600 and 650 are both 300ohm so that shouldn't matter. The 650 is superior to the 600, and the better the amp the more you can get out of them

Jun 26, 2011 at 4:18 PM Post #190 of 441
THere is no definitive answer with these two headphones. Most people will like one over the other but it is all personal preference.

Jul 24, 2011 at 1:24 AM Post #192 of 441
with there only being an approx $30 difference in price on the 600 and 650 with Razerdogdeals, is it really worth that difference to go with the 650 over the 600?  I also worry about the 650 possibly being too dark for me, though i'm not sure.. I mostly just want the best sq i can get for that price range. 

Aug 21, 2011 at 11:17 AM Post #193 of 441
Thing is that, the E7/E9 is the cheapest functionable dac/amp combo that would drive the bigger cans. Don't everyone upgrade their headphones before upgrading their amp? In fact I have the exact same question in my mind, since I already own the E7.

And I am not ashamed of myself not being able to afford a 200+ amp. When I'm planning to buy one of the two as a year-end Christmas present, I am trying to cut cost. Its not like I'm trying to power them with an iphone or a cheap amp. E9 is the most affordable desk amp around! So please don't troll on FiiO products...

Ok, *tidies up my mood* I am really saving hard to afford one of these. Its already so exciting thinking about stepping into mid/hi-fi. So I have to do plenty of research, since I have to make sure I will definitely love them. They would be a pair of meaningful cans in my headfi life.

So since they both scale as good/crap with the E7+9 combo, then I want to confirm my research. The HD600 sounds brighter compared to the HD650, which has more bass? Does it mean the HD600 would be by any means lacking enough bass?

Aug 21, 2011 at 12:31 PM Post #194 of 441
The 600 doesn't lack bass and isn't bright. The 650's bass just has more body and is better imho, but that is all preference. The 600 is just less warm and a bit more aggressive to me
The 650 was the top Senn headphone for a long time, imo the 650 gets better with a better amp, more then the 600s do, but that just might be my personal impression

Aug 21, 2011 at 6:13 PM Post #195 of 441
The both have good bass but the HD650 has more lower midrange presence and correspondingly slightly recessed treble compared to the HD600. And there are significant differences between the old and new versions of both headphones that has to be factored into any comparison, as the drivers have been changed on both models. On the HD600, the older version isn't as sharp in the treble as the new version and I prefer the older model. On the HD650 I think that I would prefer the sharper version, but I forget which is which.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back