HD 25-1 vs. HD 25SP vs. ATH-M50
Jan 6, 2012 at 7:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

arpeggi91

New Head-Fier
Looking to purchase my first decent pair of headphones.  Ive narrowed it down to these two (or three I guess), unless someone recommends something else.  Im looking for portability and durability (still with good quality), and will be used mainly for Radiohead. I've tried my brothers HD 25SP and really really liked them, but I havent compared it to the others yet.  Is the 25-1 worth the extra money?  Im an inexperienced listener, using these for casual listening (nothing professional), although they will probably be worn for long periods at a time.  As well, people tend to go back and forth between the HD 25 and the ATH-M50 when making recommendations...I know the ATH-M50 is the number one seller where I live.

Any recommendations for me?  What price should I be aiming to get each of these at?

And is anyone selling!!??

Thanks.

Jan 6, 2012 at 7:18 PM Post #2 of 3
I just purchased my M50 as my first headphones. While the sound is great, they are very uncomfortable and heavy. They also have a 10' cable which makes it very difficult to manage when your just walking the dog or something. If I had to pick again I would have probably picked the smaller HD25-1's.

Jan 7, 2012 at 1:45 AM Post #3 of 3

Quote:
I just purchased my M50 as my first headphones. While the sound is great, they are very uncomfortable and heavy. They also have a 10' cable which makes it very difficult to manage when your just walking the dog or something. If I had to pick again I would have probably picked the smaller HD25-1's.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back