HD 25-1 Success Story.
Aug 11, 2004 at 3:42 AM Post #47 of 60
HD25-1 take a long time to burn in, but once they have, they are my favorite
under 200.00 headphone.
I bought an almost brand new pair 6 mos ago that had about 40hrs on them. They sounded a little shrill so I foolishly sold them. Then about 2 mos ago I tried another pair (per Bangraman's strong commentary). These had 200 hours burn in, and it has made all the diffrence from a mediocre headphone to excellent (in price range).

Aug 26, 2004 at 11:05 AM Post #50 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3lusiv3
The HD-25 cost US$355 here in Australia. That's just ridiculous!

They're about $600USD here in NZ
rolleyes.gif
Kind of tempted though looking at the US price
tongue.gif

Aug 26, 2004 at 2:27 PM Post #51 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by dstyslpr
They're about $600USD here in NZ
rolleyes.gif
Kind of tempted though looking at the US price
tongue.gif

They're about USD175 over here but it has to be prepaid order, if you really want it I can try help you with the order and you can pay me once I have the phones in my hand. We're not that far apart, postal should be less than $10.

The only thing I ask is that I can try it briefly to compare with my 25sp.
biggrin.gif
I just've got to hear these phones - but I already have two 25sps.

Jun 14, 2006 at 10:50 AM Post #52 of 60
I've just bought a secondhand pair of HD-25 / 1 (70 ohm) and am in the process of attaching the cable (they came without cable)

I assume the standard HD-25 SP cable (which I have) is not the correct cable for the HDF-25 / 1? The connectors fit and it's fine if you reverse the capsules so the cable entry is at the bottom instead of the top but it doesn't seem to be the correct cable if I want to wire the HD-25 / 1 up through the headband.

Heh, the only reason I bought these very cheaply was because I had HD-25 SP cable and new pads kicking about
tongue.gif
No problem with the cables entering at the bottom of the 'phones but it would be nice to route it through the headband
smily_headphones1.gif

Pics to follow........

Jun 14, 2006 at 11:00 AM Post #53 of 60
the 25-1 and 25-13 cables are asymmetric, but you can wrap right end of the symmetric 25-sp cable around the square piece of plastic that secures the cable to the right driver. that way, you can use the 25-sp cable without the dreaded Y
smily_headphones1.gif

you could always buy the 25-13 cable and reterminate it though
wink.gif

Jun 14, 2006 at 11:59 AM Post #55 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa
Check my sig if you want some info on cables on the hd25. Saves you a search.

Cheers Lisa you're a darling, I'll give that a go right now, great idea of yours
smily_headphones1.gif

MAN these things are seriously "meaty" paired with the ipod, goes loud enough to rattle your brain!............. nice
evil_smiley.gif

Jun 14, 2006 at 12:01 PM Post #56 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkFloyd
Cheers Lisa you're a darling, I'll give that a go right now, great idea of yours
smily_headphones1.gif

MAN these things are seriously "meaty" paired with the ipod, goes loud enough to rattle your brain!............. nice
evil_smiley.gif

yeah they're efficient enough to seriously save some batteries
basshead.gif

Jun 14, 2006 at 1:40 PM Post #57 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Firestarter
yeah they're efficient enough to seriously save some batteries
basshead.gif

For sure
smily_headphones1.gif
I decided to go down a less elaborate route with the cable which involved doubling it back on itself and then heatshrinking it, works wonders.

EDIT: have removed the heatshrink and tried the "coiled" method, just as good. These geezers are seriously good with Mr. Ipod, soooooooo efficient
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 14, 2006 at 3:13 PM Post #58 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Firestarter
the 25-1 and 25-13 cables are asymmetric, but you can wrap right end of the symmetric 25-sp cable around the square piece of plastic that secures the cable to the right driver. that way, you can use the 25-sp cable without the dreaded Y
smily_headphones1.gif

you could always buy the 25-13 cable and reterminate it though
wink.gif

Part number for the "correct" cable is 40180 where the Red (R/H) cable is much shorter than the black (L/H) cable. This will save funky coiling and other string and sellotape connection methods.

Jun 14, 2006 at 6:43 PM Post #59 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkFloyd
evil_smiley.gif

Wait until you amp them
basshead.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Argh, they lie there, all glory, and Barbaria is too darn hot these days to use them.
plainface.gif
... ah well, so many other phones
biggrin.gif
and winter is right around the corner
rolleyes.gif

Jun 14, 2006 at 7:00 PM Post #60 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver :)
Wait until you amp them
basshead.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

The main reason I bought these (apart from the fact they were sold without cable and I had cable ) was to partner the ipod. I know these are a very efficient 'phone and when conserving battery life is essential (as it is with the ipod) then you can't get much better than the HD-25 / 1.

I've tried them through a few amps, and very good they are too, but their main partner will be the ipod.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back