HD 25-1 ii Originals "Adidas" Like, Love, or Hate?
Jul 21, 2011 at 3:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

lilkoolaidman

500+ Head-Fier

I'm simply curious about how most Head-Fiers feel about the Adidas styling on the HD 25-1s, so I started a poll. Is it sexy? Too flashy? Fashionable?

Jul 21, 2011 at 8:15 AM Post #2 of 15
I find them far more appealing than the plain black HD25s. Much more stylish and less cheap looking. I would've gotten them but I can't seem to find a pair for a decent price here.

Jul 21, 2011 at 8:35 AM Post #3 of 15
I know I keep spamming this picture, but I just really like my customized HD25s!
L3000.gif

Jul 22, 2011 at 12:49 AM Post #4 of 15

Quote:
I know I keep spamming this picture, but I just really like my customized HD25s!
L3000.gif

I wish Sennheiser offered customization on select models similar to what Beyerdynamic does with their DT770/80/90s. Yours might look awesome with some dark red pads and earpiece holders (for lack of a better word). I dunno, I just like the combination of red and white.

Jul 22, 2011 at 1:31 AM Post #6 of 15
If the blues were a little darker, it'd look a little better for my tastes...  I don't think it looks Skullcandy-ish at all. 

Jul 22, 2011 at 11:15 AM Post #7 of 15

Quote:
I wish Sennheiser offered customization on select models similar to what Beyerdynamic does with their DT770/80/90s. Yours might look awesome with some dark red pads and earpiece holders (for lack of a better word). I dunno, I just like the combination of red and white.

Red isn't my thing unfortunately and also it seems the replacement coloured pads that are available are all velour . I definitely prefer pleather on the HD25.

Jul 23, 2011 at 11:58 PM Post #9 of 15
bump for more results. I was expecting more votes for "no"

Jul 24, 2011 at 12:46 AM Post #10 of 15

Quote:
bump for more results. I was expecting more votes for "no"

LOL, that's too bad.  The design is still aesthetically pleasing.  I voted yes since you posted this.  I do wish the blue was a little darker.

Jul 30, 2011 at 8:52 PM Post #12 of 15
Funny, I'm an Adidas guy thru and thru. I own several pairs of Adidas Original shoes and love the fact that the blue in these cans is identical to the original Adidas colors, but when it comes to headphones this doesnt matter so much. So if i hadnt received these as a gift i probably would have bought the non-Adidas version. What matters most is SQ and these dont disappoint. They are a bit fatiguing for extended wearbecause of the clampinf force, but thats needed for isolation. Whether the Adidas trim is worth the extra $ is a matter of personal opinion.

Aug 3, 2011 at 6:55 PM Post #13 of 15
What do you guys think of the white velour  pads? Are they good looking or more awkward...

I'd really like to know because I tried the blue pleathers in the store and found the hd 25 adidas to be really good looking and definitely worth the premium price over black.

However I want to use the velour pads and they are white and I wonder what that actually looks like in action...

Aug 16, 2011 at 1:32 PM Post #15 of 15
The velour pads don't look bad with the blue, but they will get dirty. They are 2x more comfortable though.

Quote:
What do you guys think of the white velour  pads? Are they good looking or more awkward...

I'd really like to know because I tried the blue pleathers in the store and found the hd 25 adidas to be really good looking and definitely worth the premium price over black.

However I want to use the velour pads and they are white and I wonder what that actually looks like in action...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back