HBO's "Game of Thrones"
Jun 25, 2011 at 3:04 PM Post #61 of 150
... and beer... and Game of Thrones in all of it's full frontal glory!

beerchug.gif

Jun 25, 2011 at 9:25 PM Post #62 of 150

Quote:
I was really starting to get into everything in the last 3-4 episodes. If you look at my earlier comment in this thread, I felt things were too slow and political for my liking, but I love political meeting action and suspense. Also, I clapped when they calmed down with the over-the-top nudity... I know, I know, the book referenced sex and nudity all the time, but when in the book it may say something like "the men talked and there were breasts" that visually translates to the discussion happening but all you see for the five minutes that the conversation goes on is breasts. [

I really hope they continue on the great note they left off on and am looking forward to the beyond-the-wall type arc.

The show is less graphic than the book.

Jul 11, 2011 at 7:03 PM Post #63 of 150

Quote:
I think a midget getting banged by 4 busty sluts cheapens an otherwise decent show.

HAHAHAHAHA I died laughing when I read this....oh god, that made my day thank you.

Jul 18, 2011 at 6:28 AM Post #64 of 150
Speaking from ignorance not having read the books I was slightly disappointed that Sean Bean did not run amok with that big bloody sword and nail a few of his enemies, a touch of the Boromir's would have gone down well.
Otherwise super series looking forward to series two. 

Jul 19, 2011 at 12:22 AM Post #65 of 150
I just watched the whole first season over two days on HBO On Demand, and loved every minute of it. I was crushed when I saw the "spring 2012" though....but hopefully by then I will have read all the books, which I just loaded onto my Nook Simple Touch.
beerchug.gif

Jul 21, 2011 at 7:25 PM Post #67 of 150
Watched the full series in a couple days about a week ago and was thoroughly impressed. Very good show. I thought the finale was lacking energy and drive though. Favorite character is the dancing swordstress with her Needle.

This show turned me on to HBO shows and now I'm about halfway through watching The Wire, also excellent. I have HBO's Rome on my plate after that.

Jul 22, 2011 at 3:14 PM Post #70 of 150
I didn't have a problem with the sex scenes in the show, they never felt forced or out of place to myself or my friends.
Only found out they were a problem for people when I read reviews. 

The show was amazing, and the story made some pretty brave moves. 

Now, I have to decide if I want to buy the books and read them all in a month or wait for the TV series to renew and try to avoid seven books worth of spoilers over the next few years :\ .
Seems so clear cut when I type it out, but in reality i'm most likely going to wait for the show. It is just done so **** well.

Mar 15, 2012 at 6:54 PM Post #72 of 150
When is the season 2 premier?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back