Havi B6 !
Feb 6, 2015 at 12:35 PM Post #841 of 1,184

I suspect the same as you in regards to the feedback.  They wouldn't send him the product unless they highly valued his opinion.  

I would doubt that he would even post his impressions here until Havi has finalized their product.

If Havi have really sent him a faulty product, it would be better not to share any impressions on his side rather than misleading people here IMO. We can wait a little longer.
wink.gif

Feb 6, 2015 at 12:39 PM Post #842 of 1,184

Asking these questions just leaves a bad taste and nobody can't answer it anyway. Trust your own judgment when the review comes out.

I don't know why there would be any bad taste.  We are all eagerly awaiting Baycode's initial impressions.  My question is more about whether any negative feedback is sent back to Havi first (so they can adjust accordingly) before getting posted here.

It was a simple speculative question, sorry if it offended anyone.  Is Baycode the only head-fier to get one?  How about H20?  bhazard?

Feb 6, 2015 at 12:48 PM Post #843 of 1,184

I don't know why there would be any bad taste.  We are all eagerly awaiting Baycode's initial impressions.  My question is more about whether any negative feedback is sent back to Havi first (so they can adjust accordingly) before getting posted here.

It was a simple speculative question, sorry if it offended anyone.  Is Baycode the only head-fier to get one?  How about H20?  bhazard?

You actually asked:
 what if he doesn't like B6?  Does he have an obligation to tell the truth

That's quite inappropriate to discuss here you know. Who do you expect do answer this? 
Let's not dwell in useless discussion about Baycode and wait patently for some news =)

Feb 6, 2015 at 12:56 PM Post #844 of 1,184
But he could chime in and clear things up here about B6 pre-production unit that he has. That would be nice.

Feb 6, 2015 at 1:06 PM Post #845 of 1,184

If Havi have really sent him a faulty product, it would be better not to share any impressions on his side rather than misleading people here IMO. We can wait a little longer.
wink.gif

Exactly.  :)

Feb 6, 2015 at 1:34 PM Post #846 of 1,184

wink.gif

What I meant is not a faulty unit, but rather a pre-production unit sent to get a feedback so that manufacture can fine-tune the final production unit.  For example, Cayin sent out N6 dap to a small group of people in China a month before the final production started; they got a feedback on what needs to be fine-tuned (rather than a drastic redesign), and went ahead to fix it.  Obviously, I wasn't a part of that "test" group, but read some of the impressions from people before and after.  Some might not feel to share impressions "before" because it can lead to a wrong info about the product by starting rumors.

Again, I'm only speculating in here, might not be the case at all.  But the whole point of "pre-production" kind of suggests it's not the final sound signature and they are looking for a feedback to finalize it.

Feb 6, 2015 at 1:55 PM Post #847 of 1,184
The way I see it there's only two reasons to send out pre-production units :

1. You want feedback and suggestions to implement in the final product.

2. You're done tuning the product but still have to finalize package, accessories etc but would like to start getting reviews up.

If 1 there would be no reason to post any impressions. If 2 and some problem is revealed by either producer or reviewers and the producer decides to make changes to fix this I still see no need to post impressions.

Regarding the delay it might very well be ad simple that some technical problem has occurred when starting mass production........

Feb 6, 2015 at 2:30 PM Post #848 of 1,184
I agree with ebrian.  It could be that it's not as good as expected.  Rather than write a poor review, he could be working with Havi on updates.

Feb 6, 2015 at 2:46 PM Post #852 of 1,184
  I agree with ebrian.  It could be that it's not as good as expected.  Rather than write a poor review, he could be working with Havi on updates.

Has anyone considered that he may be too busy (like working) to listen to, or write a review right now? He did give a quick impression, but said he was on holiday and  the move. Maybe work piled up while he was away. I would think it does take considerable time and preperation to write reviews as well as his. Just a thought.

Feb 6, 2015 at 2:50 PM Post #853 of 1,184
  Has anyone considered that he may be too busy (like working) to listen to, or write a review right now? He did give a quick impression, but said he was on holiday and  the move. Maybe work piled up while he was away. I would think it does take considerable time and preperation to write reviews as well as his. Just a thought.

. . . So is he working or on holiday? Either way, we've considered it, but found the other scenario to be more likely.

Feb 6, 2015 at 2:54 PM Post #855 of 1,184

Come on, get your priorities right! Work,personal life, vacation, moving, marriage or whatever, everyone knows that reviews about headphones on a online-forum for strangers have the highest priority above all and everything. 

Plebeians these days....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back