Havi B6 !
Feb 5, 2015 at 11:34 PM Post #829 of 1,184
Long time lurker. Well, lurker since Sept-ish, when I left a pair of Klipsch x10's on an airport seat. Found this forum while looking for a replacement pair.

I'm not an audiophile, but kid myself into believing I can appreciate quality sound. Also not willing to spend north of $150--with my forgetful ways, the same fate likely awaits my next pair.

I'm looking for a quality IEM. Was convinced B3 P1 was the solution, then I read about B6. And have been patiently waiting. The discussion and reviews on Titan 1 got me thinking of going ahead and buying something while Havi figures out what they are doing the the B6, but noise isolation is important to me--I'll listen to these on public transport (planes, trains, autobuses) and don't want to be that annoying guy who forces others to listen to his music--and the semi-open aspect of the Titan's wont work for me.

Listen to all ranges of music, and a lot of audio books FWIW. Don't mind slightly bassy response, but nothing too North of neutral. Don't want to carry an amp either. Plug and play, and typically just plugged into my phone or iPod.

Any suggestions on another pair of KILLER sub $150 IEMs that the B6 will be competing head to head with? I really don't want to wait anymore, but will if there aren't any strong recommendations on another pair. Seems like you guys and gals really know your stuff, so I trust your recs.

Feb 6, 2015 at 12:06 AM Post #830 of 1,184
Long time lurker. Well, lurker since Sept-ish, when I left a pair of Klipsch x10's on an airport seat. Found this forum while looking for a replacement pair.

I'm not an audiophile, but kid myself into believing I can appreciate quality sound. Also not willing to spend north of $150--with my forgetful ways, the same fate likely awaits my next pair.

I'm looking for a quality IEM. Was convinced B3 P1 was the solution, then I read about B6. And have been patiently waiting. The discussion and reviews on Titan 1 got me thinking of going ahead and buying something while Havi figures out what they are doing the the B6, but noise isolation is important to me--I'll listen to these on public transport (planes, trains, autobuses) and don't want to be that annoying guy who forces others to listen to his music--and the semi-open aspect of the Titan's wont work for me.

Listen to all ranges of music, and a lot of audio books FWIW. Don't mind slightly bassy response, but nothing too North of neutral. Don't want to carry an amp either. Plug and play, and typically just plugged into my phone or iPod.

Any suggestions on another pair of KILLER sub $150 IEMs that the B6 will be competing head to head with? I really don't want to wait anymore, but will if there aren't any strong recommendations on another pair. Seems like you guys and gals really know your stuff, so I trust your recs.
Vsonic GR07 BE gets my vote based on what you're looking for and what your budget is.

Feb 6, 2015 at 12:14 AM Post #831 of 1,184

Really depends on your sound preference, neutral, bassy, v-shape? I suggest you to read Joker's recommendation list first: http://theheadphonelist.com/earphone-buyers-guide/

Additional candidates from me would be the ZA Duoza (warm and smooth) and the KC06A (neutral, slight v shape, clear sound, excellent treble extension), 

btw welcome to head-fi =)

Feb 6, 2015 at 1:32 AM Post #832 of 1,184
  Really depends on your sound preference, neutral, bassy, v-shape? I suggest you to read Joker's recommendation list first: http://theheadphonelist.com/earphone-buyers-guide/

Additional candidates from me would be the ZA Duoza (warm and smooth) and the KC06A (neutral, slight v shape, clear sound, excellent treble extension), 

btw welcome to head-fi =)

Sorry about your wallet 
biggrin.gif

Feb 6, 2015 at 6:33 AM Post #833 of 1,184

Rha750, vsonic vsd5, both good choices

Feb 6, 2015 at 11:15 AM Post #834 of 1,184
  I would say he works with Havi (rather than "for Havi"), helping to spread the word about their fine IEMs, and doing a fantastic job!

Hmm.. what if he doesn't like B6?  Does he have an obligation to tell the truth, or more to spread the word?  

Feb 6, 2015 at 11:48 AM Post #835 of 1,184
Hmm.. what if he doesn't like B6?  Does he have an obligation to tell the truth, or more to spread the word?  

Seriously? In this case A LOT of reviews and impressions in here would be in trouble since many people get free stuff ro review them and will get vlose relationship we the suppliers over time. My impression is that most is able to keep it objective enough to retain their credibility.

Also such a bluff would be called as soon some others receive theirs and credibility would be ruined forever.

The envy some people are showing here makes me think of my kids when they were younger.

Feb 6, 2015 at 11:51 AM Post #836 of 1,184

I can't speak for Baycode, but will give him a benefit of a doubt that if @Baycode finds something off with his pre-production review unit, he will provide a feedback to Havi with suggestions how to improve the tuning, etc.  Who knows, maybe that is a reason why release is delayed?
biggrin.gif

Feb 6, 2015 at 12:19 PM Post #838 of 1,184
Seriously? In this case A LOT of reviews and impressions in here would be in trouble since many people get free stuff ro review them and will get vlose relationship we the suppliers over time. My impression is that most is able to keep it objective enough to retain their credibility.

Also such a bluff would be called as soon some others receive theirs and credibility would be ruined forever.

The envy some people are showing here makes me think of my kids when they were younger.

Peter, it was an honest question.  I'm not pointing fingers and I have no idea where this notion of "envy" is coming from.  

Feb 6, 2015 at 12:24 PM Post #839 of 1,184

I can't speak for Baycode, but will give him a benefit of a doubt that if @Baycode finds something off with his pre-production review unit, he will provide a feedback to Havi with suggestions how to improve the tuning, etc.  Who knows, maybe that is a reason why release is delayed?
biggrin.gif

I suspect the same as you in regards to the feedback.  They wouldn't send him the product unless they highly valued his opinion.  

I would doubt that he would even post his impressions here until Havi has finalized their product.

Feb 6, 2015 at 12:25 PM Post #840 of 1,184

Peter, it was an honest question.  I'm not pointing fingers and I have no idea where this notion of "envy" is coming from.  

Asking these questions just leaves a bad taste and nobody can't answer it anyway. It's a question of manner and respect. Trust your own judgment when the review comes out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back