Havi B6 !
Jan 9, 2015 at 1:00 PM Post #631 of 1,184
The X3's amp is very powerful for a DAP (much more powerful than the NX1 amp that's popular with the B3's) and I find the pairing to be great just as you :wink:

haha its true... Love havis.

Oh btw X3 doesn't need an amp, already has so much power flowing out of it.

Haha yea I agree that the amp section is extremely strong for a dap (viva E17!). Somehow I prefer the sound from high gain, and it's great that the volume setting is still sane.(40~50) Didn't realise that the X3 amp is stronger than the NX1.. Glad i decided against getting it.

Just wanted to play around with the sound stage and signature (in local slang we call it itchy hands :xf_eek:) and also hopefully extend the battery life a bit, past the rated 10 hours. :D

Jan 9, 2015 at 1:53 PM Post #632 of 1,184
Hello RedTwilight,

Do you still have a Fiio X1 ? If yes can you tell us how the B3P1 are with it against them with the X3. I already read your review and comparison of the X1 (vs X3) and I think SQ of the X1 is enough for me but I am wondering if the power is enough for the B3P1 or if they need more (hence the X3 or should I say X3 II).

Thank you very much.

PS : Also i don't have yet the B3P1 and was waiting for the B6, but if the bassy version comes out in February and we still don't have any date for the neutral version I might buy the B3P1 ... Nobody has any infos on the release of the neutral version of the B6 ? Thanks

Jan 9, 2015 at 2:34 PM Post #633 of 1,184
  I am wondering if the power is enough for the B3P1 or if they need more (hence the X3 or should I say X3 II).

The X1 can produce 68.6mW into 32Ω, which is probably a little more than the NX1 puts out. It's not in the same class as a powerhouse like the X3, but the NX1 does fine for the B3, so the X1 shouldn't have trouble. You'd only need more if you want to crank them up to pain-threshold levels.

Jan 9, 2015 at 2:58 PM Post #634 of 1,184
The X1 can produce 68.6mW into 32Ω, which is probably a little more than the NX1 puts out. It's not in the same class as a powerhouse like the X3, but the NX1 does fine for the B3, so the X1 shouldn't have trouble. You'd only need more if you want to crank them up to pain-threshold levels.

The NX1 is rated at 100mW @ 32 Ohm and has enough power so ~70mW should probably be enough.

Jan 9, 2015 at 4:53 PM Post #636 of 1,184
The NX1 is rated at 100mW @ 32 Ohm and has enough power so ~70mW should probably be enough.

Yeah, that's what they claim on their site. But they also claim a maximum output of 8.2Vp-p, which would be ... impressive for something running off a 3.3V lithium battery. It's based around a 16-pin opamp, and the best guess seems to be that this is the highly-regarded MAX9722 (the same chip iFi use in their iDAC).
Here's the MAX9722 THD plot for a 3V supply, and at 3.3V the curves will be shifted slightly to the right:

They're probably right about the 1kHZ THD being around 0.01% at 50mW, but that's happening right before it hits the threshold. If these assumptions are correct (that it's a MAX9722 running off a standard lithium battery) then I wouldn't expect it to deliver much more than 60mW @32Ω. That's just fine for the Havi B3's though, I have one myself and it does an excellent job.

Jan 9, 2015 at 4:55 PM Post #637 of 1,184
Yeah, that's what they claim on their site. But they also claim a maximum output of 8.2Vp-p, which would be ... impressive for something running off a 3.3V lithium battery. It's based around a 16-pin opamp, and the best guess seems to be that this is the highly-regarded MAX9722 (the same chip iFi use in their iDAC).
Here's the MAX9722 THD plot for a 3V supply, and at 3.3V the curves will be shifted slightly to the right:

They're probably right about the 1kHZ THD being around 0.01% at 50mW, but that's happening right before it hits the threshold. If these assumptions are correct (that it's a MAX9722 running off a standard lithium battery) then I wouldn't expect it to deliver much more than 60mW @32Ω. That's just fine for the Havi B3's though, I have one myself and it does an excellent job.

Nice, I've not seen that. Should definitely be enough with the x1 then :wink:

Jan 10, 2015 at 4:04 AM Post #638 of 1,184
Hello RedTwilight,

Do you still have a Fiio X1 ? If yes can you tell us how the B3P1 are with it against them with the X3. I already read your review and comparison of the X1 (vs X3) and I think SQ of the X1 is enough for me but I am wondering if the power is enough for the B3P1 or if they need more (hence the X3 or should I say X3 II).

Thank you very much.

PS : Also i don't have yet the B3P1 and was waiting for the B6, but if the bassy version comes out in February and we still don't have any date for the neutral version I might buy the B3P1 ... Nobody has any infos on the release of the neutral version of the B6 ? Thanks

Hey, I've already returned the X1 but considering the volume setting was about the same as the X3 (~11 o'clock) for my 35 Ohm M40x, it shouldn't have any.issue with the 32 Ohm B3P1.

Sorry, no hard data so only can give comparisons..

Jan 13, 2015 at 9:03 PM Post #643 of 1,184
Was listening to me B3Pro1 in bed last nite....dreamt me was listening to B6 with me soon to come DX90...haha...woke up smiling...muahahahahaha...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back