Havi B6 !
Dec 31, 2014 at 7:23 AM Post #587 of 1,184
And I just ordered the b3 pro 1. Should I cancel my order and preorder de vsonic? I can't seem to find any info on them.

Simply put there isn't any info on them yet. Given the track record of vsonic I doubt it will be bad but people pre-ordering now the early adopters. The Havi have a nice track record of positive feedback and some negative but the vsd5 people are going in blind.

I love my havi still after nearly a year and they are pretty unique themselves. The Havi may need some experimenting with tips and certainly aren't an overly bassy sound. Vsonic do tend to have some pretty good fitting iems along with more relative bass than the Havi. I don't know what your preferred sound is personally, if you will like the Havi or even if the vsd5 are good but for me I am looking forward to the vsd5 and I have a diverse collection of iems and love my Havi. If I were you I'd probably stick with the Havi unless you are worried about fit/bassy sound.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Dec 31, 2014 at 7:59 AM Post #588 of 1,184
Havi are certainly to keep.
And I just ordered the b3 pro 1. Should I cancel my order and preorder de vsonic? I can't seem to find any info on them.

I suggest not to cancel. Havi are unique and definitely are keepers.
Wait for reviews on VSD5.

Dec 31, 2014 at 8:14 AM Post #590 of 1,184
Simply put there isn't any info on them yet. Given the track record of vsonic I doubt it will be bad but people pre-ordering now the early adopters. The Havi have a nice track record of positive feedback and some negative but the vsd5 people are going in blind.

I love my havi still after nearly a year and they are pretty unique themselves. The Havi may need some experimenting with tips and certainly aren't an overly bassy sound. Vsonic do tend to have some pretty good fitting iems along with more relative bass than the Havi. I don't know what your preferred sound is personally, if you will like the Havi or even if the vsd5 are good but for me I am looking forward to the vsd5 and I have a diverse collection of iems and love my Havi. If I were you I'd probably stick with the Havi unless you are worried about fit/bassy sound.

Havi are certainly to keep.
I suggest not to cancel. Havi are unique and definitely are keepers.
Wait for reviews on VSD5.

Yeah, you guys are right. Right now i don't have a decent IEM so i was considering a decent one. Was in doubt about the B3 Pro 1, GR07 Classic and VSD3S but since im using a vintage Sennheiser HD560 Ovation II and love them (they are neutral and not very bass heavy) i guess Havi will be the way to go. My last IEM was a Sennheiser CX880 (that broke) so i guess Havi B3 will be the way to go. 
Considering i don't have a decent IEM for daily use it would be stupid to be an early adopter of the VSD5. Probably they will be very good but i don't want to be in that lottery. 
Thank you. Any recommendation of fit for these? Btw, i have a Biosciencegeek Cmoy 18v edition. Do you guys feel that Havi will pair well with this amp? How about the Havi with an iPod Video 5.5G? Do i still need to amp them with the iPod?

Dec 31, 2014 at 8:29 AM Post #591 of 1,184
Yeah, you guys are right. Right now i don't have a decent IEM so i was considering a decent one. Was in doubt about the B3 Pro 1, GR07 Classic and VSD3S but since im using a vintage Sennheiser HD560 Ovation II and love them (they are neutral and not very bass heavy) i guess Havi will be the way to go. My last IEM was a Sennheiser CX880 (that broke) so i guess Havi B3 will be the way to go. 
Considering i don't have a decent IEM for daily use it would be stupid to be an early adopter of the VSD5. Probably they will be very good but i don't want to be in that lottery. 
Thank you. Any recommendation of fit for these? Btw, i have a Biosciencegeek Cmoy 18v edition. Do you guys feel that Havi will pair well with this amp? How about the Havi with an iPod Video 5.5G? Do i still need to amp them with the iPod?

For the fit, the Havi changes sound with different tips. They come with a variety of tips so experiment with them all is my suggestion. Right now I am using some clear transparent tips on mine.

Never tried the amp myself but should be fine for the Havi. I think they can get loud enough without an amp on pretty much all my devices but I listen at relatively low volumes. I personally use mine out of my o2 at home and my fiio x5 out and about or at work but I'm even content listening on my phone with them personally. Haven't heard them from an ipod but your amp should drive them well if you want a bit more juice out of it lol.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Jan 1, 2015 at 9:45 AM Post #593 of 1,184
For the fit, the Havi changes sound with different tips. They come with a variety of tips so experiment with them all is my suggestion. Right now I am using some clear transparent tips on mine.

Never tried the amp myself but should be fine for the Havi. I think they can get loud enough without an amp on pretty much all my devices but I listen at relatively low volumes. I personally use mine out of my o2 at home and my fiio x5 out and about or at work but I'm even content listening on my phone with them personally. Haven't heard them from an ipod but your amp should drive them well if you want a bit more juice out of it lol.

But there is any good tips that everybody agrees that are good for the Havi B3? I have the Cmoy and have a Schiit Vali on the way. Anyone has ever tried the B3 on the Vali?
  The 5.5 vid alone can still get loud more than enough. But it will a bit laid back at mid, dont know why im using vid 5.5 with rockbox , no eq change.

So i guess it will be enough for on the go listening when i don't want to lug around the amp. 

Jan 1, 2015 at 9:54 AM Post #594 of 1,184

But there is any good tips that everybody agrees that are good for the Havi B3? I have the Cmoy and have a Schiit Vali on the way. Anyone has ever tried the B3 on the Vali?

So i guess it will be enough for on the go listening when i don't want to lug around the amp. 

I have seen most users recommending Sennheiser Double Flange tips that come with the B3s.
I've also tried numerous tips on my B3 but finally settled on the double flanges. It really adds sheen to that already amazing soundstage.

Jan 1, 2015 at 1:19 PM Post #596 of 1,184

But there is any good tips that everybody agrees that are good for the Havi B3?

Get the JVC spiral dots
wink.gif
 I have them in medium, and they are great! They very soft, they almost disappear in your ears! And the sound is also great; they boost the bas a tad and the soundstage is also enhanced a bit. 

Jan 1, 2015 at 1:51 PM Post #597 of 1,184
Get the JVC spiral dots :wink:  I have them in medium, and they are great! They very soft, they almost disappear in your ears! And the sound is also great; they boost the bas a tad and the soundstage is also enhanced a bit. 
Where did you get them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back