Havi B6 !
Dec 30, 2014 at 5:52 AM Post #556 of 1,184
I have been listening to my b3 pro1 for the first time this morning... These are truly amazing... This soundstage.. I thought only full-size cans were able to make such a soundstage. If they make the b6 even better, the performance is going to be ridiculously good!

The b3 is definitely a keeper! :D quote]

+1

For such a small price they produce a large soundstage. Enjoy :)

Dec 30, 2014 at 5:55 AM Post #557 of 1,184
  I have been listening to my b3 pro1 for the first time this morning... These are truly amazing... This soundstage.. I thought only full-size cans were able to make such a soundstage. If they make the b6 even better, the performance is going to be ridiculously good!

The b3 is definitely a keeper! 
biggrin.gif

Uhh I'm still wondering why don't I like my B3... I even purchased an amp to drive it and tiprolled to death : ( 

Dec 30, 2014 at 8:51 AM Post #559 of 1,184
Have you tried to do a sine wave sweep? You might have a faulty unit. Or maybe they are just not your cup of tea.   

Okay I'll try that too. I don't think mine is faulty unit, it's perfectly balanced. Lack of bass and some dryness kills it for me. Maybe you are right...

Dec 30, 2014 at 9:01 AM Post #560 of 1,184
Okay I'll try that too. I don't think mine is faulty unit, it's perfectly balanced. Lack of bass and some dryness kills it for me. Maybe you are right...

Do you have JVC spiral dot tips? IMO, when they have these tips on, they produce plenty of bass. Not enough for bass heads, but definitely a bit north of neutral. Dryness sound very strange though, to me they are not dry at all.      

EDIT: Dryness and lack of bass sounds like you don't have a proper seal!

Dec 30, 2014 at 9:22 AM Post #561 of 1,184
Do you have JVC spiral dot tips? IMO, when they have these tips on, they produce plenty of bass. Not enough for bass heads, but definitely a bit north of neutral. Dryness sound very strange though, to me they are not dry at all.      

EDIT: Dryness and lack of bass sounds like you don't have a proper seal!

I got it right finally! With bundled small double flange tips :)
Suddenly I'm loving it much more lol...

But for this I had to eq it a little as well. Also poweramp tone controls (those bass and treble knobs) add some color/wetness to the sound which I think, made worlds of diff for me.

Thanks for suggestions and recommendations :) I desperately want to try spiral dots but alas, too expensive..

Dec 30, 2014 at 9:37 AM Post #563 of 1,184
I got it right finally! With bundled small double flange tips :)
Suddenly I'm loving it much more lol...

But for this I had to eq it a little as well. Also poweramp tone controls (those bass and treble knobs) add some color/wetness to the sound which I think, made worlds of diff for me.

Thanks for suggestions and recommendations :) I desperately want to try spiral dots but alas, too expensive..

I had success with some Comply T400 tips, they maybe worth a consideration?

Dec 30, 2014 at 10:47 AM Post #564 of 1,184

I don't think any tips will solve that for you :wink:

These will never get bass head bass......

Dec 30, 2014 at 11:14 AM Post #565 of 1,184
I don't think any tips will solve that for you
wink.gif

I just got this app for my new macbook called boom 2.0 which is a system wide EQ. It automatically eqs the speakers and my god it actually makes the havi sound like a basshead iem. I am surprised that the Havi takes eqing so well. It used to distort when I used the eq on iTunes. It's fun to listen to for a bit but the extra bass gives me a headache. Guess the B3p1 cured me of my bassheaditis lol

Dec 30, 2014 at 11:32 AM Post #566 of 1,184
I just got this app for my new macbook called boom 2.0 which is a system wide EQ. It automatically eqs the speakers and my god it actually makes the havi sound like a basshead iem. I am surprised that the Havi takes eqing so well. It used to distort when I used the eq on iTunes. It's fun to listen to for a bit but the extra bass gives me a headache. Guess the B3p1 cured me of my bassheaditis lol

Thanks for sharing, I never use eq myself so the thought never crossed my mind. This might certainly be a good solution for people that doesn't mind using eq. I've tried the bassboost on some of my amps and noticed that they can taken it very well but like you I do also prefer them the way they are :)

Dec 30, 2014 at 12:22 PM Post #567 of 1,184
Thanks for sharing, I never use eq myself so the thought never crossed my mind. This might certainly be a good solution for people that doesn't mind using eq. I've tried the bassboost on some of my amps and noticed that they can taken it very well but like you I do also prefer them the way they are
smily_headphones1.gif

Yeah it makes it more "exciting" for a short time but I feel the music loses its character honestly. I love the B3P1's natural tuning and I wish I could get it in CIEM form haha. I am honestly just thinking of biting the bullet and getting custom tips so I get the perfect fit everytime. I know a lot of people won't agree but I feel the the B3P1's have the right amount of bass for all but the heaviest of edm tracks without eq. With EQ it can go head to head with many bass heavy headphones imo. :)

If Havi offered a CIEM solution I would get it in a heartbeat. Would it be possible to preserve the sound signature if we get the B3p1 reshelled?

Dec 30, 2014 at 1:04 PM Post #568 of 1,184
Thanks for sharing, I never use eq myself so the thought never crossed my mind. This might certainly be a good solution for people that doesn't mind using eq. I've tried the bassboost on some of my amps and noticed that they can taken it very well but like you I do also prefer them the way they are :)

I think the other way.... I'd rather use eq to slightly tube the sound to cover up given earphone weakness. I have eq for each of my pair configured in poweramp.

Some things to note here though... Preserving sound quality even after EQing is critical... For the bands should be moved as less as possible, also while using EQ the source's volume control must strictly be kept below 80%. This will prevent any kind of clipping.

I had success with some Comply T400 tips, they maybe worth a consideration?

I've tried the comply like memory foam tip that came with my Havi and haha... I like its fit and isolation but it gives me weird feeling inside my ear xD

I don't think any tips will solve that for you :wink:

Exactly... But I'd call myself affectionate to warm sound signature, not a basshead. Like I said minor eq adjust did the trick for me ^_^

Dec 30, 2014 at 1:54 PM Post #570 of 1,184
should have bought pro 2's more bass same soundstage,at least for me, i have both, but prefer pro 2

We must have different Pro2's, the soundstage on my pair are no way near that on the Pro1's and they doesn't really share much at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back