Havi B6 !
Dec 30, 2014 at 2:15 PM Post #571 of 1,184
We must have different Pro2's, the soundstage on my pair are no way near that on the Pro1's and they doesn't really share much at all.

I do feel that the soundstage is tip dependant to an extent. So if one is using a very narrow bore tip, that will definitely hamper the soundstage. Could explain the differences :)

Dec 30, 2014 at 2:23 PM Post #572 of 1,184
I do feel that the soundstage is tip dependant to an extent. So if one is using a very narrow bore tip, that will definitely hamper the soundstage. Could explain the differences :)

Fair enough and I can understand that some may prefer one over the other but to say that the Pro2 is the Pro1 with more bass simply isn't right.

Dec 30, 2014 at 2:30 PM Post #574 of 1,184
Could be, I haven't heard the two so I can't comment on that. But the B3 Pro 1 is special I can say that much :p Have always wondered how the pro 2 sounds.

I'm pretty sure you'd enjoy the IM70's more than the Pro2 :wink:

Dec 30, 2014 at 2:32 PM Post #575 of 1,184
We must have different Pro2's, the soundstage on my pair are no way near that on the Pro1's and they doesn't really share much at all.

I'm not sure the reason, but my Pro 2's sound really close to my AKG545 Sound sig which is a closed phone. I'm using the Comply T400 tips which give me a good seal.

Dec 30, 2014 at 2:41 PM Post #576 of 1,184
I'm not sure the reason, but my Pro 2's sound really close to my AKG545 Sound sig which is a closed phone. I'm using the Comply T400 tips which give me a good seal.

I don't doubt that. If I should pick one headphone closest to the Pro1 it would be the Q701's. Although I've never heard the K545 I'd imagine them being quite different from the Q's.

We all have different ears (thank God for that :wink:) so YMMV.

Dec 30, 2014 at 3:50 PM Post #577 of 1,184
I don't doubt that. If I should pick one headphone closest to the Pro1 it would be the Q701's. Although I've never heard the K545 I'd imagine them being quite different from the Q's.

We all have different ears (thank God for that
wink.gif
) so YMMV.

I agree with you on the pro 1's and Q701 (have those also for classical) the 545's are similar but have a warmer/deeper bass IMHO. I listen to a lot of Tangerine Dream ( the founding fathers of EDM so to speak ) with them. But you are right everyone hears a little differently and that's great. I don't argue that.

Dec 30, 2014 at 4:09 PM Post #578 of 1,184

We all have different ears (thank God for that
wink.gif
) so YMMV.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT????
And here I am going to get the Q701 soon..... One temptation after another....
B6 please huurry uuupp

Dec 30, 2014 at 4:30 PM Post #579 of 1,184
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT????
And here I am going to get the Q701 soon..... One temptation after another....
B6 please huurry uuupp

Poor you :wink:

They're not identical sounding though but as I said they're the closest one I've got.

I really enjoy the Q's a lot. Enough that I just ordered yet another amp (Matrix M-stage) just for them :wink:

Dec 30, 2014 at 5:31 PM Post #580 of 1,184
Poor you
wink.gif

They're not identical sounding though but as I said they're the closest one I've got.

I really enjoy the Q's a lot. Enough that I just ordered yet another amp (Matrix M-stage) just for them
wink.gif

You made a very good decision on buying Matrix M-stage. Enjoy! 
beerchug.gif

Dec 30, 2014 at 5:40 PM Post #581 of 1,184
You made a very good decision on buying Matrix M-stage. Enjoy! :beerchug:

Thanks, yes I hope it will be interesting. Ordered some extra op amps as well. Will probably be a while before it arrives though so maybe the B6 will be released by then so that we can talk about that :wink:

Dec 30, 2014 at 8:23 PM Post #582 of 1,184
Anyone paired the Pro1 with the Matrix Miniipro yet. I think minii will always bring the best neutral of everything. I used to pair it with MK7+ K701 but 32°C temp in our country force me to use Pro1 even at home, Minii boost overall of the Pro1, especially soundstage. I dont really know why its so unpopular.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back