Havi B6 !
Dec 26, 2014 at 6:32 AM Post #541 of 1,184
Thanks friends!

I think I am going to be away for some time... So wishing you a HAPPY NEW YEAR for all the Havi family :beerchug:

HAPPY NEW YEAR to you as well my friend :)

Dec 26, 2014 at 6:33 AM Post #542 of 1,184
  I live in such weather... 
Trick here is to keep one or two silica gel packs inside your earphone pouch... 

And your B3 is fine? And how old are your B3, if I may ask?

I have already collected some silica gel packs this christmas exactly for that purpose:

Do you heat them from time to time, so they regain their hygroscopy? And if so, how do you heat them?

Dec 26, 2014 at 6:39 AM Post #544 of 1,184

And your B3 is fine? And how old are your B3, if I may ask?

I have already collected some silica gel packs this christmas exactly for that purpose:

Do you heat them from time to time, so they regain their hygroscopy? And if so, how do you heat them?

Haha my B3s are pretty new, not even 2 weeks passed since I've received those. They are still in burn in process... but I use this for every earphone I have.

Oh they rejuvenate if you heat 'em up to 200 degree C but I find it difficult to heat to that level while not burning the paper packet. So I just keep some in stock, in air tight container and replace each 2-3 weeks. They are pretty cheap anyway.

Dec 26, 2014 at 6:52 AM Post #545 of 1,184
Ok Thanks!

Quote:
  Oh they rejuvenate if you heat 'em up to 200 degree C but I find it difficult to heat to that level while not burning the paper packet. 

Found this guide on ehow: http://www.ehow.com/how_5035187_recharge-silica-gel.html 

We should be able to heat them at 135 degrees C, but it will take more time. We could also remove them from the paper bag and then heat them at 200 degrees C, but then we need something to store the beads in. 

This is getting off topic, sorry!

Dec 26, 2014 at 11:25 AM Post #546 of 1,184
I guess I wasn't reading that carefully. For a minute I thought the topic was putting the Havis themselves in the oven.
tongue_smile.gif

Dec 26, 2014 at 12:19 PM Post #547 of 1,184
I guess I wasn't reading that carefully. For a minute I thought the topic was putting the Havis themselves in the oven. :tongue_smile:
lmao I dare you do that :wink:

Dec 26, 2014 at 11:00 PM Post #549 of 1,184
I guess I wasn't reading that carefully. For a minute I thought the topic was putting the Havis themselves in the oven. :tongue_smile:

That'd dry them up for sure. And you won't need to burn them in anymore.

Dec 26, 2014 at 11:19 PM Post #550 of 1,184
I'm listening to Greensleeves by Vince Guaraldi, Trio (FLAC) with my B3P1. It's outstanding. The imaging is crazy. The pianist is the back right quadrant of the stage. The bass player is on his left towards the front and the drummer is at the back left quadrant of the stage.

Dec 28, 2014 at 1:57 AM Post #551 of 1,184
I'm listening to Greensleeves by Vince Guaraldi, Trio (FLAC) with my B3P1. It's outstanding. The imaging is crazy. The pianist is the back right quadrant of the stage. The bass player is on his left towards the front and the drummer is at the back left quadrant of the stage.

I'm listening to tons of Citizen Cope(Clarence Greenwood) on the B3P1. Do y'all think that Penon might discount the B3 after the B6 comes out? I would pick another one up at around $40 to stash.

Dec 28, 2014 at 10:36 PM Post #552 of 1,184
after reading 4-5 pages back, I haven't seen any info about the B6. and I thought this thread was about the B6. Anyway, is the power output of dx90 on high gain enough to release the B3P1's full potential? I'm feeling that my B3P1 is lacking airiness in the lower mids and lows section. Thanks!

And I just posted about B3P1 in the B6 section myself.

Dec 29, 2014 at 11:11 AM Post #553 of 1,184
  after reading 4-5 pages back, I haven't seen any info about the B6. and I thought this thread was about the B6. Anyway, is the power output of dx90 on high gain enough to release the B3P1's full potential? I'm feeling that my B3P1 is lacking airiness in the lower mids and lows section. Thanks!

And I just posted about B3P1 in the B6 section myself.

Short answer: Yes.

Long answer:
The dX90 can produce a maximum of 2.02V @1% THD into 33Ω, the Havi B3 is 31Ω so we'll use this number as it's close enough.
The Havi B3 needs 0.105V to reach 90dB SPL (sound pressure level) according to the innerfidelity measurements, this translates into 90 + 20 * log(1 / 0.105) = 109.6dB @ 1V.
Therefore 2.02V will give you an SPL of: 109.6 + 20 * log(2.02) = 115.7dB.
A maximum peak volume of 115dB is very loud indeed and generally taken as the most you'll ever want even with highly dynamic music if you think it's a good idea to steer clear of pain and hearing loss.
The DX90 uses separate BUF634 output drivers which are generally well regarded.
These calculations do, however, depend on innerfidelity's measurements being correct.

Dec 30, 2014 at 4:54 AM Post #554 of 1,184
I have been listening to my b3 pro1 for the first time this morning... These are truly amazing... This soundstage.. I thought only full-size cans were able to make such a soundstage. If they make the b6 even better, the performance is going to be ridiculously good!

The b3 is definitely a keeper! 
biggrin.gif

Dec 30, 2014 at 5:51 AM Post #555 of 1,184
  I have been listening to my b3 pro1 for the first time this morning... These are truly amazing... This soundstage.. I thought only full-size cans were able to make such a soundstage. If they make the b6 even better, the performance is going to be ridiculously good!

The b3 is definitely a keeper! 
biggrin.gif

Year that explained why we, all  the H Y P E B O Y S gathering here losing mind about the B6. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back