Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0
Oct 12, 2015 at 6:33 AM Post #1,381 of 2,486
Breaking news guys!

A couple of days ago I received a new Havi B3Pro1 :

Not only is the package significantly upgraded from my old pair but so is the SOUND!

Upon first listening I was really surprised that they sounded fuller than I remembered. To confirm I brought out my two years old pair for comparison.

Comparing the two it was quite obvious that the new pair was indeed fuller sounding, I also noticed that it was slightly more easy to drive as well.

Being afraid of this being a unit variation I started digging a bit and I can now confirm that the current version is tuned to be slightly more full and also has 2dB higher sensitivity (not much so they still need a lot of power).

The difference in sound, although easily noticeable, is not huge. They just sound a bit fuller across the whole spectra. With my old pair I couldn't really enjoy electronic music or Lupe Fiasco. With the new tuning this music still sound very nice although they're certainly not been tuned in to basshead IEM's.

As far as I can tell the soundstage, realisme in voices and everything else that makes the B3Pro1 so great is still there just the way I love it, just ever so slightly fuller and even more enjoyable .

Perfect just got perfecterer
wink.gif

I do not know exactly when this was done but a qualified guess would be that the package on the picture above indicates the new version inside.

Please understand that I've shared all information I've been able to find on this matter so it will not be possible for me to give any more information without speculating.

If anyone has more questions about the sound I'll do my best to answer it.

You evil person!!! 
evil_smiley.gif

Where'd you buy them from?

Oct 12, 2015 at 7:00 AM Post #1,382 of 2,486
I barely used my havi after i got vc1000.I think about time i give them another shot.
Anyways i will be getting soundmagic hp200 so eager to compare the soundstage of the two.......

@peter123

Whats the major diff in old and newer havi??

My main problem was lack of coherence between mids,lows and highs.Plus bass was not punchy enough.

Oct 12, 2015 at 7:03 AM Post #1,383 of 2,486
Oct 12, 2015 at 7:20 AM Post #1,384 of 2,486
I barely used my havi after i got vc1000.I think about time i give them another shot.
Anyways i will be getting soundmagic hp200 so eager to compare the soundstage of the two.......

@peter123

Whats the major diff in old and newer havi??

My main problem was lack of coherence between mids,lows and highs.Plus bass was not punchy enough.

Bass is definitely more punchy on the new pair since it's fuller in its overall presentation.

I don't feel that my original pair lack any coherence so I can't say if it'll be better for you or not.

Oct 12, 2015 at 8:27 AM Post #1,385 of 2,486
Breaking news guys!

A couple of days ago I received a new Havi B3Pro1 :

Not only is the package significantly upgraded from my old pair but so is the SOUND!

Upon first listening I was really surprised that they sounded fuller than I remembered. To confirm I brought out my two years old pair for comparison.

Comparing the two it was quite obvious that the new pair was indeed fuller sounding, I also noticed that it was slightly more easy to drive as well.

Being afraid of this being a unit variation I started digging a bit and I can now confirm that the current version is tuned to be slightly more full and also has 2dB higher sensitivity (not much so they still need a lot of power).

The difference in sound, although easily noticeable, is not huge. They just sound a bit fuller across the whole spectra. With my old pair I couldn't really enjoy electronic music or Lupe Fiasco. With the new tuning this music still sound very nice although they're certainly not been tuned in to basshead IEM's.

As far as I can tell the soundstage, realisme in voices and everything else that makes the B3Pro1 so great is still there just the way I love it, just ever so slightly fuller and even more enjoyable .

Perfect just got perfecterer
wink.gif

I do not know exactly when this was done but a qualified guess would be that the package on the picture above indicates the new version inside.

Please understand that I've shared all information I've been able to find on this matter so it will not be possible for me to give any more information without speculating.

If anyone has more questions about the sound I'll do my best to answer it.

About a month ago I purchased another B3Pro1 to have for a spare.  I put it in my drawer still unopened.  Now I might have to put the 1st one in the drawer.  Nice surprise Peter!

Oct 12, 2015 at 8:54 AM Post #1,386 of 2,486
About a month ago I purchased another B3Pro1 to have for a spare.  I put it in my drawer still unopened.  Now I might have to put the 1st one in the drawer.  Nice surprise Peter!

Sounds good Charlie. Let us know how the new pair sound :)

Oct 12, 2015 at 12:01 PM Post #1,387 of 2,486
I don't think I'll be getting another pair, but it's good to know it's only getting better! I've seen sets before where it was packaged in foam cutouts instead of just a small plastic box, is this what I'm thinking of? You know, like the IEMs are surrounded by foam when you open up the box?

Oct 12, 2015 at 2:22 PM Post #1,388 of 2,486
I don't think I'll be getting another pair, but it's good to know it's only getting better! I've seen sets before where it was packaged in foam cutouts instead of just a small plastic box, is this what I'm thinking of? You know, like the IEMs are surrounded by foam when you open up the box?

Yes that's what these look like when the box is open.

I'll post some more pictures pn Wednesday when I'm back home.

Oct 12, 2015 at 2:42 PM Post #1,389 of 2,486
Yes that's what these look like when the box is open.

I'll post some more pictures pn Wednesday when I'm back home.

Looking forward to it! I'm almost certain I saw one of these with this packaging in the FS/FT forums a couple months back. Might have even put a post in here asking if anyone else had seen it.

EDIT: Yup, I did comment on it, near the bottom of page 71. Didn't put a link to that ad though, but I distinctly remember seeing it.

Oct 12, 2015 at 2:56 PM Post #1,394 of 2,486
You didn't happen to sneak in and snag Tamal's from Cdn. customs, did you:wink_face:

Lol, funny thing is that my pair did indeed spent two weeks in Canada on the way to me jus as Tamal said :wink:

Oct 12, 2015 at 6:13 PM Post #1,395 of 2,486

Funny enough am sure his made a stop in Canada, I think thats what might have happened :p  I feel bad for making you wait bro 
redface.gif

Edit: I also want to make a/b comparison with the unit I am sending you to see what all the fuss is about :p

No worries. Take all the time you need. If fact take both pairs, cover them with shells, get somebody to shuffle them round while your back is turned. Pick the one you want, then send me the other.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back