Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0
Oct 3, 2015 at 2:17 AM Post #1,367 of 2,486
  Ugh they are so dark, yet lack bass, and you can't put the volume too high or the 10kHz spike will eat your ears. Just odd sounding headphones, amped my 25 dollar she 3905 beat it.

Maybe I need to try new tips, what tips do you guys think work best? The default hybrid tips tend to stretch out the soundstage but dampen the treble so maybe that's my problem.

You 100% you got the Pro 1?

Oct 3, 2015 at 3:48 AM Post #1,368 of 2,486
Guys, although JVC spiral dots are one of the best eartips for B3P1, -IMO- KZ Whirlwind type eartips are on a similar or better level (I can say they bring almost the same sq, I have slightly better bass with KZ and slightly smoother highs with Spiral Dots). I can speak confidently because I own both and now prefer KZ eartips.

I also have to mention my friend Peter and thank him because he sent me a pair of JVC Spiral Dots months ago... While spirals are better choice compared to senn double flanges (my previous favorite eartips with B3P1), KZ became my all-time favorite. The other good reason to get KZ eartip is fitment. They stay better in the earcanal compared to spiral dots. The wings under the mushroom part supports the mushroom (or cap of the eartip) and acts like a suspension while you push it inside the earcanal -thus- it seals great.

And last but not least; 3 pairs of JVC spiral dots are around 15USD while KZ whirlwind type eartips (3pairs) are only 1.5USD from Aliexpress.

I'd suggest you to try every eartip in your collection because of different earcanal shapes and the sound you wanted to reach...

These experiences are from Baycode's earcanals :) YMMW.

But for 1.5USD, I strongly suggest you to try the KZ whirlwind type eartips...

I bought 2 sets from this seller. They are genuine KZ:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/KZ-3-Pairs-L-M-S-In-Ear-Tips-Earbuds-Headphones-Eartips/32333783387.html

PS: You can find these eartips as low as 0.97USD in Aliexpress but I have no experince with those sellers.

Oct 3, 2015 at 4:27 AM Post #1,369 of 2,486

Guys, although JVC spiral dots are one of the best eartips for B3P1, -IMO- KZ Whirlwind type eartips are on a similar or better level (I can say they bring almost the same sq, I have slightly better bass with KZ and slightly smoother highs with Spiral Dots). I can speak confidently because I own both and now prefer KZ eartips.

I also have to mention my friend Peter and thank him because he sent me a pair of JVC Spiral Dots months ago... While spirals are better choice compared to senn double flanges (my previous favorite eartips with B3P1), KZ became my all-time favorite. The other good reason to get KZ eartip is fitment. They stay better in the earcanal compared to spiral dots. The wings under the mushroom part supports the mushroom (or cap of the eartip) and acts like a suspension while you push it inside the earcanal -thus- it seals great.

And last but not least; 3 pairs of JVC spiral dots are around 15USD while KZ whirlwind type eartips (3pairs) are only 1.5USD from Aliexpress.

I'd suggest you to try every eartip in your collection because of different earcanal shapes and the sound you wanted to reach...

These experiences are from Baycode's earcanals
smily_headphones1.gif
YMMW.

But for 1.5USD, I strongly suggest you to try the KZ whirlwind type eartips...

I bought 2 sets from this seller. They are genuine KZ:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/KZ-3-Pairs-L-M-S-In-Ear-Tips-Earbuds-Headphones-Eartips/32333783387.html

PS: You can find these eartips as low as 0.97USD in Aliexpress but I have no experince with those sellers.

How wide is the bore on these?

PS. just ordered a set. Probably wont get em for like 2 months lol.

Oct 3, 2015 at 4:52 AM Post #1,370 of 2,486
DJScope , if you ordered from the seller that I suggest it usually arrives within 30 days. But dont expect a real track number :wink:

Bore is as wide as a senn double flange and spiral dots. Also fitment of the eartip is excellent to the B3P1 nozzle because of the shape and the different material that is used for the blue part.

Forgot to mention: Soundstage is also excellent with these eartips. IMO, no brainier and worth to try at the price.

Oct 3, 2015 at 5:02 AM Post #1,371 of 2,486
@DJScope , if you ordered from the seller that I suggest it usually arrives within 30 days. But dont expect a real track number
wink.gif

Bore is as wide as a senn double flange and spiral dots. Also fitment of the eartip is excellent to the B3P1 nozzle because of the shape and the different material that is used for the blue part.

Forgot to mention: Soundstage is also excellent with these eartips. IMO, no brainier and worth to try at the price.

Yeah, I got em from the seller you posted. Ive bought from AliExpress before, so I know what to expect in terms of service. 
wink.gif

Can you post a picture of the bore on the front for the small and medium tips?

Oct 3, 2015 at 6:40 AM Post #1,372 of 2,486
Yeah, I got em from the seller you posted. Ive bought from AliExpress before, so I know what to expect in terms of service. :wink:

Can you post a picture of the bore on the front for the small and medium tips?

Impossible to post right now because I only have mediums attached with my B3P1 and I am on a trip. Can post in tuesday.

Oct 3, 2015 at 8:29 AM Post #1,374 of 2,486
No worries mate!

Ask and you shall receive :wink:

The small ones are really small. Although I usually use small size tips I haven't found any use for these in size small. The medium fits me great and I agree with Baybars that they're excellent with the B3's.

Edit: Not exactly @Baycode quality picture but I hope you can still see what you need :wink:

Oct 3, 2015 at 8:54 AM Post #1,375 of 2,486
Ask and you shall receive
wink.gif

The small ones are really small. Although I usually use small size tips I haven't found any use for these in size small. The medium fits me great and I agree with Baybars that they're excellent with the B3's.

Edit: Not exactly @Baycode quality picture but I hope you can still see what you need
wink.gif

Great! Thanks man!

Looks like they're the same size bore as the Fidue dual flange which I currently use with my B3P1. Going to be pretty interesting. I dislike the narrow bore tips because they accentuate and bloat the bass and dampen the highs.

Oct 3, 2015 at 10:00 AM Post #1,376 of 2,486
Great! Thanks man!

Looks like they're the same size bore as the Fidue dual flange which I currently use with my B3P1. Going to be pretty interesting. I dislike the narrow bore tips because they accentuate and bloat the bass and dampen the highs.

Hey, no worries :)

I agree on what you say about narrow bore tips with the B3's.

Oct 4, 2015 at 6:27 AM Post #1,377 of 2,486
Thats not true. Amplifier not only increases the volume, but also gives more power to the diaphragm so they perform better (for the B3 Pro 1 Specifically). I can get volume with my cellphone with Havi. After adding amp. not only does volume increase, but so does the soundstage, dynamics better instrument separation.

Havi sounds noticeably better amped vs unamped. And not any old amp would do. You need a good powerful with a very clean signal. There is good synergy with the Havi B3 Pro 1 and the VE RunABOUT. Sounds better than out of the FiiO E17 for example. 

So it would be wrong to just say it only amplifies the signal.

@nhat134
  Whats ur budget? I can most certainly say the amp in the X3-II is not enough for the havi. You need a good dedicated amplifier. 

Even the more powerful one in the X3C isn't nearly enough. My guys had a shock this one time we were trying to run the Havi out of the Hugo and the volume went up to blue before it sounded ok lol..

I always thought that a pair of headphone will sound good when they have enough juice. Hmm, still lots of things to learn and lots of money to spend for an amateur :)

Oct 4, 2015 at 11:24 AM Post #1,378 of 2,486
Ask and you shall receive
wink.gif

Edit: Not exactly @Baycode quality picture but I hope you can still see what you need
wink.gif

Hey, those are the ones that came with the TTPOD. They were pretty bad on the TTPOD because they compress the soundstage, but the Havi could use some compression if it brightens it up a bit.

Though I am returning these, the sound signature is simply not what I am looking for, as it is mostly just mids and 10kHz, with everything else recessed. It has a similar sound signature to the ATH-A900x, although everything sounds universally tinnier. Basically when my 25 dollar SHE3905 can be seen as a sidegrade to the Havi B3 and overall has better presentation, the B3 has no place in my collection. Maybe the GR07 mk2 will be what I am looking for, though I am worried about its lack of isolation as I use these on a commute.

Oct 4, 2015 at 11:28 AM Post #1,379 of 2,486
Hey, those are the ones that came with the TTPOD. They were pretty bad on the TTPOD because they compress the soundstage, but the Havi could use some compression if it brightens it up a bit.

Though I am returning these, the sound signature is simply not what I am looking for, as it is mostly just mids and 10kHz, with everything else recessed. It has a similar sound signature to the ATH-A900x, although everything sounds universally tinnier. Basically when my 25 dollar SHE3905 can be seen as a sidegrade to the Havi B3 and overall has better presentation, the B3 has no place in my collection. Maybe the GR07 mk2 will be what I am looking for, though I am worried about its lack of isolation as I use these on a commute.

Yes that's where my pair origins from.

I prefer the B3P1 even over the Gr07be so each to his/her own.

Oct 12, 2015 at 4:16 AM Post #1,380 of 2,486
Breaking news guys!

A couple of days ago I received a new Havi B3Pro1 :

Not only is the package significantly upgraded from my old pair but so is the SOUND!

Upon first listening I was really surprised that they sounded fuller than I remembered. To confirm I brought out my two years old pair for comparison.

Comparing the two it was quite obvious that the new pair was indeed fuller sounding, I also noticed that it was slightly more easy to drive as well.

Being afraid of this being a unit variation I started digging a bit and I can now confirm that the current version is tuned to be slightly more full and also has 2dB higher sensitivity (not much so they still need a lot of power).

The difference in sound, although easily noticeable, is not huge. They just sound a bit fuller across the whole spectra. With my old pair I couldn't really enjoy electronic music or Lupe Fiasco. With the new tuning this music still sound very nice although they're certainly not been tuned in to basshead IEM's.

As far as I can tell the soundstage, realisme in voices and everything else that makes the B3Pro1 so great is still there just the way I love it, just ever so slightly fuller and even more enjoyable .

Perfect just got perfecterer :wink:

I do not know exactly when this was done but a qualified guess would be that the package on the picture above indicates the new version inside.

Please understand that I've shared all information I've been able to find on this matter so it will not be possible for me to give any more information without speculating.

If anyone has more questions about the sound I'll do my best to answer it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back