Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0
Jun 13, 2015 at 12:23 PM Post #1,051 of 2,486

I owned the Havi B6 B3 for a long time before I got my first amp and I still enjoyed it but ymmv. What type of music do you listen to? That might help narrow down choices, and whats ur budget? Do you like cable up or cable down?

I listen to a variety of music from acoustic folk, piano and vocals to punk. I really like vocals and guitar details and clarity. I don't have a preference for the cable but comfort it's important and isolation needs to be high and medium because i will use these on long flights so good isolation but also to cycle when I don't want complete isolation.

Jun 13, 2015 at 12:24 PM Post #1,052 of 2,486
  funny, fixed the post now :p

smile.gif
for a moment I was shocked like how come I miss the B6 (release) and oh! you received a proto pair?......

Jun 13, 2015 at 12:35 PM Post #1,054 of 2,486

I listen to a variety of music from acoustic folk, piano and vocals to punk. I really like vocals and guitar details and clarity. I don't have a preference for the cable but comfort it's important and isolation needs to be high and medium because i will use these on long flights so good isolation but also to cycle when I don't want complete isolation.

Without going into the isolation bit Havi will fit ur needs very nicely. They isolate well enough but I have never used them on a flight so I don't know how well they isolate in that regard.

There are some news iem on the market that are similar with a neutral tuning but I haven't personally listened to them.

Macaw GTS100 http://www.head-fi.org/products/macaw-gt100s-hifi-with-mic-in-ear-earphone-silver/reviews/13359
SoundMagic E80 http://www.head-fi.org/products/soundmagic-e80-in-ear-monitor-headphone/reviews/13331
Fidue A73 http://www.head-fi.org/products/fidue-a73-hybrid-monitor-earphones-with-universal-single-button-remote-and-microphone/reviews/13260

Jun 13, 2015 at 3:02 PM Post #1,055 of 2,486

Without going into the isolation bit Havi will fit ur needs very nicely. They isolate well enough but I have never used them on a flight so I don't know how well they isolate in that regard.

There are some news iem on the market that are similar with a neutral tuning but I haven't personally listened to them.

Macaw GTS100 http://www.head-fi.org/products/macaw-gt100s-hifi-with-mic-in-ear-earphone-silver/reviews/13359
SoundMagic E80 http://www.head-fi.org/products/soundmagic-e80-in-ear-monitor-headphone/reviews/13331
Fidue A73 http://www.head-fi.org/products/fidue-a73-hybrid-monitor-earphones-with-universal-single-button-remote-and-microphone/reviews/13260

Was a little interested in the A73 since I've got its big brother the A83, might try them out in the future, dunno. But as for the isolation, the Havi has worked well enough for me on the bus so I figure it should be fine for flights.

Jun 13, 2015 at 6:31 PM Post #1,057 of 2,486
Good news everyone! After many weeks of waiting and arguing, the shop agreed to give me another pair of Havi's or give me back my money. But they said if I get another pair of Havi or any else chinese brand the warranty will not be applied to the cable. So I took my money and now deciding what to buy. The problem is I live in place where all shops are not easy to deal with when you have an issue while on the warranty.

I have listened to some other popular IEMs(and comparing them with Havis) such as Brainwavz R1(V-shaped too much), Brainwavz M3(too flat mid-highs), MEElectronics M-Duo(V-shaped too much), MEElectronics A151P G2(less bass, sub-bass and low-mids, less soundstage), Ostry KC06(they are nice but has less mids and soundstage than Havi), HiFiman RE-400(less sub-bass and low-mids, less airy) and T-Peos Opera(more detailed in acoustics genres, but too sibilant in rock/metal).

And I must say - Havi B3 Pro 1 is the best of them all for me when it comes for sound and fit. T-Peos Opera is better in some genres of music, but Havi is just good in much more quantity of genres if you have a good source. But the cable is terrible. The first day I saw it I thought "I should use it very careful" and I was right about that.

So maybe you can give me an advice what IEMs to choose to replace the HAVIs? If I don't find any I will buy Havi again and make some cable-mod or something like that to prevent it from braking.

Jun 13, 2015 at 6:37 PM Post #1,058 of 2,486
  Good news everyone! After many weeks of waiting and arguing, the shop agreed to give me another pair of Havi's or give me back my money. But they said if I get another pair of Havi or any else chinese brand the warranty will not be applied to the cable. So I took my money and now deciding what to buy. The problem is I live in place where all shops are not easy to deal with when you have an issue while on the warranty.

I have listened to some other popular IEMs such as Brainwavz R1(V-shaped too much), Brainwavz M3(too flat mid-highs), MEElectronics M-Duo(V-shaped too much), MEElectronics A151P G2(less bass and sub-bass, less soundstage), HiFiman RE-400(less sub-bass, less airy) and T-Peos Opera(more detailed in acoustics genres, but too sibilant in rock/metal).

And I must say - Havi B3 Pro 1 is the best of them all for me when it comes for sound and fit. T-Peos Opera is better in some genres of music, but Havi is just good in much more quantity of genres if you have a good source. But the cable is terrible. The first day I saw it I thought "I should use it very careful" and I was right about that.

So maybe you can give me an advice what IEMs to choose to replace the HAVIs? If I don't find any I will buy Havi again and make some cable-mod or something like that to prevent it from braking.

This price range is kinda hard to find something in the range of the B3, at least that I've heard (since I haven't heard that much stuff). Where are you? It might be better off to buy the B3 again from someone like Penon Audio. I've had very good interactions with Penon Audio, they do their best to help you out in my experience.

Jun 13, 2015 at 9:50 PM Post #1,060 of 2,486
If u don't like to gamble on the havi b3 anymore , save up to do the dunu titan 1 or fidue 73

+1. Also a very good suggestion. That is if you can wait for just a little longer and save up. I've heard great things about the Dunu Titan 1 and I'm very confident about the Fidue A73. I've got its bigger brother the A83 and it's a very good IEM, so I suspect the same from the A73. Or save up a bit and choose between the GR07 and the Dunu Titan 1, as the A73 is a little more expensive than those two.

Jun 14, 2015 at 4:07 AM Post #1,061 of 2,486
Or the CKR9's, they're one of very few IEM's that I've heard that can compete with the B3's on vocal reproduction.

I'd say they're more similar to the B3's than the Titans but with a bit smaller soundstage widthand more bass (but extremely good bass quality ). Haven't heard the A73's though :wink:

Edit: the new Soundmagic E80 look as if it could be worth checking out as well.

Jun 14, 2015 at 1:52 PM Post #1,062 of 2,486
ok I have narrowed it down to the soundmagic E80, the M9 (or M9p), the havi b3. It seems the E80 and the havi b3 include foam tips, although the soundmagic website specifies that they are Comply I don't know about the b3. Also I don't know if the M9 has foam tips included. Feedbacks on these?

Can someone comment on the foam tips included with the B3? are they Comply?

Jun 14, 2015 at 2:14 PM Post #1,063 of 2,486
  ok I have narrowed it down to the soundmagic E80, the M9 (or M9p), the havi b3. It seems the E80 and the havi b3 include foam tips, although the soundmagic website specifies that they are Comply I don't know about the b3. Also I don't know if the M9 has foam tips included. Feedbacks on these?

Can someone comment on the foam tips included with the B3? are they Comply?

I didn't receive comply tips with mine. I think they were generic ones. I am not sure if they might have changed it recently but to the best of my knowledge they don't include comply tips. And also fyi foam tips have an impact on sounds. Specifically reducing treble energy and making bass more prominent, if not boomy. The Havi imo sounds worse with foam tips, it needs a wide bore tip to shine but the stock tips are fantastic as well. I don't have the other models so I can't speak for that.

If you do get the havi get your self a pair of the following:
- Sony isolation hybrid tips
- JVC Spiral Dots
- Spint Fit tips

And you're set with the Havi until you get an amp, or if you get an amp. They are enjoyable without and amp as well. A lot of the times I just run it out of my macbook because I am too lazy to keep having to use my Fiio E17.

Jun 14, 2015 at 3:41 PM Post #1,064 of 2,486

I didn't receive comply tips with mine. I think they were generic ones. I am not sure if they might have changed it recently but to the best of my knowledge they don't include comply tips. And also fyi foam tips have an impact on sounds. Specifically reducing treble energy and making bass more prominent, if not boomy. The Havi imo sounds worse with foam tips, it needs a wide bore tip to shine but the stock tips are fantastic as well. I don't have the other models so I can't speak for that.

If you do get the havi get your self a pair of the following:
- Sony isolation hybrid tips
- JVC Spiral Dots
- Spint Fit tips

And you're set with the Havi until you get an amp, or if you get an amp. They are enjoyable without and amp as well. A lot of the times I just run it out of my macbook because I am too lazy to keep having to use my Fiio E17.

My set of B3s came with just a single set of generic foams. I don't use them anyway since I don't like foams, but to each their own. Like you said though, they might have changed the accessories pack. I feel like they might have, I saw a pair of B3s in the FS/FT forum at one point and the box was larger with the IEMs set in foam packaging like many of VSonic's offerings. Dunno if that just varied by seller or what.
Also, ditto on that buddy
beerchug.gif
. I started getting too lazy to hook in my Fiio E6 when walking around so I just run my stuff straight out of the iPod Touch now haha. Luckily, for the most part the side effect is simply having to drain the battery a little faster if I'm running something that needs more juice like the B3.

Jun 14, 2015 at 4:33 PM Post #1,065 of 2,486
Ok thanx guys, I will get more info about E80, I had E30 some time ago and was happy with them. And will take a listen to Dunu, GR07 and some gybrid T-Peos. Unfortunately A73 are too expensive($150), maybe later.

BTW I've never had an on-ear headphones and I wonder if they are good for me. What models the Havi B3P1 owners could advice me to try between up to $80 if I really like the sound-stage, overall non-V-shaped, smooth and deep sound signature and 3D-sound of Havi?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back