Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0
Jun 11, 2015 at 1:42 AM Post #1,021 of 2,486
Still happy with my B3, but I've been wondering, is there anything in the price range with an even wider, roomier 3d soundstage? (The Havi are already quite good at that, but still far from full sized open headphones)

Imo the inexpensive Brainwavz R1 fulfills this criteria with a huge width and depth.
The downsides of it are that the resolution is clearly below the Havi's, instrument separation ist not as good as the Havi's, the Brainwavz has got a different tonality (V-shaped with loads of sub-bass) and the bass is kind of bloated. But in terms of soundstage size (depth and width) and soundstage authenticity it is awesome.

Jun 11, 2015 at 6:00 AM Post #1,022 of 2,486
Hello everyone! I was the happy owner of Havi B3 Pro 1 until one day the right ear started to die. Some time it played, some time not, so it's a problem with the cable near the jack.

The good news - they were bought only 3 months ago, so have to be under the warranty. Small remark: the condition of the earphones is "like new" - there are no physical damage and even scratches.

Now the bad news - I bought it in the local store and they say the cable is not under the warranty(WAT?) and they can only repair it by replacing the jack with some other no-name jack.

So I hope to get some help on this forum. Is the warranty includes the cable issues?

Jun 11, 2015 at 8:21 AM Post #1,023 of 2,486
Jeez, fractalawarenes; that really sucks. I wish I knew what to tell you to do, because I have no idea about stuff like that. I'm always very nervous about my cables taking damage because I don't have the skills to repair or replace them and I'm not sure anyone I know does, either. I hope someone here has a valid answer for you. All I can offer is empathy.

Sorry the store is pulling such a dick move.

Jun 11, 2015 at 9:03 AM Post #1,024 of 2,486
  Hello everyone! I was the happy owner of Havi B3 Pro 1 until one day the right ear started to die. Some time it played, some time not, so it's a problem with the cable near the jack.

The good news - they were bought only 3 months ago, so have to be under the warranty. Small remark: the condition of the earphones is "like new" - there are no physical damage and even scratches.

Now the bad news - I bought it in the local store and they say the cable is not under the warranty(WAT?) and they can only repair it by replacing the jack with some other no-name jack.

So I hope to get some help on this forum. Is the warranty includes the cable issues?

That could be the case if the cable was removable, but as it is not then the warranty should apply to the whole headphone. I think the store is just trying to get out of giving you a replacement unit.

Jun 11, 2015 at 2:27 PM Post #1,025 of 2,486

That could be the case if the cable was removable, but as it is not then the warranty should apply to the whole headphone. I think the store is just trying to get out of giving you a replacement unit.

Totally agreed with this and @Djinnenjous. The store's pulling a completely dick move. It's like buying a monitor and finding 3 of the buttons on it don't work and they tell you that the buttons aren't under warranty, just the screen. That's just absolutely stupid and anyone would agree that it's an absurd way to implement a warranty.

Jun 11, 2015 at 2:42 PM Post #1,026 of 2,486
It's an even more absurd way of nullifying a warranty.

Jun 11, 2015 at 6:24 PM Post #1,027 of 2,486
Anyone can give some guidance on the right spiral dots size for the Havi? (for the nozzle diameter that is)

Jun 11, 2015 at 10:39 PM Post #1,028 of 2,486
Anyone can give some guidance on the right spiral dots size for the Havi? (for the nozzle diameter that is)

My M sized Spiral dots fit nicely and easily.

Jun 11, 2015 at 11:20 PM Post #1,029 of 2,486

All the spiral dots have the same diameter, it is the outer silicon dome thats different size, and is dependant on your ear size :)

On a related note, I have been using the isolation sony hybrid tips with the foam and I wanted to update my earlier impression. They really bring out the sub bass. Some of the best and clean bass I have heard and you can heard the individual notes when it rumbles. The soundstage might not be as solid or big as spiral dots, but they are better for other uses.

So imo Havi owners need to have the Spin fit, Spiral dots, and Sony hybrid tips (the isolation ones with foam) for a complete arsenal. I know that some people think that tips don't make much of a difference, but in my experience the havi is very very tip dependent and I love being able to switch out and use different tips for different moods or songs :)  I should do like a review one of these days on the havi as they are getting 95 percent of my listening time the last few weeks lol :p

Edit:

I wanted to update an earlier post about different tips as I have been using the sony tips more and so I can provide updated impressions

1. Sennheiser Double flange - Widest soundstage, some loss of detail and bass, thinner midrange
  2. Stock - a bit smaller stage, more solid midrange and warmer sound with a bit more bass as it seals better
  3. Sony Hybrid with foam (isolation tips) - Not sure what to make of it, amazing seal but bass can be hit or miss, have to play around more with the smaller and bigger sizes to see what happens These tips provide a mellow and warm sound compared to the other tips. Although the B3s are weak in sub bass area, with these tips its easier to hear them and the bass is very clean, tight and punchy. One of my two favourite tips to use for top 40 music, along with my custom tips. The soundstage is still great but more intimate than the other tips but the sound cues and instrument placement is still accurate to my ears, just not as far out distance wise. 
  4. Spint fit - lots of details and great soundstage and plenty of details
  5. Custom Silicon tips - holy **** lol. Most bass compared to all other tips, LOTS of detail, approaching analytical signature, a bit intense actually and the most complete soundstage. No weakness in the soundstage, very good height width and depth. Its surprisingly good for metal and dance music as the panning effects and subtle things are much easier to appreciate. Case in point, the new Girls Generation Single "Catch me if you can" (don't judge me haha) has so many things going on in the background that I never noticed. Lots of vocal layering in different directions and tons of cool panning effects of varying loudness. 

Jun 11, 2015 at 11:58 PM Post #1,032 of 2,486

Yeah yeah I know I am kind of a havi fanboy and I keep going on about them, but they really are something unique :p

I will get around to it one of these days. Labor of love and all that stuff haha

Frankly, you'd probably be able to simply find the posts in here where you've described it, copy/paste, and the review would probably be ready to go lol. You've had plenty of write-ups in here that would be right at home in a review. I'm just surprised you still don't have a review of anything posted somewhere on Head-Fi reviews, you seem to know your stuff. By contrast, I've got no idea what I'm doing
tongue.gif
, though I still put up a couple random reviews anyway. I think I might write up a few more this summer. Several things in my possession right now that could do with a review. Actually, pretty much everything haha. Of all the stuff in my current possession listed in my profile, I've reviewed literally none of them, even stuff I've had for a while like the Havi B3 and Sennheiser HD600. Maybe I'll get around to it at some point haha.

Jun 12, 2015 at 12:00 AM Post #1,033 of 2,486
I haven't either, and I've been asked to by community members.

Jun 12, 2015 at 12:30 AM Post #1,035 of 2,486
It's really hard to feel like I have anything truly meaningful to add, though. I'm very much a follower here; I buy things I read about in other people's reviews—and usually after they've gained a fair amount of popularity. Most of the headphones, DAPs, and amps that I own have had so much coverage here from far more experienced reviewers that my input will just be redundant. Someone like me does not rate alongside the likes of Baycode, Brooko, |joker|, and many others whose names I have yet to memorize.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back