Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0
Jun 14, 2015 at 8:56 PM Post #1,066 of 2,486
Ok thanx guys, I will get more info about E80, I had E30 some time ago and was happy with them. And will take a listen to Dunu, GR07 and some gybrid T-Peos. Unfortunately A73 are too expensive($150), maybe later.

BTW I've never had an on-ear headphones and I wonder if they are good for me. What models the Havi B3P1 owners could advice me to try between up to $80 if I really like the sound-stage, overall non-V-shaped, smooth and deep sound signature and 3D-sound of Havi?

Pretty much for just below $80, you only have the Havi. Those are it's strongest points. The VSD3S has a big soundstage but more V-shaped and less 3D. Haven't heard the other budget king brands enough to do a comparison. Perhaps if you go a little higher you have the Trinity Delta? https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/157887895/trinity-audio-engineering-audiophile-grade-in-ear?ref=nav_search

Jun 14, 2015 at 10:16 PM Post #1,067 of 2,486
  ok I have narrowed it down to the soundmagic E80, the M9 (or M9p), the havi b3. It seems the E80 and the havi b3 include foam tips, although the soundmagic website specifies that they are Comply I don't know about the b3. Also I don't know if the M9 has foam tips included. Feedbacks on these?

Can someone comment on the foam tips included with the B3? are they Comply?

No, M9 series (older/gen1-silver/blk- M9,M9P, gen2 M9 and M9 classic) doesn't come with foam tips......

And, if the brand tagged the "comply tips included" along with their IEMs (like brainwavz supply original comply packed with S1,S5,R3 etc or the loose, -black ones- with Beta models) it is a Comply, otherwise it's some sort of generic ones, if not mentioned by the IEM mfr.....

Jun 14, 2015 at 10:47 PM Post #1,068 of 2,486
Like StanD's signature: someone uses music to listen to headphones; I use headphones to listen to music.
smily_headphones1.gif

If you can buy from Chinese Taobao, try this:
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.1.04xYH2&id=45072459152&ns=1&abbucket=14#detail

It's not fake IE800. It's a totally different earphones. It's much better than KE ATE, better than my cx 980, though cannot reach the level of IE800, but definitely comparable.

Jun 15, 2015 at 12:14 AM Post #1,069 of 2,486
Ok thanx guys, I will get more info about E80, I had E30 some time ago and was happy with them. And will take a listen to Dunu, GR07 and some gybrid T-Peos. Unfortunately A73 are too expensive($150), maybe later.

BTW I've never had an on-ear headphones and I wonder if they are good for me. What models the Havi B3P1 owners could advice me to try between up to $80 if I really like the sound-stage, overall non-V-shaped, smooth and deep sound signature and 3D-sound of Havi?

As far as the on-ears go, do you have glasses? Cuz I don't really like on-ears to begin with in terms of comfort, and it just gets worse for me since I have glasses.

Like StanD's signature: someone uses music to listen to headphones; I use headphones to listen to music.
smily_headphones1.gif

If you can buy from Chinese Taobao, try this:
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.1.04xYH2&id=45072459152&ns=1&abbucket=14#detail

It's not fake IE800. It's a totally different earphones. It's much better than KE ATE, better than my cx 980, though cannot reach the level of IE800, but definitely comparable.

I usually hate sounding like a total skeptic, but I HIGHLY doubt an IEM that costs $10 USD will be remotely comparable to an IE800, an IEM generally considered to be one of the best dynamic-driver IEMs to date. Great performance value considering the cost I can believe, but I'm extremely doubtful that it's comparable to an IE800; you might be overselling with that claim, no offense.

Jun 15, 2015 at 3:06 AM Post #1,070 of 2,486

As far as the on-ears go, do you have glasses? Cuz I don't really like on-ears to begin with in terms of comfort, and it just gets worse for me since I have glasses.

I usually hate sounding like a total skeptic, but I HIGHLY doubt an IEM that costs $10 USD will be remotely comparable to an IE800, an IEM generally considered to be one of the best dynamic-driver IEMs to date. Great performance value considering the cost I can believe, but I'm extremely doubtful that it's comparable to an IE800; you might be overselling with that claim, no offense.

No problem. First impression. Not AB carefully. But they do use the same cavity, which is a major renovation for IE800.

Jun 15, 2015 at 3:25 AM Post #1,071 of 2,486

No problem. First impression. Not AB carefully. But they do use the same cavity, which is a major renovation for IE800.

Indeed it was. The shell shape is quite unique. They use the same cavity? Like, I can see the exterior is the same shape, but I wonder who was able to verify that they have the same internal cavity. Even with that though, it then comes down to the driver tuning team. You gotta give it to Sennheiser though, they really know their stuff when it comes to dynamic drivers, both in their IEMs and their full-size headphones.

Havi has done quite a job in their own right with dynamic drivers. I wonder how their single dynamic B6 will be and how the dual dynamic version will shape up.

Jun 15, 2015 at 3:40 AM Post #1,072 of 2,486

Indeed it was. The shell shape is quite unique. They use the same cavity? Like, I can see the exterior is the same shape, but I wonder who was able to verify that they have the same internal cavity. Even with that though, it then comes down to the driver tuning team. You gotta give it to Sennheiser though, they really know their stuff when it comes to dynamic drivers, both in their IEMs and their full-size headphones.

Havi has done quite a job in their own right with dynamic drivers. I wonder how their single dynamic B6 will be and how the dual dynamic version will shape up.

The website claims the cavity is from Japan and the driver is from German, which is Biocellulose Drivers (as gr07?). The cavity is also ceramic, which is about 30% larger than 800. My initial impression is it's very detailed, balanced. Soundstage is not as huge as 800, but still great.

Jun 15, 2015 at 3:48 AM Post #1,073 of 2,486
  The website claims the cavity is from Japan and the driver is from German, which is Biocellulose Drivers (as gr07?). The cavity is also ceramic, which is about 30% larger than 800. My initial impression is it's very detailed, balanced. Soundstage is not as huge as 800, but still great.

How do these compare to the B3s? It's a curious comparison as the B3 is like 5x the price.

Jun 15, 2015 at 8:04 AM Post #1,077 of 2,486

They can usually post whatever the heck they want in descriptions. Its not unheard of lots of DIYers on Aliexpress using the IE800 shell with their own drivers. Its relatively easy to get counterfeit or OEM shells in China. 

Jun 15, 2015 at 8:05 AM Post #1,078 of 2,486
  I have no glasses, so it should be interesting if there are any not-too-huge on-ear headphones that have a similar sound signature as B3P1 iem.

On ear right? thinksound on1 is said to be quite neutral in that aspect. Never heard it though. its not cheap however and I am not aware of any cheap on ears that sound similar to the B3.

Jun 15, 2015 at 10:14 AM Post #1,080 of 2,486
  Wow, they are $200 
frown.gif

Anyone else any suggestions up to $80 on-ears?

I am not sure if ur in the states, but amazing warehouse deals seem to have great deals on headphones so might keep an eye on that. But in this price range not too many options with regards to the sound signature you're looking for.

The V-Moda M80 go on sale all the time and you can sometimes snag the first generation momentum on ears for that price but they are the polar opposite of the Pro 1s unfortunately. Unless you EQ the aforementioned ones to hell and even then it might not cut it imo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back