Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0
May 21, 2017 at 7:46 AM Post #2,373 of 2,486
i dont know much, because i only have 2 iems in this price range, but SQ wise, it's good. I'd say unique. But the build quality mine had, sucks. My right havis broke in half, while the left ones are already on the brink of it. I did some minor repairs a while ago guess what, and they're already back in my ears playin' some PMJs!

Jun 3, 2017 at 12:56 PM Post #2,377 of 2,486
yes i already did it. i asked same question in 4 main threads and no1 has an answer for it , what a great forum!

Glad you're enjoying the forums :wink: I've got the ZS5 on the way. Should arrive in a couple weeks if shipping estimations are correct. Will give you some impressions then.

In the meantime, here's a review of the B3 Pro II. They're great as well.

https://www.head-fi.org/f/showcase/havi-b3-pro-ii.22427/reviews

DSC01306.JPG

Jun 3, 2017 at 5:58 PM Post #2,378 of 2,486
yes i already did it. i asked same question in 4 main threads and no1 has an answer for it , what a great forum!

Nice attitude, doesn't exactly makes one want to help......

Jun 13, 2017 at 7:14 AM Post #2,379 of 2,486
Can you please help me making my next purchase? Can anyone give me a comparison between Fiio EX1 2nd gen and Havi B3 Pro 1 in terms of

soundstage, clarity, quality and quantity of bass? I've read a lot from other people saying that both of them have an out of the head

soundstage, headphone-like experience. Let's say I'm gonna watch a movie with it, will it sound like I'm inside a theater and which one of

them can replicate that? I also prefer hearing all drum parts like hi-hats, bass drum and the tom-toms with great detail like matt mcguire's

drum covers. Which of them will you prefer to me?

Jun 13, 2017 at 4:19 PM Post #2,380 of 2,486
I think you'll have to step into a different league of iems to get what you're after. The havi is special, but it won't give you the feeling that you're wearing extremely good headphones with insane theater like soundstage. They're cheap, buy them and try them out. But don't expect perfection and theater like soundstage from a 50 dollar in ear.

Jun 13, 2017 at 5:54 PM Post #2,381 of 2,486
I think you'll have to step into a different league of iems to get what you're after. The havi is special, but it won't give you the feeling that you're wearing extremely good headphones with insane theater like soundstage. They're cheap, buy them and try them out. But don't expect perfection and theater like soundstage from a 50 dollar in ear.

Thanks for the reply. But how is it compared to Fiio EX1? I'm not expecting extremely good headphones with insane theater like soundstage. I just thought it could really be that huge of the openness. Lol. But so far from what I read, so far Havi and the EX1 are the only ones that can make you feel you're using a headphone due to its airiness compared to all of the other IEM's. Want to know the difference between both of them when it comes to soundstage. Both offers clarity, smoothness and high fidelity sound. Now what I know the EX1 having a V-shaped signature with more bass compared to the Havi's where some other people here says it lacks bass. I can only afford one at the moment. Hope someone can tell me the difference between both of them and why do they prefer one from another.

Jun 13, 2017 at 6:24 PM Post #2,382 of 2,486
I do have both the Fiio EX1 2nd gen and Havi B3 Pro 1. I did not like the fiio that much at first because the highs were to strong for me and the bass was weak. I put
some westone ear buds on them and this is all I use for now. The bass is more present and the higher end is cleaner. The westone do not fit well but you can get them on
with a little work and practice. https://www.sweetwater.com/store/de...TrueFitCombo&gclid=COKX-5vuu9QCFVq1wAodM38L0g

Jun 14, 2017 at 1:43 AM Post #2,383 of 2,486
I do have both the Fiio EX1 2nd gen and Havi B3 Pro 1. I did not like the fiio that much at first because the highs were to strong for me and the bass was weak. I put
some westone ear buds on them and this is all I use for now. The bass is more present and the higher end is cleaner. The westone do not fit well but you can get them on
with a little work and practice. https://www.sweetwater.com/store/de...TrueFitCombo&gclid=COKX-5vuu9QCFVq1wAodM38L0g

Thanks for that. I see you prefer using the EX1 over the B3Pro1 but can you make a little comparison about their soundstage? When you said the fiio's bass was weak, was it B3Pro1-like weak? I do get now that tips really do affect the sound.

Jun 15, 2017 at 6:23 PM Post #2,385 of 2,486
Thanks for the reply. But how is it compared to Fiio EX1? I'm not expecting extremely good headphones with insane theater like soundstage. I just thought it could really be that huge of the openness. Lol. But so far from what I read, so far Havi and the EX1 are the only ones that can make you feel you're using a headphone due to its airiness compared to all of the other IEM's. Want to know the difference between both of them when it comes to soundstage. Both offers clarity, smoothness and high fidelity sound. Now what I know the EX1 having a V-shaped signature with more bass compared to the Havi's where some other people here says it lacks bass. I can only afford one at the moment. Hope someone can tell me the difference between both of them and why do they prefer one from another.

I have issues with the bolded statement. First, I have yet to find an IEM that can feel like a headphone. Second, though being a fan of the Havi B3 pro1, the Massdrop X FAD Heaven III has much better soundstage detail as in layering of instruments and decay of notes. The B3 has larger soundstage than the Heaven III, but the devil is in the details.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back