Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0
Dec 23, 2015 at 4:33 AM Post #1,636 of 2,486

Late in sharing but here's my balanced havi b3 terminated in balanced 2.5 (pigtail 2.5 female to kobiconn male)

That is so boss!! What kind of wire does the B3P1 use? Is it just that standard hair thin copper?

Dec 23, 2015 at 6:54 AM Post #1,638 of 2,486

Late in sharing but here's my balanced havi b3 terminated in balanced 2.5 (pigtail 2.5 female to kobiconn male)

This is a dream come true, how is the sound? Balanced vs unbalanced? (I know this is a hard to answer question because you cant A/B it, but if the difference is noticeable may be you can give an opinion)

Dec 23, 2015 at 6:55 AM Post #1,639 of 2,486

That is so boss!! What kind of wire does the B3P1 use? Is it just that standard hair thin copper?

+1 Would like to know the cable.

And can you please write your source/amp as well as the terminal jack type?

Dec 23, 2015 at 7:24 AM Post #1,641 of 2,486
+1 Would like to know the cable.

And can you please write your source/amp as well as the terminal jack type?

Ak380 to rsa intruder via balanced 2.5 to kobiconn to havi b3 pro 1 via kobiconn to 2.5. I'm quite invested in the ak platform so 2.5mm trrs is what i generally use.

Jjc27
Balanced actually improves the sound as i get more power w/c the havi's like. I couldn't a/b them as i had to leave them to my guy who reterminated it for me.

I liked using intruder and rxmk3b+ single ended, but using balanced exceeds single ended significantly, especially with the havi's.

These aren't my primary iem's so i could risk losing them, but it paid off.

Dec 24, 2015 at 11:37 AM Post #1,642 of 2,486
Havi B3 review coming on Saturday.
wink.gif

Dec 24, 2015 at 12:30 PM Post #1,644 of 2,486
Jan 2, 2016 at 8:28 PM Post #1,648 of 2,486
Hey guys,

I've had my B3P1 for about 10 months now and has been my daily driver since along with my carbo tenore but the B3P1 gets more playtime between the two. Sadly, I had to stop using mine because the cable insulation started to go bad. Light scratches would cause it to come off in spots leaving the cable inside exposed. The 4 flat cables also started to come apart. It also came off at the strain relief on the housings. It looks so horrible. I am not sure what caused the insulation to degrade. Could be oils and sweat from my skin.

Has anyone experienced similar degradation?

Jan 3, 2016 at 1:45 AM Post #1,649 of 2,486
  Hey guys,

I've had my B3P1 for about 10 months now and has been my daily driver since along with my carbo tenore but the B3P1 gets more playtime between the two. Sadly, I had to stop using mine because the cable insulation started to go bad. Light scratches would cause it to come off in spots leaving the cable inside exposed. The 4 flat cables also started to come apart. It also came off at the strain relief on the housings. It looks so horrible. I am not sure what caused the insulation to degrade. Could be oils and sweat from my skin.

Has anyone experienced similar degradation?

Mine's still perfect. But I baby my IEMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back