Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread
Nov 4, 2014 at 1:09 PM Post #3,917 of 4,032
Relax guys
wink.gif

That's right everybody just chill! But I guess while we're comparing the B3 to other IEMs, does anyone wish these had the adjustable nozzles that the VSonic GR06 and GR07 has or is it just me? The B3s are totally comfortable, the angle's just ever so slightly off for my ears aesthetic-wise.

Nov 4, 2014 at 1:10 PM Post #3,918 of 4,032

That's right everybody just chill! But I guess while we're comparing the B3 to other IEMs, does anyone wish these had the adjustable nozzles that the VSonic GR06 and GR07 has or is it just me? The B3s are totally comfortable, the angle's just ever so slightly off for my ears aesthetic-wise.

Yes I wish it had the nozzle, that would be great actually because the fit for me is decent, not as good as the IE80, but better than others I have used. 

Nov 4, 2014 at 1:43 PM Post #3,919 of 4,032
  Yes I wish it had the nozzle, that would be great actually because the fit for me is decent, not as good as the IE80, but better than others I have used. 

Having that swiveling nozzle would be nice on these. I've got small ears and with swiveling nozzles, I'd probably be able to put less pressure on parts of my ear. Really makes a difference for when you're wearing a beanie.

Nov 4, 2014 at 3:55 PM Post #3,920 of 4,032
Other than listening, is there an easy way for me to check for the channel imbalance problem? I'm pretty sure I'm suffering with it having only received my b3 pro I today.

There seems to be slightly more bass in the right ear compared to the left, not sure how I can be 100% though.

Listening to acid kings electric machine, it seems like there's load more bass and volume emphasis on the right ear than the left.

I'm not running them amp'd at the moment, just directly out of the iPod

Nov 4, 2014 at 4:40 PM Post #3,921 of 4,032
These have to be, without question, one of the absolute worst-sounding headphones I have ever heard. They do absolutely nothing well. They're harsh, flabby, have a terrible channel imbalance, and sound confused with even the most basic music. Tyll was spot-on when he called these things "an abomination." 

Why anyone would ever even consider these when the Vsonic VSD3S are massively superior in every way for a mere $50 is beyond me.

Nov 4, 2014 at 4:55 PM Post #3,922 of 4,032
These have to be, without question, one of the absolute worst-sounding headphones I have ever heard. They do absolutely nothing well. They're harsh, flabby, have a terrible channel imbalance, and sound confused with even the most basic music. Tyll was spot-on when he called these things "an abomination." 

Why anyone would ever even consider these when the Vsonic VSD3S are massively superior in every way for a mere $50 is beyond me.

Well, maybe not everyone finds the vsd3s superior just because you do. The only thing I found better on the VSD3S is bass impact the B3's are superior in every other way to me. If you've got channel imbalance you've got a faulty pair and should try to get them changed or a refund. Pretty pointless to try to make some kind of statement about them if they're not working properly.......

Nov 4, 2014 at 6:05 PM Post #3,923 of 4,032

OMG!

Nov 4, 2014 at 6:13 PM Post #3,924 of 4,032

These impresions are very harsh for even a faulty Havi. For me they are far superior than VSD3S with/without an amp. -2 
wink.gif

Nov 4, 2014 at 7:07 PM Post #3,926 of 4,032
Well, maybe not everyone finds the vsd3s superior just because you do. The only thing I found better on the VSD3S is bass impact the B3's are superior in every other way to me. If you've got channel imbalance you've got a faulty pair and should try to get them changed or a refund. Pretty pointless to try to make some kind of statement about them if they're not working properly.......

+1. I've listened to both and they trade punches on technical excellence. I think it comes down to sound sig preference between the 2. In my case, I liked both sound sigs, but I got the VSD3S first and had some connection troubles. I swapped them out with Penon for a set of the B3s and found no real reason to go through the hassle to doing it all over again. I've had these for several months now and don't have any problem with them. Probably the best things I've ever put into my ears

Nov 4, 2014 at 7:15 PM Post #3,927 of 4,032

I had the VSD3S for 2 weeks and sold it.

Nov 4, 2014 at 8:46 PM Post #3,928 of 4,032

While I don't own the VSD3s (I have the VSD3), I find your experience with the Havi Pro 1 surprising. I actually did have some channel imbalance and am waiting for it to be exchanged by penon. My experience with the Havis have been completely opposite of yours (and this is coming from a major basshead). Are you sure you do not have a defective unit? Are you driving it well? Have you tried tip rolling?

The Havi's are weak in the subbass area but honestly I found them capable of handing almost anything I threw at them. While I recognize that well have different preferences, but the experiences shouldn't vary this much, right?

Also comparing the VSD3 to the Havis, neither one is better IMHO. For one thing they have wildly differing sound signatures. Some days I would prefer the Vsonic and others the Havi. But I feel the detail retrieval and soundstage was more noticeably better on the Havi but the VSD3 had rumbling bass that is also hard hitting and is more fun to listen to.

I always thought that I would be a basshead but the Havi has made a believer out of me and I find myself liking more balanced headphones now and am starting to appreciate analytical sound signatures as well. Crap it seems I have gone too deep down the rabbit hole :p

Nov 4, 2014 at 8:48 PM Post #3,929 of 4,032
Hey guys to take some of the tension out of the thread as of recent here's a Justin Beiber video:

Wait....What?

Yeah this is one of his songs slowed down 800% and sounds pretty trippy and awesome on the Havi's. It's really somethng else how slowing down a whiny, arrogant brats "singing" 800% turns a abomination of a song into sounding like the ballad of a goddess. And that's a proper use of the word abomination @Alondite

Nov 4, 2014 at 9:16 PM Post #3,930 of 4,032
Imo IM50 is worth it. I like them more than Havi B3.

Thanks for the reply mate, will keep an eye out for them to see if I come across a sale of something. I love how female vocals sound on the Havi, especially Maria Mena. How are the IM50s in that department? Sorry don't mean to derail the thread, just hoping to get the impressions from someone who owns both the IEMs :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back