Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread
Nov 3, 2014 at 10:29 AM Post #3,886 of 4,032
I actually prefer the havi b3 pro 1 than my re-400s. I also found the havi can scale better than the hifiman's using ak120->rxmk3b+.the re-400 to me sounded a tad brighter and clear, but the havi's were more enjoyable with the right amount of clarity and warmth. (Used to the ie800, but exploring other gear)

My own opinion and ymmv.

Your impressions are consistent with my experience of havi vs gr07.
Havi were more enjoyable though gr07 are clear and much much brighter.

All depends on preference and music type.

Can u compare the havi's bass with re-400??

Nov 3, 2014 at 1:14 PM Post #3,887 of 4,032
mad.gif
Man you have made your point, why do you want to keep repeating it. Its becoming annoying.

Nov 3, 2014 at 2:23 PM Post #3,888 of 4,032

mad.gif
Man you have made your point, why do you want to keep repeating it. Its becoming annoying.

Who are you talking with? wasn't so sure. 

Anyways, I am really happy with the Havi's as my IEM I use for when  I am out walking and have to say they sound really good, fast dynamic, clear, and detailed. For those that like a bit more impact in the lows well the pairing with the Ipod5.5(rock boxed) and the DX90 with Cayin C5 just helps this IEM blossom Into something very special especially when looking at price. Definitely an easy recommendation for someone looking for good details with clean and clear neutrality. 

Nov 3, 2014 at 2:58 PM Post #3,890 of 4,032

Anyways, I am really happy with the Havi's as my IEM I use for when  I am out walking and have to say they sound really good, fast dynamic, clear, and detailed. For those that like a bit more impact in the lows well the pairing with the Ipod5.5(rock boxed) and the DX90 with Cayin C5 just helps this IEM blossom Into something very special especially when looking at price. Definitely an easy recommendation for someone looking for good details with clean and clear neutrality. 

+1 for the B3 loving the C5.

Nov 3, 2014 at 8:26 PM Post #3,892 of 4,032
Just got my pair of Havi today

Day 1 impressions

What do you mean these are hard to drive? These are just as easy to drive as my other 32ohm pair of full-size headphones...
I can run them on my phone at 30% power and at 2/100 on my computer...
Easy to drive...

Sound
On the phone, they sound like my pair of SuperLux EVOs which is probably an amazing thing.

But

On my computer, I tried to play some edm and it sounded weird. At some parts, I would get this weird feeling like pressure was being applied to my ears and the sound would kinda dim a bit. Did not like it.

Also, the smallest of my stock earbuds was broken...

The included earbuds don't match what I've read.
I received one pair of soft foams but they had two holes on the side.

I also received three sizes of clear tube like ones.
Along with three sizes of double flange

On my computer, these sound pretty bad when compared to SuperLux. But thats kinda unfair as I'm comparing an IEM to a pair of full sized headphones. Also, my computer might not be driving them properly as they do sound "thin".

Strangely, on my phone, the Havi becomes indistinguishable from my SuperLux which is a good thing because my SuperLux sound just as good on my phone as they do on my computer. Since I plan on using these IEMs as my travel pair, It works out I guess.

Microphonics is AWFUL. For an over ear, they really suck. I can hear the cables loud and clear when simply walking around. Worst microphonics so far.

If I'm coming off as negative, I'm not. When a pair of IEMs can compare to a full size pair of headphones, something good is happening. The part I'm concerned about is that my Havis don't seem to be hard to drive which makes me wonder If I got a pair of Pro IIs instead of the Pro 1.

I'll report back after more listening.

Nov 3, 2014 at 9:44 PM Post #3,893 of 4,032
Just got my pair of Havi today

Day 1 impressions

What do you mean these are hard to drive? These are just as easy to drive as my other 32ohm pair of full-size headphones...

I can run them on my phone at 30% power and at 2/100 on my computer...

Easy to drive...

Sound

On the phone, they sound like my pair of SuperLux EVOs which is probably an amazing thing.

But

On my computer, I tried to play some edm and it sounded weird. At some parts, I would get this weird feeling like pressure was being applied to my ears and the sound would kinda dim a bit. Did not like it.

Also, the smallest of my stock earbuds was broken...

The included earbuds don't match what I've read.

I received one pair of soft foams but they had two holes on the side.

I also received three sizes of clear tube like ones.

Along with three sizes of double flange

On my computer, these sound pretty bad when compared to SuperLux. But thats kinda unfair as I'm comparing an IEM to a pair of full sized headphones. Also, my computer might not be driving them properly as they do sound "thin".

Strangely, on my phone, the Havi becomes indistinguishable from my SuperLux which is a good thing because my SuperLux sound just as good on my phone as they do on my computer. Since I plan on using these IEMs as my travel pair, It works out I guess.

Microphonics is AWFUL. For an over ear, they really suck. I can hear the cables loud and clear when simply walking around. Worst microphonics so far.

If I'm coming off as negative, I'm not. When a pair of IEMs can compare to a full size pair of headphones, something good is happening. The part I'm concerned about is that my Havis don't seem to be hard to drive which makes me wonder If I got a pair of Pro IIs instead of the Pro 1.

I'll report back after more listening.

lol I've listened to my Havis off my Audio Gd master 9 and to get enough volume for me the volume pot is at 60/100 on low gain (the same as my HD800s and similar to my HE500s) and it pumps out 2500mw into 40ohms. Mine must be extra hard to drive

Nov 3, 2014 at 10:46 PM Post #3,894 of 4,032
Hmm that is interesting to read. I myself have a VSD3 and Havi Pro 1, with the pro 1 on its way to be exchanged. Would you say it is worth owning IM50 when one has both the aforementioned IEMs?

Imo IM50 is worth it. I like them more than Havi B3.

Nov 4, 2014 at 7:08 AM Post #3,896 of 4,032

+1 for the B3 loving the C5.

What do you think about the C5 matching the Ipod 5.5? I have one and I am looking for an amp without destrying its wonderfull sound.

I also expect to get the Havi this week.

Nov 4, 2014 at 8:18 AM Post #3,897 of 4,032
What do you think about the C5 matching the Ipod 5.5? I have one and I am looking for an amp without destrying its wonderfull sound.

I don't think Ipod 5.5 has a wonderful sound to speak off. So C5 won't destroy its sound which for me is not wonderful but will make it better to some degree I guess. 
biggrin.gif

Nov 4, 2014 at 8:24 AM Post #3,898 of 4,032
I don't think Ipod 5.5 has a wonderful sound to speak off. So C5 won't destroy its sound which for me is not wonderful but will make it better to some degree I guess. :D

Why did/do you think so? You dont like just 5.5g or all of classic/video line-ups?.....

Nov 4, 2014 at 8:26 AM Post #3,899 of 4,032

Dont forget to order/use LOD cable with your ipod& pairing......if not already being used.

Nov 4, 2014 at 8:49 AM Post #3,900 of 4,032

Is your Ipod 5.5 rockboxed like my own?(i still have the 5.5 after using the DX90 as a backup for gym and work) Because if you do have rockbox on it then the cayin will sound good with it and I do suggest it especially if you are using the Havi b3 and the Cayin C5 via iPod 5.5 RBed. Granted the DX90 sounds even better to my ears, more space, details, and just something special in comparison to the generic iPod 5.5 but when it is rockbox it does get better imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back