Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread
Aug 4, 2014 at 11:44 AM Post #1,291 of 4,032
  dang, thanks for the info tho.

most of my listening is done on the x3, so i think that at home and at school, the havis would complement nicely.

however during workouts and stuff, i like the clip zip's portability. altho the havi sound signature might not fit my workout "signature" anyways, cuz i do like some bass when i'm trying to get in the mood for a pump

The B3 has a pretty stiff cable and a big housing, so it isn't ideal for workout.

Aug 4, 2014 at 11:45 AM Post #1,292 of 4,032
The B3 has nice bass extension. No midbass hump, but subbass reaches quite deep, just that it doesn't come in a large amount.

I wouldn't recommend the B3 for exercise. I faintly remember mentioning this somewhere before. Essentially, the B3 fit is good in the conventional sense, but in my experience, doesn't hold well under vigorous movement, even when worn over ear. Aside from that, with exercise IEMs, you'd want the cable to be almost non-existent so it doesn't become irritating. You clearly won't get that with the B3 flat wire IMO.

Of course, for the umpteenth time, YMMV :)

Aug 4, 2014 at 3:17 PM Post #1,297 of 4,032
I'm just thinking. Anyone uses a chord Hugo with b3? I'm seriously contemplating getting a Hugo to solve all the amp dac issue. Once and for all

If you like being ripped off, you could get the Hugo. Not one thing is mentioned as to how it could possibly be $2,000 better than what is currently offered (or will be offered, like the Geek Wave). Add that $500 silver cable for the "ultimate audio experience" as well (aka a resistance change, and little to no difference over a good copper cable.)

Aug 4, 2014 at 7:04 PM Post #1,298 of 4,032
I'm just thinking. Anyone uses a chord Hugo with b3? I'm seriously contemplating getting a Hugo to solve all the amp dac issue. Once and for all

Yeaaah, Using a $2K DAC/amp with a $60 iem is not the wisest choice for getting the best bang for the buck.  The money would be better spent on the a pair of custom iems that don't need an amp.

Aug 4, 2014 at 11:53 PM Post #1,299 of 4,032
alright so i'm deciding between the following list:

ostry kc06a
vsd3s
havi b3 pro1
singolos

vsonic gr07 be
se215
re400

if you could choose two, which ones would you guys choose?

so far from what i've read, ppl think that overall, the havi and the vsd3s are the best...

i know the havi>kc06, but how does the kc06a compare?

Aug 4, 2014 at 11:57 PM Post #1,300 of 4,032

ostry kc06a
vsd3s
havi b3 pro1
singolos

vsonic gr07 be
se215
re400

so far from what i've read, ppl think that overall, the havi and the vsd3s are the best...

You would be a fool to not get the GR07BE. IMHO it's better than everything else on your list.

If you have an amp, get the GR07BE and the havi b3 pro I

Aug 5, 2014 at 12:29 AM Post #1,301 of 4,032

You have the answer already! But if you are fine with the budget getting both GR07BE & B3, and already have a decent amp (must for B3) just get them,imo.:D

Aug 5, 2014 at 12:47 AM Post #1,302 of 4,032
You would be a fool to not get the GR07BE. IMHO it's better than everything else on your list.

If you have an amp, get the GR07BE and the havi b3 pro I

I'd say the 07BE only wins in bass, clarity and treble-wise both Ostrys are slightly better. Considering the price of these I'd suggest the Vsd3 and/or Kc06a

Aug 5, 2014 at 12:56 AM Post #1,303 of 4,032
Peter123 did a great comparison of the B3 I and the VSD3S. He came to the conclusion that the Havi is best with certain things like acoustic, classical, classic rock, and that kind of thing, where the VSD3S fit the bill where the Havi lacked. I would go with that combo, if you want two that will complement each other. 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/669510/the-new-iem-of-vsonic-vsd-3s-impression-updated-by-smailbz/1170#post_10661732

Aug 5, 2014 at 1:36 AM Post #1,304 of 4,032

ostry kc06a
vsd3s
havi b3 pro1
singolos

vsonic gr07 be
se215
re400

gr07 be definitely, the havi b3 whether you have or don't have an amp (i'm using them without an amp) just off my ipod touch and its still very very good. havent tried the singolos or the kc06a

the se215 is good for the price way way back, but the sub 100$ iem has changed radically since then. they are super rugged, if you really need that but i think with a bit of care you can do better with any of the others on the list. 

that said if you want a pair of re400s (which is still very good, smoother sounding with great transperancy) id be willing to let my pair go =)

Aug 5, 2014 at 2:09 AM Post #1,305 of 4,032

It is not so ludicrous idea - but given the competition to the Hugo ( like iFi Audio micro iDSD ,  at a "measly" 1K5 less cost ), definitely worth reconsidering.

But if you can afford it, try to audition both first - according to the first impressions, micro is a mighty capable amp dac. Given the funds, I would order it in a heartbeat.
Micro has both excellent DAC and an amp that can drive everything but the most difficult loads of them all - the AKG K 1000. And its system of managing headphone sensitivity in order to allow hiss free performance and ample volume control setting range even with super efficient IEMs while being powerful enough to drive planars like Audeze and HiFiMan and everything in between is probably a feature that does go above the Hugo ( I did not check Hugo well enough, too far above my budget for serious consideration ).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back