Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread
Aug 3, 2014 at 10:25 AM Post #1,261 of 4,032
Mine shipped July 31...
We're pretty much on the the same boat lol

Can't wait to get them!!!

Maybe we can have a Havi arrival party. 
smile.gif

Aug 3, 2014 at 2:47 PM Post #1,267 of 4,032
My son needed a pair of iems so I gave him my Beyerdynamic 71s. So, I ended up with no iems. Lors recommended the B3s in the Mikros 90 thread. I just placed an order for the B3 Pro 1s. I am looking forward to them arriving. :)

Aug 3, 2014 at 4:34 PM Post #1,268 of 4,032
  I was listening to Havi B3 Pro 1 on LG G3 a/b with a friend's Shure 215. Its still very good against the Shure 215, but the latter still win with a margin on sound spaciousness and bass.

Gotta be a source issue. Probably just not enough power for the Havis to shine on like crazy diamonds. Even if the volume gets high enough, that doesn't mean that they're driven properly to get the correct sound. TBH I wouldn't consider anything definitive involving the Havis if an amp isn't involved

Aug 3, 2014 at 8:41 PM Post #1,269 of 4,032
  Gotta be a source issue. Probably just not enough power for the Havis to shine on like crazy diamonds. Even if the volume gets high enough, that doesn't mean that they're driven properly to get the correct sound. TBH I wouldn't consider anything definitive involving the Havis if an amp isn't involved

Agreed. I was able to A/B the B3 against a Shure se425, with my iPod 4th gen with a line out and a Fiio e6. The only thing that the Shure had more of than the Havi's was warmth and bass quantity. The Havi's won in terms of clarity, imaging, and bass quality. Soundstage and mids texturing was the same in terms of quality, just different flavors. The point is, even with slight amping, the Havi's are pretty hard to beat. And they sounded better compared to higher end Shure's than the se215, so I believe that some amping is in order. 

Aug 3, 2014 at 9:30 PM Post #1,270 of 4,032
@Baycode  i was reading your ear tip post, and i noticed that you said with the senn double flange you actually lost isolation. i'm experiecing the same thing

with the biflange i lose a lot of the bass (makes these b3 basslight) but it doesn't really feel like its sealing at all, the silicone is really flimsy

with the sony hybrids i actually feel like its sealing, maybe its the material of the silicone, the bass goes way up, to just above neutral.

i'm not even sure why i'm posting this cause i'm having trouble picking tips =( with the senn biflange i get a more expansive, soundstage, but the treble is a bit grainy and raw right now. with the sony hybrids it tones this "rawness" down and bumps up the bass but at the cost of soundstage.--> to a bit more mellow sound

also is it just me when i add a bit more juice (like i added this
http://www.pyleaudio.com/sku/PHE1AW/iPodiPhone-Headphone-Amplifier-(White-Color)

it makes the havi sound more 3D sounding? compare to straight off my ipod touch

Aug 4, 2014 at 1:47 AM Post #1,274 of 4,032
  @Baycode  i was reading your ear tip post, and i noticed that you said with the senn double flange you actually lost isolation. i'm experiecing the same thing

with the biflange i lose a lot of the bass (makes these b3 basslight) but it doesn't really feel like its sealing at all, the silicone is really flimsy

with the sony hybrids i actually feel like its sealing, maybe its the material of the silicone, the bass goes way up, to just above neutral.

i'm not even sure why i'm posting this cause i'm having trouble picking tips =( with the senn biflange i get a more expansive, soundstage, but the treble is a bit grainy and raw right now. with the sony hybrids it tones this "rawness" down and bumps up the bass but at the cost of soundstage.--> to a bit more mellow sound

Yeah we started discussing tips again a few pages back. I noticed that the senn double flanges I got from ebay seemed to be a bit sturdier. Even then the biflanges don't fit me terribly well, I get a good seal in one ear but the other just doesn't quite work for long. Isolation is not very good on these even when they seal well.

I really like the infamous JVC spiral dot tips but they're a bit pricey, and I seem a bit between sizes so after 3-4 hours they become a bit uncomfortable. Better isolation than senn biflanges, seem to give me the smoothest sound without losing soundstage.

Another option I enjoy is a long, narrow biflance such as those from meelectonics (comes in several colors). With these make sure to push the tips all the way down past the normal section of the stem until the body of the IEM. These have pretty good isolation and increase bass a bit, but I hear a bit of tameness added to the treble... Others have actually commented that they liked the treble more with these kinds of tips. Slight loss of soundstage width is likely here.

Every once in a while if I need long-lasting comfort I'll switch back to using comply t-400 or comply ts-400 . The T series can be a bit weird because they're very long so the Havis will not really sit flush in your ears when using them. I have been considering stretching some out to fit over the fat part of the stem but have not yet done so.  Slight rounding off in the highs and lows as is typical with foams.

Another user liked these skullcandy replacement tips from ebay. Mine are still in the mail, so I can't comment on their sonic signature. 

Other than that I occasionally go back to the stock black/red silicone tips that came on them, as they seem to be a solid all-around tip for them. 

also is it just me when i add a bit more juice (like i added this
http://www.pyleaudio.com/sku/PHE1AW/iPodiPhone-Headphone-Amplifier-(White-Color)

it makes the havi sound more 3D sounding? compare to straight off my ipod touch

Yeah it's been pretty much universally agreed that the Havis need a bit of extra amplification to shine. They even like the high gain settings on some portable amps. When I get my full desktop setup all together next week or so, we'll see how they sound on a real desktop amp.

Aug 4, 2014 at 7:58 AM Post #1,275 of 4,032
  I was listening to Havi B3 Pro 1 on LG G3 a/b with a friend's Shure 215. Its still very good against the Shure 215, but the latter still win with a margin on sound spaciousness and bass.

B3 can´t really be used with a cellphone. I have the LG G2 and while it sounds good, the amp is to weak for anything over 16 ohms really. Pair the B3 with let´s say a Drafonfly, Audioengine D1 or any cheap dac/amp combo or A ipod with a LOD and a cmoy.. It´s a vast improvement! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back