Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread
Jul 20, 2014 at 11:28 PM Post #1,021 of 4,032
Has anyone bought a pair from Lendmeurears recently? If so, do they come with the Sennheiser double flange tips? Just purchased the Pro 1's and I'm usually a bass-head but you all say the Pro-2's are bad, so I hope I like them!

Jul 20, 2014 at 11:55 PM Post #1,023 of 4,032
Has anyone bought a pair from Lendmeurears recently? If so, do they come with the Sennheiser double flange tips? Just purchased the Pro 1's and I'm usually a bass-head but you all say the Pro-2's are bad, so I hope I like them!

Yes, bought some from LMUE recently and they came with Senn bi-flanges. I find I have to use them with Comply tips to get them to stay in, though. As far as bass goes, I think they've got good bass quality and just enough bass quantity to satisfy me. They aren't going to implode your eardrums with bass if that's what you're after :wink:.

Jul 21, 2014 at 12:27 AM Post #1,024 of 4,032
No Bass boost on the NX1. Disappointing.

Enough for me. Bass is too big will cover the instrument.
L3000.gif

Jul 21, 2014 at 3:44 AM Post #1,025 of 4,032

The actual use of b3s with NX1 and apple 4S has a very good effect.The sound is very clear and strong.

Wow. I almost thought that was the CC BH2. The NX1 almost looks like it. The only give from that view is the placement of the indicator, the second missing auxiliary output and the color of the indicator. 

Jul 21, 2014 at 3:50 AM Post #1,026 of 4,032

The actual use of b3s with NX1 and apple 4S has a very good effect.The sound is very clear and strong.

beerchug.gif

I have started to use my iPod Touch 4th Gen via the Fiio Lineout cable connected to my NX1. Synergy and sound quality is perfect for this combo!!!  So if there is an option for lineout, I highly recommend you to connect your iPhone 4S through the fiio lineout cable. Also velcro adhesives that came with the NX1 nicely and securely attaches the NX1 to my iPod. I don't use the elastic band anymore. After this pairing and hearing the results, I sold my Fiio E11.

Here is the cable I use: http://www.mp4nation.net/fiio-l9-l-lod-cable-for-ipod-ipad-iphone-pcocc-a-cable
Or you can go for this one: http://www.mp4nation.net/fiio-l11-iphone-lo-usb-dock-conversion-adapter
                             (please check the compatibility with your phone)

No Bass boost on the NX1. Disappointing.

Dear LanceP11, there is no need for a bass boost on the NX1 -IMO-. But if you prefer to use it that way I can't say anything... Then NX1 is not for you.

(Because I never like the boost switches which changes the sound in a non Hi-Fi fashion. But there are "people" who prefers just the opposite. So its a preference thing...)

May be B3 Pro1 cannot satisfy a bass-head's needs but one thing I am perfectly sure of that "it has the potential to change your preferences"
wink.gif
    After getting it, just give it time and you'll understand what I mean 
wink.gif

...and if the bass is not enough for you even after driver/brain burn-in period, you can always EQ the bass section.

Enough for me. Bass is too big will cover the instrument.
L3000.gif

++++1 

Jul 21, 2014 at 10:12 AM Post #1,027 of 4,032
One thing about bass boost though, is that it's not bad to have when you listen in different conditions. For example, when I'm outside or in a public place where there's lots of noise in the environment, bass boost lets me enjoy the IEMs without having to turn them up to dangerous levels. At home in the quiet, I don't need it. That said, it might just be better to have a more purely "fun" IEM for being out and about, while saving the likes of the B3s for quiet attentive listening.

Jul 21, 2014 at 12:13 PM Post #1,028 of 4,032
ya..i use bass boost on the havi jus for fun, on some songs too..on my e18.

Jul 21, 2014 at 11:17 PM Post #1,030 of 4,032
  One thing about bass boost though, is that it's not bad to have when you listen in different conditions. For example, when I'm outside or in a public place where there's lots of noise in the environment, bass boost lets me enjoy the IEMs without having to turn them up to dangerous levels. At home in the quiet, I don't need it. That said, it might just be better to have a more purely "fun" IEM for being out and about, while saving the likes of the B3s for quiet attentive listening.

i agree with what your saying, when outside you do need a bit of extra bass (for the oomph) my bassier gear sounds less bassier outside
 after selling my fiio e6. i feel like when outside i could use a bit of extra bass (even with the "no eq" setting theres a bit more bass) and i could easily just turn off the amp when at home ( i still use my ipod at home) its just more convenient for me

Jul 23, 2014 at 5:34 AM Post #1,031 of 4,032
That the "Pro" in the name of Havi B3 Pro 1 (Old Version ) is meant for real, confirms the following : live streaming of the concert by 

Ljubljana International Orchestra

http://www.slokaracademy.com/en/concerts/lio-international-orchestra-ljubljana/

Ljubljana International Orchestra by vzivo

http://new.livestream.com/zivo/Ljubljana-International-Orchestra

Streaming is live at this moment ( dress rehearsal/recording of Strauss - Don Quichote ) - the concert is tonight at 21:00 hours ( CET+1 hour ) time.

Sound provided by yours truly, monitored  with B3 Pro 1 ( under the Peltor Optime III mufflrers ) - goes without saying.

Including all Monday and Wednesday morning till ... - the whole programme will be/is being/was recorded audio/video during the dress rehearsal for the planned DVD issue.

Original audio recording is in DSD128. 

Jul 23, 2014 at 5:51 AM Post #1,032 of 4,032
  That the "Pro" in the name of Havi B3 Pro 1 (Old Version ) is meant for real, confirms the following : live streaming of the concert by 

Ljubljana International Orchestra

http://www.slokaracademy.com/en/concerts/lio-international-orchestra-ljubljana/

Ljubljana International Orchestra by vzivo

http://new.livestream.com/zivo/Ljubljana-International-Orchestra

Streaming is live at this moment ( dress rehearsal/recording of Strauss - Don Quichote ) - the concert is tonight at 21:00 hours ( CET+1 hour ) time.

Sound provided by yours truly, monitored  with B3 Pro 1 ( under the Peltor Optime III mufflrers ) - goes without saying.

Including all Monday and Wednesday morning till ... - the whole programme will be/is being/was recorded audio/video during the dress rehearsal for the planned DVD issue.

Original audio recording is in DSD128. 

Great! Congrats @analogsurviver  !!!

Previous night I was making some tube rolling on my DV336SE and trying some full sized cans. K340, T50RP, K551, DJ100 was on the bench ATM.  Also B3 Pro1...

I have listened various kinds of music and some of my recordings. Nothing gives the true to life sound reproduction of B3 Pro1! Your post excited me and I wanted to share this. The mentioned full sized cans have some sort of faults compared to B3 Pro1.

Like you, I truly believe the "Pro" designation as well.

Jul 23, 2014 at 6:01 AM Post #1,033 of 4,032
Jul 23, 2014 at 11:11 AM Post #1,034 of 4,032
Disassembling the Havi B3 Pro1 : Looking into the heart of an iem

I want to share my journey after inspecting a driver problem on my B3 Pro1.

Left piece seemed slightly quieter on the 30-300 Hz range to my brain. So I got permission from Penonaudio that they can send me a free replacement if I open it and try to find the problem first. So thanks for Penonaudio for encouraging me.

Before opening it up I have measured the iem for different freq samples and really found that the left earpiece is quieter than the right (4-5 dB) on the 35-250 Hz range (yes I have a crazy hearing system).

And so the story continues...  I didn't find any driver wiring or wax related problems. So Penonaudio told me that I can send them the B3 for guarantee (replacement). But I have to cover the shipping (for sending them only)... They shipped back the B3 Pro1 to their expense. I have to thank them for their great service. They are standing behind their guarantee. They got my trust...

Also I did a conversation with Penonaudio regarding the driver issues of B3 Pro1's. They told me that there had been only about 4 units until now. So I am now content that the build quality across the production benches are not bad. Even the big companies like Audio Technica and JVC had this kind of issues...
wink.gif

So why not fully understand the B3 before sending? Therefore I have fully disassembled it in the name of science 
wink_face.gif

My findings in the pictorial form is on the below:

I have accidentally cracked the glass while trying to open them-up:

Is B3 Pro1 vented ?: Answer is yes, but hidden under a glass :wink:

After opening the backplate the drivers can be seen. I have lifted one of the drivers-up:

Front part facing the ear:

Inner part removed. Drivers are resting inside a rubber-like material:

This patented elastic housing (inner material) absorbs the vibrations:

I have listened to each driver. All I can say that they are not acting like a "known" bass and tweeter drivers. Their sound seemed to me like close to full-range speakers with different presentations. To explain it better I can use this example: Think of a different male and female vocalists (see the explanations on the photo below) inside these speakers. And the sound we hear is coming from the mixture of these vocals.

One driver is bass heavy, laid back, veiled while the other is has the opposite character. These two "opposite characters" creates something very special... 

Removing the filter from the baritone-bass driver didn't change anything on sound. So no room for modification here...

Look at the thick OFC used on the wiring.

In the end I am amazed by the simple yet effective inner design of B3 Pro1. It is also an "easy to mod" IEM. But the problem is: I can't see any possibility for modding inside the shell
biggrin.gif
  And the sound is already excellent....
wink_face.gif

My new B3's from the Penonaudio reached my hands... 
New Havi B3 Pro1's now have Pro I designation on the red dots. Previously they were only putting a red dot sticker for Pro1's. I think after this thread they (Havi company) have seen the practical usage of the model name "Pro1" instead of "old version" or " first version":

Users who are viewing this thread

Back