Have You "(Radiohead's) In Rainbows"?: Impressions thread
Oct 21, 2007 at 9:46 PM Post #121 of 147
Onto weird fishes in playlist, this is rather uncanny...

Oct 21, 2007 at 9:48 PM Post #122 of 147
Ok, so I put together the playlist and even though I'm only on 15 Step I'm pretty sure this isn't going to work. Airbag isn't supposed to start transitioning into PA and then randomly change to something totally different
blink.gif

Oct 21, 2007 at 10:29 PM Post #124 of 147
Quote:

Originally Posted by goldenratiophi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok, so I put together the playlist and even though I'm only on 15 Step I'm pretty sure this isn't going to work. Airbag isn't supposed to start transitioning into PA and then randomly change to something totally different
blink.gif

You actually tried it? I posted the article and I'm not even going to make the effort to rip my OK Computer cd onto my PC to try this. I just posted it for the laughs.

Remember that one a couple years back with TOOL's Lateralus where you were supposed to rearrange the tracks to coincide with a Fibonacci sequence. It was supposed to create different storylines. Fans are so stupid sometimes.

Oct 22, 2007 at 2:43 AM Post #127 of 147
ive been listening to them alternating for a bit... up to no surprises... seems more like its on shuffle more than seeming like theres some hidden meaning

Oct 22, 2007 at 3:41 PM Post #128 of 147
love it! not the album, the TENspiracy theory.. another lot of croc to make the album appear better than it actually is by distracting the listener into thinking they're not 'getting' something they should be.

This reminds me of the Coldplay album X&Y, rubbish, break the code blah blah blah.. it's been done before, and before them, too.

I don't think Radiohead would have done something as silly as is.. as someone said, their hidden meanings are in their music, where it should be. - if it somehow is.. (true) .. then i've lost respect for them.. basically it means they're relying on OK Computer once again.

Oct 23, 2007 at 3:40 PM Post #130 of 147
just saying in my opinion the new album isn't that great, it's good at times but it doesn't strike me like all the others have... and if the theory is true that somehow there's hidden meaning or something or other when being played along with OK Computer then they're basically relying on the help of OK Computer to make the new album something that it's not.

And i don't want to have to go listen to an old album at the same time as the new one to appreciate it as 'it should be'.

I see now why they released it on a pay what you think it's worth basis.

Oct 23, 2007 at 5:52 PM Post #131 of 147
I like this album. And more I listen, the more I like!

Oct 23, 2007 at 6:00 PM Post #132 of 147
Quote:

Originally Posted by KevDo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
just saying in my opinion the new album isn't that great, it's good at times but it doesn't strike me like all the others have... and if the theory is true that somehow there's hidden meaning or something or other when being played along with OK Computer then they're basically relying on the help of OK Computer to make the new album something that it's not.

And i don't want to have to go listen to an old album at the same time as the new one to appreciate it as 'it should be'.

I see now why they released it on a pay what you think it's worth basis.

i see what you're saying. i like the new album quite a bit, though. and for the record i don't think they linked this one to OK Computer. like it or hate it, that's fine with me. it's just that the word "again" in your earlier post puzzled me. it seemed to me that radiohead put out ok computer which has become highly touted as one of the best and then went completely away from that sound on the following two. but i like them all. my favorite radiohead album changes almost on a monthly basis.

Oct 23, 2007 at 7:23 PM Post #133 of 147
Ah, no worries. I just meant that if it were true (which i don't think it is) about the theory being more than a theory i'd be disappointed - all that sort of jazz seems sort of cheap to me.

It's good to hear a more relaxed Radiohead again but the songs just sound a bit too same old & familiar to really excite me like i would have hoped. I do like the album but it's definitely not their best.

Oct 24, 2007 at 6:31 AM Post #134 of 147
They have changed to more relaxed approach, groving older ...
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 24, 2007 at 12:48 PM Post #135 of 147
It's definitely a return to the older more guitar/bass/drum sound. So many bands these days seem to be creating albums which sound like their early years. I agree, this is a grower - not one of my faves yet (doubt it will be too).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back