Have You "(Radiohead's) In Rainbows"?: Impressions thread
Oct 10, 2007 at 8:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 147

wower

1000+ Head-Fier
Well. Living in Japan has some advantages as the album was released late afternoon local time. The gaikokujin in the office were listening to it within 20 minutes. I thought I would start another impressions thread to keep everything tidy.

Oct 10, 2007 at 8:23 AM Post #2 of 147
Listened to it twice just now...

First time it felt a little disjointed compared to the majestic "Kid A". But second time and it's already growing.

I like it so far... It's not a major change since the previous 2-3 albums . They have developed their style.

Oct 10, 2007 at 8:53 AM Post #5 of 147
Listening to the first track through my speakers now. It's quite good. Once I'm done eating my breakfast I'm going to put my headphones on and hear the binaural stuff.

Oct 10, 2007 at 9:30 AM Post #7 of 147
i think it's a grower, but i already like it!

Oct 10, 2007 at 10:11 AM Post #10 of 147
Quote:

Originally Posted by ezkcdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think it their best since Kid A. Especially dig "Nude" and "All I Need".

Exactly the two I picked as my favourites!
biggrin.gif

I like the album.

Second round:
Videotape and Weird Fishes/Arpeggi also sound great.

Oct 10, 2007 at 12:24 PM Post #13 of 147
well, i had a lot of expectations..i'm a pretty big radiohead fanboy..and had heard bootlegs of nearly all the songs from the album.

I've been listening all nite and I think they did an amazing job. Kid A is still my favourite, but I'll be playing the heck out of this one for a while.

Oct 10, 2007 at 12:38 PM Post #15 of 147
Well, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that "Reckoner" is my favorite track on the album. Glad to see Phil Selway's tight rhythm section is back, especially on "15 steps" and "Nude." There is a great vibe on about half of the tracks. The meandering, ambiguous, synth heavy tracks all sound the same to me. "Jigsaw falling into Place," Come on! Great track!

Actually, what I would really be interested in hearing is what people think about the whole distribution process of the album. While craving a CD at this point, it certianly marks a turning point in music this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back