Have you ever sold blood plasma for headphones?
Jan 18, 2009 at 12:56 AM Post #2 of 48
Nope. I'm flush (no pun intended.)

If you're not in the US (and even if you are, I guess), I'd be VERY CAREFUL about doing this. Do you really want to risk some bloodborne illness for pocket change?

Jan 18, 2009 at 1:04 AM Post #4 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Leto Atreides II /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nope. I'm flush (no pun intended.)

If you're not in the US (and even if you are, I guess), I'd be VERY CAREFUL about doing this. Do you really want to risk some bloodborne illness for pocket change?

I know....that would not be good at all.

I'm just a poor college kid, trying to make some cash in the easiest way possible.
icon10.gif

Jan 18, 2009 at 1:10 AM Post #5 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Q-Tip-81 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know....that would not be good at all.

I'm just a poor college kid, trying to make some cash in the easiest way possible.
icon10.gif

Get a secoond job (night shifts tend to pay very well). I personally was workiong for around $25 an hour for unskilled labour.

Jan 18, 2009 at 1:15 AM Post #6 of 48
Quote:

Why not prostitute yourself to rich older women?

Jan 18, 2009 at 2:20 AM Post #9 of 48
I should start doing this. $200/month and a great excuse for a long lunch break at work twice a week? Sounds fine to me!

After looking around, it seems I have a place I can donate about half a mile away.

Time to make some easy money!

Jan 18, 2009 at 2:31 AM Post #10 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why not prostitute yourself to rich older women?

It could be that he's already sleeping with them.

Jan 18, 2009 at 2:39 AM Post #11 of 48
I've donated plasma many times, but never for money. I won't do it on principle - the people who need it the most are the ones closest to death. Usually people undergoing heavy treatment for cancer or leukemia. It doesn't feel right to ask for money under those circumstances. Blood isn't quite the same - it often sits in a bank for awhile before it's used. Plasma usually goes in the first 24 hours.

There's no risk of infection with the Red Cross and other good facilities - they use new needles every time. If you donate plasma, be sure to register for the Bone Marrow Donor's Registry, too. I've been on it for years and was called in for further tests in 1999. I was close, but not enough to donate.

Jan 18, 2009 at 3:24 AM Post #12 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by wuwhere /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not yet but I can't predict the future. I still have two kidneys.

Welcome to Head-Fi. Sorry about your kidneys.

Jan 18, 2009 at 3:41 AM Post #13 of 48
Quote:

It could be that he's already sleeping with them.

Then it's obvious he needs some higher-paying clientele.

Jan 18, 2009 at 3:51 AM Post #14 of 48
I have donated blood or plasma ~12 times since I was 16. I had a blood transfusion (random thing happened) in December 2007 which means that I just got the go ahead to donate again.

I can tell you that donating is extremely important. It was actually much faster for them to find a blood match ( I have some weird variation of B+) because my information was already in the LifeSource and American Red Cross databases.

Also, I found out that frequent donors get their blood for free! So that made my bill $300 lighter.

Do donate, whether you get paid for it or not - it is a good thing to do.

Jan 18, 2009 at 5:15 AM Post #15 of 48
I cant donate. Im diabetic and have other medications that i take too, so that nulls me out.
My blood is A+ , i forget who can give and recieve from and to who.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back