Have turtlebeaches and M50s? Try it!
Jan 31, 2011 at 11:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

ssavage

500+ Head-Fier
so I picked up my X11 turtlebeaches today and looked at them and saw their pads. then I looked at my M50s and was like hmm.. this could work. So I pulled the X11 pads off and tried them on my M50s. if you guys have both then I suggest you try it! I'm gonna keep the x11pads on my M50s cause the M50 pads are very worn. 

Jan 31, 2011 at 11:31 PM Post #2 of 30
yea i like some of those pads on the turtle beaches headsets a lot. i was actually thinking of blowing 65 bucks on a pair x11's myself at a walmart i was at just for the ear pads to put on my akg's lol.

i think turtle beach should start selling their pads separate from each model. they only sell the HPA2/HPX ear pads which are alright 

EDIT: nevermind. i found them for 1.95 an earpad! i'm sooooo ordering now 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 31, 2011 at 11:39 PM Post #4 of 30
sure. it's on their website

http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/xbox-gaming-headsets/ear-force-x11.aspx

i see even they sell the x41 earpads for same price.

Quote:
Quote:
EDIT: nevermind. i found them for 1.95 an earpad! i'm sooooo ordering now 
smily_headphones1.gif

Wanna share the link? =]
I would very much like looking into buying a different set of pads for the M50S.

Jan 31, 2011 at 11:48 PM Post #5 of 30
Im not so sure that the x41 will fit. They look smaller than the x11.... The x11 looks like its almost the perfect fit. But I wouldn't know because I'm judging based on the pictures.

Quote:
i see even they sell the x41 earpads for same price.

Feb 1, 2011 at 1:34 PM Post #9 of 30
How's the sound signature? Does it change any with the X11 pads?

I've tried a few replacements pads already, the SRH840 and DT250 pads, they all changed the sound, for the worse.

Quote:
so I picked up my X11 turtlebeaches today and looked at them and saw their pads. then I looked at my M50s and was like hmm.. this could work. So I pulled the X11 pads off and tried them on my M50s. if you guys have both then I suggest you try it! I'm gonna keep the x11pads on my M50s cause the M50 pads are very worn. 

Feb 1, 2011 at 7:17 PM Post #10 of 30
Well maybe you should try them out.. only 2 bucks a pop.
I still have to get my M50's and burn them in before testing any pads...
Maybe it will be for the better, maybe for the worse. Someone has to test them..

Mar 7, 2011 at 12:02 AM Post #11 of 30
Hmm...I was gonna DT250 pads for my M50's, but some people say they like the sound of the stock pads better. What do the X11 pads do to the sound?

Mar 9, 2011 at 3:53 AM Post #13 of 30
I ordered 3 sets of different pads from them.  I bet they're wondering why orders for their pads have skyrocketed all of a sudden.  Head-fi has a way of creating sales spikes. 

Mar 10, 2011 at 2:38 AM Post #15 of 30
I didn't get the X11 by mistake I got a couple others, the X41 and X31 pads and I'm not sure which is which but I got one of them to fit though it is tight.  I'm guessing the sound is about the same because I think they're made of the same material.  I don't like the sound, it's a lot brighter and less bass.  I could see some people liking it if that's what they want for their M50.  It's pretty much what I was expecting because they are cloth pads so they don't seal the same way.  They are also thicker which makes a nice soundstage effect, but the clamp is really intense.  Could be remedied by flattening the pads or bending out the headband, but I'm sticking with the stock pads. 

Maybe the X11 pads work better though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back