Has your mom ever forgot your birthday??
Jun 1, 2005 at 1:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

number1sixerfan

Headphoneus Supremus
Well, mine has. I just saw the thread about 450's birthday(Happy birthday!) and it reminded me of last year when my mom forgot my birthday. I woke up and went in the kitchen and she just said, "good morning son, there's your bus money". I didn't even remind her. I wanted to see how long it would last. Well when I got home, I got an apology and it was obvious that someone had to remind her. Is that a shame or what? Mamma don't love me...
icon10.gif

Sorry, just reminiscing a memory.

Jun 1, 2005 at 1:55 AM Post #4 of 31
Most people don't remember by birthday. Probably cuz we don't really celebrate it. (I wish we did, we don't do holidays either damnit) My dad doesn't know it half the time, I think my mom does though. Hell, it got to the point where I didn't. My recent birthday was a month ago, and I honestly had no idea until a girl called me up and said happy birthday. Strange, cuz she rarely ever talks to me, let alone call.
confused.gif

Jun 1, 2005 at 1:59 AM Post #5 of 31
My mom has never forgotten about my birthday, I on the other hand have. It happened one year when I was running a very busy schedule in my life with work and other pesonal business that everyday seemed just like any other day. I didn't realize it was my birthday that year until my mom had wished me a happy birthday.

Jun 1, 2005 at 2:04 AM Post #7 of 31
42 strong and she hasn't missed one yet. I think I may have missed her's once or twice. That's even worse! Usually my sister or one of my brothers will remind me at about 10pm. I'll get this voicemail, "Hey, dip**** you had better call mom... just got off the phone with her."

Jun 1, 2005 at 2:24 AM Post #8 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by number1sixerfan
Well, mine has. I just saw the thread about 450's birthday(Happy birthday!) and it reminded me of last year when my mom forgot my birthday. I woke up and went in the kitchen and she just said, "good morning son, there's your bus money". I didn't even remind her. I wanted to see how long it would last. Well when I got home, I got an apology and it was obvious that someone had to remind her. Is that a shame or what? Mamma don't love me...
icon10.gif

Sorry, just reminiscing a memory.

You went from being short daily bus money to owning a sweet K1000/speaker rig in the span of a year - I'd say all things considered it wasn't such a bad year
biggrin.gif

I don't think my mamma's forgotten my brithday yet (age:26) , but I suppose it's possible that she forgot and later I forgot that she forgot...

Jun 1, 2005 at 2:41 AM Post #10 of 31
nah, mine never forgots. but i do. but then remember the day b4.

Jun 1, 2005 at 2:45 AM Post #11 of 31
When my mom was alive, she never forgot my birthday.

I, however, have forgotten my older son's date of birth (as opposed to his birthday). When his actual birthday comes around, I have never forgotten it (in fact, it is June 7th and I have already bought him an iPod). But there have been occasions when asked the birthdates of my kids and I couldn't remember if his was the 6th or the 7th of June.
rolleyes.gif

Jun 1, 2005 at 3:56 AM Post #13 of 31
She remembered everyone one of them until I was 30.

My old man doesn't know when my birthday is...then again he can't spell my name either...last time I asked him how to spell it, he spelt out my sisters name?!?! wot a meatstick.

number1sixerfan>Don't feel bad about it, I am sure your mum loves you more than you know, I promise.

Jun 1, 2005 at 3:58 AM Post #14 of 31
My mom has never forgotten about my birthday. I did, however, forget about it myself few years back. I had been working an almost-illegal amount of overtime the week leading to my birthday and it seriously did not occur to me that it was my birthday until I received a call from my mom in the morning.

Jun 1, 2005 at 4:10 AM Post #15 of 31
I don't recall my mother ever forgetting mine, but I consistently forget hers. I don't forget my birthday, but I don't really care. It's just an excuse to go to dinner with my parents and sister at this point and has been for years. This year, it was Good Friday, so I had other commitments and things on my mind. In addition to the religious aspects, which can be time-consuming, I always get really busy around Easter. Short answer: no, she hasn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back