Has anyone met their audio goal?
Mar 16, 2008 at 8:44 AM Post #16 of 72
nope, not even close - and it probably it won't be for a long time.
I have no stax setup, decent grado setup, K1000, L3000, W2002, W5000. I don't even have a decent DAC yet.
*sigh*
Some day.

Mar 16, 2008 at 9:25 AM Post #17 of 72
I think I'm at the goal at the moment for my hone setup. I am very happy with the way my music plays through my 0404/XCANv3/HD580s.

The HD414 and HP910 are also great complementary headphones.

But wouldn't mind having even more headphones. A bit greedy maybe...

And I have no great mobile setup.

Mar 16, 2008 at 9:43 AM Post #19 of 72
My audio goals have evolved over time. As far as meeting the latest one, I'm nearly there, just a few final parts to go.

Semi-interested in moving to electrostatic which is what I plan to use CanJam '08 for, to find out how great it really is.

Mar 16, 2008 at 11:42 AM Post #21 of 72
Maybe I'm thinking too much.....

Goal 1:
CA 840c, a balanced amp (probably a CK2III), RS-2 or HD650

and then Goal 2: STAX

and then Goal 3: a Vinyl rig

and then Goal 4: speaker rig.....

Mar 16, 2008 at 3:00 PM Post #25 of 72
Yes, and for a lot less $ than I thought.....but for me, value is always a factor in the equation!

0404 USB/Marantz SA8001>CK²III>HD600's.

When I listen to other rigs at meets, for instance, they might sound different, but "distinctly better"...well, maybe, maybe not.

I'm convinced that for now, the cost to get anything substantially better would be out of proportion to the added enjoyment that I would receive.......so now I should spend my hobby money on music, not on gear.

Mar 16, 2008 at 4:54 PM Post #27 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by sejarzo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When I listen to other rigs at meets, for instance, they might sound different, but "distinctly better"...well, maybe, maybe not.

When I listen to other people's stuff at meets now, I just confirm the fact that I've already found what I wanted.

Mar 16, 2008 at 5:34 PM Post #28 of 72
Looking for a new amp like the ZD or Singlepower, and maybe try the GS1000. After that, I hope to settle with what I have, knowing I have a very good setup, and as good as it gets within my budget.

Mar 16, 2008 at 9:20 PM Post #30 of 72
As it has been said so many times, it's not about the goal. It is about the journey.

To listen to many headphones, most of the time getting something new from your music with each one of them, while learning about your sound signature preferences and tastes, shaping where do you want to go next and always hoping for the next best thing while enjoying your present setup that keeps improving over the years.

And making some friends along the way, of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back