Has anyone heard of Periapt cables?
Aug 2, 2019 at 12:16 PM Post #46 of 121
My experience with Periapt was tepid. I had reached out to them to ask if they could build me a cable for my first generation (version 1) HE-560s with the mini coax connectors. I was instructed to order the type 2 cable (advertised as 2.5mm) terminated with 4pin XLR. Given I was quite clear in my description of what I needed I proceeded believing that the instructions were a means to get the correct pricing in place and that Periapt were going to add the coax as requested. I thought it prudent to remind in the order notes that this cable was meant for the first gen HE-560's with twist on mini coax connectors. A few weeks later I received a well built cable with 2.5mm ends! I reached out to them to let them know of their mistake and received a message with an apology and a request to "allow us to attempt to resolve this issue and further figure out how exactly this happened". It was pretty black and white on my part ... they did not read or chose to ignore my instructions. Worse they highlighted the instructions on the invoice printed it off and included it in the package. After not getting back to me quickly I decided to open a complaint with PayPal to formalise my grievance and to ensure a full refund. I communicated to them that I wished to return the cable and receive the one I had ordered. Within an hour, Preiapt gave me a second apology and refunded my money. I sent two additional emails letting them know that the refund was my second choice and that I still wanted to return the cable and get the one I ordered. Crickets ... no response from Periapt in over two weeks.

The cable they sent is on sale ... and I ordered a new one from a competitor.

No loss I suppose. Except I will likely not order from them again nor will I endorse the company.

I've actually just been emailing back and forth with some one from Periapt about getting a cable for my HD6XX with a 2.5mm balance plug and a custom cable colour. Now that I read your experience I'm second guessing going through with the purchase. I can get the cable I want from a UK company named CustomCans but it would cost about twice as much money including shipping to Canada.

Aug 2, 2019 at 1:02 PM Post #47 of 121
The cable sent does look and feel like a good quality cable. Definitely better than what can from Hifiman. This said you could also try Hivemind cables which is a Canadian company. Abbit pricy asbwell but Canadian made! I ended up getting a cable from ebay.

If you are lookin for an XLR cable... I have one for sale:wink:

Aug 2, 2019 at 1:32 PM Post #48 of 121
I have been using their cable between my LCD-2C and my TH-X00 for around a year and wanted to update that after extended use not sure if I can recommend using their cables. Unless they changed their splitter part, that part appears to start destroying the cable. The part where the sleeved cable goes into the headphone got ate up by the splitter thing and is starting to wear down into the wire. This is also from near daily use for long periods of time so YMMV but I am disappointed that it is wearing down so soon.

Aug 3, 2019 at 11:28 AM Post #49 of 121
The cable sent does look and feel like a good quality cable. Definitely better than what can from Hifiman. This said you could also try Hivemind cables which is a Canadian company. Abbit pricy asbwell but Canadian made! I ended up getting a cable from ebay.

If you are lookin for an XLR cable... I have one for sale:wink:

I checked out the Hivemind website. Seems to have nice cables. However when I was looking at the options (see photo below) I'm confused about what the different splitters are and "post split style". Would you happen to know?

Screen Shot 2019-08-02 at 11.42.41 PM.png

Aug 3, 2019 at 12:18 PM Post #50 of 121
I ended up going the cheap route spending about $100 on these and didn't go with Hivemind as the cable would have been double. I was also a bit concerned of their almost zero online presence ... most posts or feedback regarding the company stopped around 2017. This said I did reach out and was promptly responded to.

I've added pics below of the splitters I can discern.

The post split detail refers to how you want your cable dressed after the splitter either no change (same cover as what is used before split),
Hydra Style (nylon sheath as depicted on the Hydra cable), or Chroma Soundweaver (paracord included on the soundweavher cable). They also offer a thicker paracord if you are looking for that.

IMHO most of the cable treatment and splitter details are mostly aesthetic ... some may actually make things worse like having a big ass Viablue splitter dangling around your neck. Reach out to the company if you have any questions though.

Again. I have no affiliation with either Paricord or Hivemind and do not endorse the products. I'm simply a cheap guy who just purchased a Chinese cable from Ebay for my HE560's.

Carbon Fiber Mini
minicarbon.jpg

Viablue
viablue.jpg

Heat Shrink
heatshrink.jpg

Attachments

• heatshrink.jpg
    heatshrink.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 0
Aug 3, 2019 at 12:18 PM Post #51 of 121
My experience with Periapt was tepid. I had reached out to them to ask if they could build me a cable for my first generation (version 1) HE-560s with the mini coax connectors. I was instructed to order the type 2 cable (advertised as 2.5mm) terminated with 4pin XLR. Given I was quite clear in my description of what I needed I proceeded believing that the instructions were a means to get the correct pricing in place and that Periapt were going to add the coax as requested. I thought it prudent to remind in the order notes that this cable was meant for the first gen HE-560's with twist on mini coax connectors. A few weeks later I received a well built cable with 2.5mm ends! I reached out to them to let them know of their mistake and received a message with an apology and a request to "allow us to attempt to resolve this issue and further figure out how exactly this happened". It was pretty black and white on my part ... they did not read or chose to ignore my instructions. Worse they highlighted the instructions on the invoice printed it off and included it in the package. After not getting back to me quickly I decided to open a complaint with PayPal to formalise my grievance and to ensure a full refund. I communicated to them that I wished to return the cable and receive the one I had ordered. Within an hour, Preiapt gave me a second apology and refunded my money. I sent two additional emails letting them know that the refund was my second choice and that I still wanted to return the cable and get the one I ordered. Crickets ... no response from Periapt in over two weeks.

The cable they sent is on sale ... and I ordered a new one from a competitor.

No loss I suppose. Except I will likely not order from them again nor will I endorse the company.

Hello, I am one of the owners of Periapt cable brand. I'm sorry you had a less then perfect experience. Some of our employees were not familiar with HIFIMAN's legacy connector. Unfortunately it is not a connector we carry anymore do to issues with that screw on connector and it is something we only do on special request. You did make a request, but we had a total miscommunication on our part; at several different levels and again we are very sorry about that. I will make sure we learn from your negative experience to improve our customer service.

I suppose the confusion was that you decided to get PAYPAL involved immediately. Based off what my team has told me and the email communications it was their impression that you wanted a refund only. It shows that you made us aware of the issue on 7-8-19. Our customer Service rep responded 7-9-19 apologized and acquired about next steps. You responded back to us 7-11-19 "saying its no issue as long as we can make it right", and stated the two options. Remake, or refund. Then a few hours later on 7-11-19 we received a refund request directly from PayPal. So we assumed you wanted a refund. So we granted said refund, and sent you an apology letter. I'm not seeing anything beyond that on our side as far as communications.

That said if you want us to make you another one, we will. We can do it at no charge. I will contact you directly and personally handle it. I have sent you an email directly in case you don't see this.

Thanks

Matt M.

PS. I'm a big TOOL fan and looking forward to the end of this month .

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2019 at 12:29 PM Post #52 of 121
I have been using their cable between my LCD-2C and my TH-X00 for around a year and wanted to update that after extended use not sure if I can recommend using their cables. Unless they changed their splitter part, that part appears to start destroying the cable. The part where the sleeved cable goes into the headphone got ate up by the splitter thing and is starting to wear down into the wire. This is also from near daily use for long periods of time so YMMV but I am disappointed that it is wearing down so soon.

Here is what they sent me 2 weeks ago. The splitter seems to be 3D printed and covered in heat
IMG_20190803_122041.jpg
IMG_20190803_122133.jpg
shrink.

Attachments

• IMG_20190803_122041.jpg
    IMG_20190803_122041.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20190803_122133.jpg
    IMG_20190803_122133.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Aug 3, 2019 at 12:44 PM Post #53 of 121
Hello, I am one of the owners of Periapt cable brand. I'm sorry you had a less then perfect experience. Some of our employees were not familiar with HIFIMAN's legacy connector. Unfortunately it is not a connector we carry anymore do to issues with that screw on connector and it is something we only do on special request. You did make a request, but we had a total miscommunication on our part; at several different levels and again we are very sorry about that. I will make sure we learn from your negative experience to improve our customer service.

I suppose the confusion was that you decided to get PAYPAL involved immediately. Based off what my team has told me and the email communications it was their impression that you wanted a refund only. It shows that you made us aware of the issue on 7-8-19. Our customer Service rep responded 7-9-19 apologized and acquired about next steps. You responded back to us 7-11-19 "saying its no issue as long as we can make it right", and stated the two options. Remake, or refund. Then a few hours later on 7-11-19 we received a refund request directly from PayPal. So we assumed you wanted a refund. So we granted said refund, and sent you an apology letter. I'm not seeing anything beyond that on our side as far as communications.

That said if you want us to make you another one, we will. We can do it at no charge. I will contact you directly and personally handle it. I have sent you an email directly in case you don't see this.

Thanks

Matt M.

PS. I'm a big TOOL fan and looking forward to the end of this month .

Hi Matt,
It is unfortunate especially considering you are able to provide me the requested cable after all.

Aug 3, 2019 at 1:32 PM Post #56 of 121
Here is what they sent me 2 weeks ago. The splitter seems to be 3D printed and covered in heat shrink.

Yeah that is the splitter mine has. It was a great cable but then the splitter seems to be eating the cable on one side where it terminates into the headphones. I have it at work currently and will snap up pics when i get back into office.

Aug 3, 2019 at 10:49 PM Post #57 of 121
Okay. Well sorry this didn't work out. I will use this feedback to help improve our process.

Thanks again

Matt M.

Hi Matt,
I really do appreciate you reaching out to me and offering some sort of solution. I just want you to understand how frustrating my experience was trying to deal with your team. From my end, all communication was with Taariq (not sure if this is an actual person or a handle used by many). I simply cannot think of any way that I could have expressed myself any more clearer. I first reached out to Periapt before placing my order to ask if you could make the cable as you did not advertise it on your website. I reiterated what I needed in the order notes when placing the order. Surely this should have raised a flag if there was a problem. Someone from Periapt even printed our my note and highlighted it before putting it into the same box the errant cable was shipped in. Three opportunities to catch the mistake. No? Still, crap happens even to the best of us. I measure a company's customer service by how it owns its mistakes and stands behind its products. Some would go further and argue that a company should take ownership of a problem even if the mistake lies with the customer. I do not subscribe to this belief. In my case it is clear that your team messed up but instead of immediately owning up to it and informing that they were going to put a rush on a new cable for me ... you needed to investigate. This is not an unreasonable position for Periapt to take. I'm OK with you looking after your best interests and waiting for your investigation to be completed. But while I wait I felt it prudent to protect my interest and recorded the issue with PayPal's resolution centre. As I'm sure you are aware, PayPal's resolution process advocates both replacement OR refund. I clearly requested a replacement and a refund only if a replacement could not be provided. Again whoever dealt with this case completely dismissed my request and went ahead to process the refund ... with yet another apology. No explanation. Just here is your money ... please let us know if you have trouble getting it. Unfortunately you are going to have to take my work on this since the claim was closed after the refund. I was beside myself. I still need a cable and I still don't know if Periapt can build it. 4 weeks without music I email your company one last time. Can you make the cable? Do you want the errant one? No response. Go pound salt ... effectively?

Matt, I am annoyed to learn that you can indeed make me the cable I need. I could not have been any more clear with my requests .... mini coax ..... replace not refund but your team simply don't listen ( or read)! I appreciate your offer for a free cable but your company has already provided me with one. You are welcome to have it back as I'm not looking for any free rides here. A private email would have been a better place to reach out to me instead of this clear attempt of PR image control. I just wanted to replace my broken, piece of crap hifiman, dumb screw on mini coax connectors from hell, so that I can enjoy Tool's new album!

EDIT: I did receive a private message from Matt .... the PR line was uncalled for. I sincerely apologise for my attack. It was not justified.

Know what I mean?

Sorry I'm pissed ... but I'll get over it.

If you took the time to read to here ... thanks for letting me vent.

Cheers
Sam

P.S. here is my last email to your team: Edit: Removed link as Matt already had the email.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2019 at 1:02 AM Post #58 of 121
Hi Matt,
I really do appreciate you reaching out to me and offering some sort of solution. I just want you to understand how frustrating my experience was trying to deal with your team. From my end, all communication was with Taariq (not sure if this is an actual person or a handle used by many). I simply cannot think of any way that I could have expressed myself any more clearer. I first reached out to Periapt before placing my order to ask if you could make the cable as you did not advertise it on your website. I reiterated what I needed in the order notes when placing the order. Surely this should have raised a flag if there was a problem. Someone from Periapt even printed our my note and highlighted it before putting it into the same box the errant cable was shipped in. Three opportunities to catch the mistake. No? Still, crap happens even to the best of us. I measure a company's customer service by how it owns its mistakes and stands behind its products. Some would go further and argue that a company should take ownership of a problem even if the mistake lies with the customer. I do not subscribe to this belief. In my case it is clear that your team messed up but instead of immediately owning up to it and informing that they were going to put a rush on a new cable for me ... you needed to investigate. This is not an unreasonable position for Periapt to take. I'm OK with you looking after your best interests and waiting for your investigation to be completed. But while I wait I felt it prudent to protect my interest and recorded the issue with PayPal's resolution centre. As I'm sure you are aware, PayPal's resolution process advocates both replacement OR refund. I clearly requested a replacement and a refund only if a replacement could not be provided. Again whoever dealt with this case completely dismissed my request and went ahead to process the refund ... with yet another apology. No explanation. Just here is your money ... please let us know if you have trouble getting it. Unfortunately you are going to have to take my work on this since the claim was closed after the refund. I was beside myself. I still need a cable and I still don't know if Periapt can build it. 4 weeks without music I email your company one last time. Can you make the cable? Do you want the errant one? No response. Go pound salt ... effectively?

Matt, I am annoyed to learn that you can indeed make me the cable I need. I could not have been any more clear with my requests .... mini coax ..... replace not refund but your team simply don't listen ( or read)! I appreciate your offer for a free cable but your company has already provided me with one. You are welcome to have it back as I'm not looking for any free rides here. A private email would have been a better place to reach out to me instead of this clear attempt of PR image control. I just wanted to replace my broken, piece of crap hifiman, dumb screw on mini coax connectors from hell, so that I can enjoy Tool's new album!

EDIT: I did receive a private message from Matt .... the PR line was uncalled for. I sincerely apologise for my attack. It was not justified.

Know what I mean?

Sorry I'm pissed ... but I'll get over it.

If you took the time to read to here ... thanks for letting me vent.

Cheers
Sam

P.S. here is my last email to your team: Edit: Removed link as Matt already had the email.
Your right, we totally mishandled this one. I have responded to your email.

Aug 4, 2019 at 1:15 AM Post #59 of 121
Yeah that is the splitter mine has. It was a great cable but then the splitter seems to be eating the cable on one side where it terminates into the headphones. I have it at work currently and will snap up pics when i get back into office.
Since Matt obviously looks at the thread, you might send him/them a photo of your cable and let them take a look...

Aug 4, 2019 at 11:13 PM Post #60 of 121
Guess I won't be going through with a Periapt cable. Someone else here mentioned an email exchange with a person at Periapt named Taariq. I was talking with that person as well. I'd rather not pay good money and end up with a screwed up order. I'll keep looking around for other options.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back