Has anyone heard of Periapt cables?
Aug 5, 2019 at 3:17 PM Post #61 of 121
Guess I won't be going through with a Periapt cable. Someone else here mentioned an email exchange with a person at Periapt named Taariq. I was talking with that person as well. I'd rather not pay good money and end up with a screwed up order. I'll keep looking around for other options.

Hey MacMan31,
I just wanted to give you and the rest of the forum a followup. Matt did indeed reach out to me privately and was genuinely concerned about my experience. After messaging me, he personally went into the shop (on a weekend), built me a new cable to spec, offered additional customisation options and was to ship the cable today. He is a stand up guy and has more than made up for any missteps others may have made in the company in servicing my order. I am thoroughly impressed and found him to be very sincere.

The errant cable sent to me seemed like a great cable ... especially for the money.
I expect the new cable being sent will be of similar calibre.
I did receive a full refund for the original order and the second is being sent to me for free.
That is two cables for the price of $0.00 .... I certainly never go screwed.

Mistakes happen .... sometimes a series of mistakes but what is important here is that Periapt owned up to them and went well beyond what was necessary to make it right for me. Knowing what I know now regarding the character of the ownership of this company I have ZERO reservations recommending their cables. You literally have nothing to lose and a only a very decent cable to gain. I'm sure that Matt will look into and put in place mechanisms to avoid what happened with me from happening again. More importantly, Matt has demonstrated that he will do whatever he can to look after his customers.

If I remember correctly you are a fellow Canuck .... so all said and done the cable will cost you around $100 CAD. I have not been able to find a better custom cable for this price .... period.

Periapt will be my goto cable company for all my future HiFi needs.

Cheers
Sam

Aug 5, 2019 at 3:28 PM Post #62 of 121
I also want to add to this and state that Periapt seems like a decent company. After I purchased my cable for the Audioquest Nightowl and complained about microphonics here, Taariq rechead out to me privately (no PR play) and they provided an experimental non-microphonic cable to try. Is it perfect? No, but I have two decent cables now and there is no doubt that this is a company that cares to get it right for their customers, even if mistakes happen.

Aug 5, 2019 at 3:48 PM Post #63 of 121
I also want to add to this and state that Periapt seems like a decent company. After I purchased my cable for the Audioquest Nightowl and complained about microphonics here, Taariq rechead out to me privately (no PR play) and they provided an experimental non-microphonic cable to try. Is it perfect? No, but I have two decent cables now and there is no doubt that this is a company that cares to get it right for their customers, even if mistakes happen.
I agree completely. Any company that obviously cares and goes the extra mile is worth a look. And as someone mentioned in the past week here, it’s not how you handle the routine perfection, it’s how you deal with the inevitable screwup. We’re all human, and mistakes happen. Sounds to me like Matt and company are willing to fix their oopses, and best yet, willing to learn from them. I really like my cables from them, and as more/different needs (and cans!) arrive, I’ll be ordering from them again.

Aug 5, 2019 at 3:51 PM Post #64 of 121
In any case I was looking to get a cable for my HD6XX with a 2.5mm balance connector for my Fiio K3. Currently I'm using an adapter going from 4 pin XLR to 2.5mm but now I'm only getting audio out of the right side. No issues with the standard cable with 3.5mm connector.

Oct 16, 2019 at 3:57 PM Post #65 of 121
Hmmm, I just bought a 7ft Periapt 4-pin mini XLR to 1/4" for my Audeze LCD-2C, and at first listen, it seems that the mids have become a little too loose, maybe even a bit more congested. I'd have to really A/B with the stock cables a bit more, and even let the cables burn in a bit, too. Hopefully it'll tighten up since some female vocals are starting to sound a bit congested and even harsher at certain register

Oct 17, 2019 at 9:41 PM Post #66 of 121
20191017_183841.jpg
Hmmm, I just bought a 7ft Periapt 4-pin mini XLR to 1/4" for my Audeze LCD-2C, and at first listen, it seems that the mids have become a little too loose, maybe even a bit more congested. I'd have to really A/B with the stock cables a bit more, and even let the cables burn in a bit, too. Hopefully it'll tighten up since some female vocals are starting to sound a bit congested and even harsher at certain register

UPDATE: Well the good news is that after a day's worth of burning in, the mids have tightened up and the issues I had before have largely disappeared. I'd say compared to the stock Audeze cable, these are pretty close in sound now, but of course I have a nicer, sturdier, longer cable in beautiful red.

Thanks!

Oct 18, 2019 at 12:42 AM Post #67 of 121

UPDATE: Well the good news is that after a day's worth of burning in, the mids have tightened up and the issues I had before have largely disappeared. I'd say compared to the stock Audeze cable, these are pretty close in sound now, but of course I have a nicer, sturdier, longer cable in beautiful red.

Thanks!
Glad it’s improved! I really like those guys in Wichita - really nice cables at reasonable cost. Nice folks, too!

Dec 22, 2019 at 10:19 PM Post #70 of 121
I have Periapt XLR cables for my HE4XX (Blue) and HD6XX (Red). I like them, they are well made. I am not a believer in the supposed sonic characteristics claimed by some boutique companies and consumers, so a quality reasonably priced cable is right up my alley.

Dec 26, 2019 at 6:55 AM Post #71 of 121
I thought I'd post about my most recent experience with these very cool and understanding guys in Kansas:

I purchased a set of HIFIMAN HE-500s that came with a custom Best In Verse balanced cable which used the old SMC connectors. Trying to save some money (as at the moment things are pretty tight for me and my little family), I ordered a couple of mini XLR connectors so I could reterminate the cable for use with my Audeze and ZMF cans. I have practically zero soldering experience so far, and ended up with a cable that had sound through one ear only because I got impatient. So I messaged Taariq at Periapt and asked if they might be able to help me fix this. Even though I'm pretty sure it's not their policy to fix cables other than their own, they agreed to fix my idiotic screw-up thankfully. My cable was fixed very professionally and quickly, and shipped back just as fast. Now I have a working balanced cable for both of my main cans finally. Thanks so much for the help, guys!!!

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2020 at 1:06 AM Post #72 of 121
Just bought an XLR to double 3.5mm cable in a custom purple for my Focal Elex. This custom order shipped in less than a week and was at my door 2 days after that. Taariq was very friendly/helpful. Unbeatable cable for the price/turnaround time, so couldn't be happier.

Jun 17, 2020 at 9:21 PM Post #73 of 121
I'm sorry if I missed it but does anyone know if periapt is planning on making 4.4mm pentaconn compatibility with their cables? I wanted some 4.4 terminated cables for my 6xx

Jun 17, 2020 at 11:21 PM Post #74 of 121
I'm sorry if I missed it but does anyone know if periapt is planning on making 4.4mm pentaconn compatibility with their cables? I wanted some 4.4 terminated cables for my 6xx
Just ask them. If they can, pretty sure they will... nice folks, they are!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back