Has Anybody Seen This Sony MDR-R10 Review?
Jul 26, 2011 at 10:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

ssrock64

Headphoneus Supremus
I found this on Amazon, for the $4000+ MDR-R10. I found it funny. You can find the full page here. Anyways...here's the review I've been awkward in bringing about:

"First off, I was perplexed to see that Amazon placed this product in their "electronics" section and became increasingly befuddled that people have been reviewing the MDR-R10 as headphones. People: I'm 99% sure this is a paperweight. 

With that out of the way, I give the MDR-R10 an Amazon "5-star" rating with the utmost confidence. Not only can this hold down two separate stacks of paper (if the stacks are close enough together to be under the twin polished-wood 'lumps'), but various other papers that are scattered around a desk will be held down (albeit somewhat less effectively) by the attached 10' rubber chord which terminates with another bonus(!), separate(!), over sized, plug-shaped weight. I have found a neat trick to make the chord and bonus weight more effective: run it over the top of the paper twice, perpendicularly, and the MDR-R10's will definitely keep those pesky papers down without them floating away in the breeze. 

Before I got the MDR-R10, I was using an extra box of staples my wife accidentally purchased (Staples, 1/4" Length, Full Strip, 210 Staples/Strip, 5000/Box SWI35108) as a paper weight and found them grossly inadequate. For all the reasons I've listed and more, as a paperweight the MDR-R10 blows away the box of staples (not to mention every other paperweight I've used) in all ways possible. Perhaps it's not a fair comparison; the box of staples, unlike the MDR-R10, is not designed as a paperweight, but irregardless, the box of staples was COMPLETELY out classed! 

As I'm writing this review, my wife just now reminded me that we also use the MDR-R10 as a doorstop. This is ridiculous; I mean, is there anything the MDR-R10 can't do?!?! 

Conclusion: this product is a VERY effective and dynamic paperweight (and also doorstop!), and the price of the MDR-R10 is more than justified. 

**Update: I have just confirmed this as a paperweight, as the "plug" won't fit into my iPod Shuffle OR my Zune.**"

Jul 26, 2011 at 12:12 PM Post #2 of 6

Quote:
**Update: I have just confirmed this as a paperweight, as the "plug" won't fit into my iPod Shuffle OR my Zune.**"

Jul 26, 2011 at 1:13 PM Post #4 of 6

Quote:
lmao

I think this man just wasted his money. I wish he would sell it to me.
biggrin.gif

You don't have to buy from Amazon to make a review. 
tongue_smile.gif

Jul 26, 2011 at 9:11 PM Post #5 of 6
Pretty funny. lol

Jul 27, 2011 at 2:37 PM Post #6 of 6
Here's another interesting one.

Quote:
All my life I'm been unattractive to women. I've tried everything in an effort to get the chicks. However, dressing like Harry Potter, buying a wicked Ford Focus, getting a job as a computer programmer, and learning to play the harp all failed to deliver on their promise of converting me into a babe magnet. Nothing worked until I bought these headphones. Now the lovely ladies are swarming to me. They are worth every penny.

R10s, the babe magnet.  Who knew?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back