Hard protective case for my Shure SRH840's
Jul 24, 2011 at 3:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

droido256

500+ Head-Fier
Hello Im a proud new owner of a pair of Shure SRh840's, and while the case that it comes with is...ok I'd much rather have better travel protection for them. The whole fold up mechanism is a bit new to me, as I never tried folding up the sony v6's, and the K701's are really my only other high end can, which has their own stand and due to their power hunger dont really go very many places but home. I treat the 840's like a baby because they are my favorites, and also sound sooooooo good, and Im looking for like a latch down case with padding inside that well protect the unit from shock, and damage without having to fold them up, I folded them up according to shure's directions, and Im kind of uneasy about the earpads pressed against each other like they are. LOL laugh I know, Im picky about taking good care of them, but these are def my fav cans. I couldnt find a hard case accessory from shure, just the pleather bag. Would a 3rd party have a good, and well made hard case for them?
Thanks!
Droido

Jul 24, 2011 at 3:43 AM Post #2 of 7

Quote:
Hello Im a proud new owner of a pair of Shure SRh840's, and while the case that it comes with is...ok I'd much rather have better travel protection for them. The whole fold up mechanism is a bit new to me, as I never tried folding up the sony v6's, and the K701's are really my only other high end can, which has their own stand and due to their power hunger dont really go very many places but home. I treat the 840's like a baby because they are my favorites, and also sound sooooooo good, and Im looking for like a latch down case with padding inside that well protect the unit from shock, and damage without having to fold them up, I folded them up according to shure's directions, and Im kind of uneasy about the earpads pressed against each other like they are. LOL laugh I know, Im picky about taking good care of them, but these are def my fav cans. I couldnt find a hard case accessory from shure, just the pleather bag. Would a 3rd party have a good, and well made hard case for them?
Thanks!
Droido

Don't buy "official" cases or mystery cases online for you headphones

Take them into Walmart and look around. You'll probably find a nice Camera Bag you can stuff them into

Also, Hardcases are worse then Soft. Go for padding rather then stiffness

Jul 24, 2011 at 3:59 AM Post #3 of 7
dude funnily enough i fold my shure srh840 up they same way you fold the beats studios. i tuck one earphone into the headband and rest the other on top of the first earphone. then i put them in the bag.

Jul 24, 2011 at 4:08 AM Post #4 of 7
I'm sure you could find a hard square type box/chest thing to buy for the SRH 840.
Or possibly make one.

Or you could buy a headphone hardcase like this one actually for headphones.

http://north-america.beyerdynamic.com/shop/hah/accessories/aluminium-transport-bag-for-t1.html

Jul 24, 2011 at 4:10 AM Post #5 of 7
the 840s fit pretty nicely into the beyerdynamic softcase thing that the 770/880/990 comes with

Jul 24, 2011 at 4:19 AM Post #6 of 7
Awesome, thanks guys for the suggestions :) ill check these ideas out :D
beyersmile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back