Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit
Aug 10, 2017 at 9:46 PM Post #3,406 of 4,588
send tech at Schiit a email...they have good support
Terrible support as usual, they just don't care. Last time I complained about huge DC offset on Fulla2's HO in the 16mV region and they told me that it's normal
damienm.gif

Now their advice is to install ASIO4ALL, I might as well call my 10yo nephew for this level of technical expertise.

I've had the same experience with the drivers as well, but just stuck with the alternate 1.03 driver because it still seems to work and sound great.
Thanks for the confirmation, if a few hundred people whine about their 1.16 W7 drivers that refuse to install with Mimby, maybe they'll do something about it
sanglier.gif

Lucky me I also got a Uber so I can install the 1.16 drivers and get native ASIO with Mimby, as usual when bang/bucks is stellar support is extremely poor. I would certainly never buy anything costing more than $250 with such schiit support.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2017 at 11:25 PM Post #3,407 of 4,588
I've had nothing but good experience with schiit support and from what I've seen following the many different schiit threads for several years is that good support is the norm and bad experiences seem quite rare.

Aug 11, 2017 at 12:13 AM Post #3,408 of 4,588
Schitt has reasonably good tech support. It's not the best support in the world but it's certainly not "terrible".

Aug 11, 2017 at 2:41 AM Post #3,410 of 4,588
..as for people not hearing any difference between Mimby & Modi 2 Uber, it's never too late to switch hobbies I guess
ticento.gif

No. Those people will need to spend a lot less on this hobby than those of us that have, or think we have, more golden ears. I wish I heard no difference between my Mimby and Yggdrasil!

Aug 11, 2017 at 10:32 PM Post #3,414 of 4,588
I didn't find any appreciable difference between the mimby or modi 2U
And from looking up your posting history, that's with LCD-2, HE-560 and Magni 2 Uber? Tried other headamps? And you were feeding FLAC via ASIO/WASAPI?

I'll give you that I ran my shoot-out with better PSU's both for the DAC itself & USB chip.

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2017 at 8:26 AM Post #3,416 of 4,588
I game a lot as well as listen to music..would the mimby cause and weird latency issues for gaming? I saw a reddit post with a bunch of math on it but I tend to take most stuff I read on the internet with a grain of salt especially reddit.....so I feel like it's probably BS.

Aug 15, 2017 at 9:36 AM Post #3,417 of 4,588
I game a lot as well as listen to music..would the mimby cause and weird latency issues for gaming? I saw a reddit post with a bunch of math on it but I tend to take most stuff I read on the internet with a grain of salt especially reddit.....so I feel like it's probably BS.

There's no noticeable lag or delay in audio from my Mimby using coax, usb or toslink while gaming, listening to music or watching videos. I am extremely sensitive to audio delays so I feel confident saying its not a problem.

Aug 15, 2017 at 11:57 AM Post #3,418 of 4,588
if you're an input lag nutcase with a lag-free CRT video display you might be annoyed by the USB latency but that would hardly be one or two frames at 60fps I think, for what it's worth movies lipsync is fine with a 28ms input lag Samsung TV in non-game mode.

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2017 at 12:46 PM Post #3,419 of 4,588
I play a ton of FPS games so I can be a bit of a nutcase about lag yeah lol..but also no I don't get super crazy about it...like no I don't use a CRT, thats crazy. I would assume the USB lag from something like a minby should be similar to any other USB device id be using right? If so I'm not going to notice it. Right now I use a JDS element, sort of regretting that as of late, via USB and I have no perceptible lag issues.

Like I said I figured it was BS. Im sure the guy saw some numbers and made a ton of assumptions about stuff he really knows nothing about.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back