Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit
Aug 18, 2016 at 3:00 PM Post #649 of 4,588
Anyone here have Mimby, Gumby, and Yiggy who can compare in detailed fashion?

Aug 18, 2016 at 5:16 PM Post #650 of 4,588
  I was just wondering, I have a Fostex TH-600 and a Schiit Vali without any DAC, would it be worth it going for the new Multibit? Or would the normal Modi suffice? Is there a (noticable) difference?

yeah, I think given your music preferences and your TH600, the multibit is going to still have the great treble your music needs, but without it being as ice pick piercing.  That's the great benefit of the multibit, it doesn't have to roll off the treble to be smooth, you can have elevated treble AND have it not be fatiguing.

Aug 18, 2016 at 5:18 PM Post #651 of 4,588
I was just wondering, I have a Fostex TH-600 and a Schiit Vali without any DAC, would it be worth it going for the new Multibit? Or would the normal Modi suffice? Is there a (noticable) difference?

I use my TH-X00 with my Vali 2. Until 2 weeks ago it was hooked up to a Modi 2, then I got the Modi Multibit and the difference is very noticeable. The biggest differences I noticed were in the separation and the clarity.

Aug 18, 2016 at 5:25 PM Post #652 of 4,588
How does it compare with standard modi2?

Enviado desde mi GT-I9300 mediante Tapatalk

I use my TH-X00 with my Vali 2. Until 2 weeks ago it was hooked up to a Modi 2, then I got the Modi Multibit and the difference is very noticeable. The biggest differences I noticed were in the separation and the clarity.

Aug 18, 2016 at 5:53 PM Post #653 of 4,588

yeah, I think given your music preferences and your TH600, the multibit is going to still have the great treble your music needs, but without it being as ice pick piercing.  That's the great benefit of the multibit, it doesn't have to roll off the treble to be smooth, you can have elevated treble AND have it not be fatiguing.

Sounds great! I'll have to wait until Schiit Europe (Sonority Audio, the dealer for the Netherlands) has one in stock... Seems like they expect one next week. Gives me some time to think about it too (although I think I've gone without a DAC for too long)...

Aug 18, 2016 at 10:37 PM Post #657 of 4,588
Been wondering about the accessories of the modi multibit? Such as USB cable, etc.?

Errm, none You supply your own USB and RCA.

Per Schiit's specifications, USB must be USB 2.0 (NOT 3.0), and 2m or less.

Aug 18, 2016 at 11:25 PM Post #659 of 4,588
Anyone have a bright HP ( highs emphasis ) hook up with multibits dac? Was wondering whether the smoothness of multibit go hand in hand with it compared to DS dac?

Aug 19, 2016 at 1:35 AM Post #660 of 4,588
Anyone have a bright HP ( highs emphasis ) hook up with multibits dac? Was wondering whether the smoothness of multibit go hand in hand with it compared to DS dac?

If I understand what you're asking...the HD 800 (original) is considered bright by some. And the Beyerdynamic T1 (original) can produce hard, almost shrill byproducts when driven hard (say above 83dBA - pink noise calibrated - with my pair and ears). Although I prefer my LCD2.1 and 3F for general listening, I appreciate the HD 800 for some material. There it can leave the 3F and 2.1 in the dust. As for the T1, I had given up on it...

I haven't listened much to the HD 800 since getting Yggdrasil but Yggy's ability to replace shrill/tinny/screeching high notes with hearing-into-the-inner-detail plays superbly to the 800's strengths IMHO.

As for the T1...it sounds like a completely different hp. Yggy's bass speed and detail shows out really well - I know that's not what you're asking - and the high-notes shrillness is pretty much gone.

These observations are in comparison to several DS dacs on hand (e.g. BMC PureDAC, original Eastern Electric MiniMax). Yggy is the only MB type DAC I've heard, hence all this is FWIW, TME, BBQ etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back