Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit
Sep 13, 2017 at 10:25 AM Post #3,466 of 4,588
Make the case bigger, go dual-PCB with a daughter board for USB, I don't care
I'm not keen on blowing $600 on a DAC that'll become obsolete next year and then require a +$150 upgrade to keep up and I've grown tired of having audiophool crap cluttering my desk. Mimiby's sitting right behind the PC for USB>RCA and sounds amazing, I'm sold
l0ser.gif

They already make a Mimby with Gen 5 in a bigger chassis, its called Bifrost.

Sep 13, 2017 at 11:00 AM Post #3,469 of 4,588
Why do I always have to sound like a broken record when asking for a Gen5 Mimby(that is prone to show up soon or later anyways). Eitr uses a S/PDIF middle-man, I want USB > I²S. I'm entirely willing to believe that Eitr is the shiznit for USB>S/PDIF but as Obama said it's like winning the special olympics: https://www.gearslutz.com/board/1788545-post2.html

My request was directed to Baldr in case that wasn't clear enough, thank you all for your valuable time.

Sep 13, 2017 at 11:22 AM Post #3,470 of 4,588
My request was directed to Baldr in case that wasn't clear enough, thank you all for your valuable time.

Baldr already said there will not be a Gen 5 Mimby. I guess you don't want to hear that so you ignore it. But it doesn't change what Baldr said...

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2017 at 11:26 AM Post #3,471 of 4,588
[QUOTE="leeperry, post: 13719832, member: 11208]My request was directed to Baldr in case that wasn't clear enough, thank you all for your valuable time.

Baldr already said there will not be a Gen 5 Mimby. I guess you don't want to hear that so you ignore it. But it doesn't change what Baldr said...[/QUOTE]
he can maybe put a better usb derivated from gen5.....in next release

Sep 13, 2017 at 11:29 AM Post #3,472 of 4,588
Baldr already said there will not be a Gen 5 Mimby. I guess you don't want to hear that so you ignore it. But it doesn't change what Baldr said.

Right, thank you so much for pointing this out, I sincerely appreciate the gesture and I certainly believe that you are a true asset to this thread. I really do. Blabering aside, I was mostly echoing what someone else asked for:
will modi mb with usb gen5 ?
Down the line there oughta be a Gen5 <$600 multibit DAC anyway, only a matter of time.

There's that tune I really dig and chorus goes like "can't be done be done" but I can't remember the title atm.

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2017 at 11:59 AM Post #3,474 of 4,588
I highly doubt they would expect the USB OCD'ed ppl to shell out an extra $350 for moar better USB. Fact is that both DAC's share the DAC chip and opamp based output stage but hey they are the ones who decided to discount their Multibit technology to begin with, there's also stiff competition with R2R DAC's getting cheaper and cheaper.

Sep 13, 2017 at 12:10 PM Post #3,475 of 4,588
Gen5 USB is the only meaningful differentiating feature between the Bifrost and the Modi, and I suspect Schiit wants to keep it this way.
And in practice is has LITERALLY ZERO DIFFERENCE :D

Hilarious what Audiophiles want to spend money on. Saying "Gen 5" as if it actually means something LMAO
Schiit has literally the sh1ttiest USB implementation of basically any audio brand in the first place, if you want something that has actually good USB support buy a different brand.
IF you like the oldschool sound of the multibit products then it doesn't matter, mimby would sound no different with a different USB interface.

Sep 13, 2017 at 12:19 PM Post #3,476 of 4,588

Hilarious what Audiophiles want to spend money on. Saying "Gen 5" as if it actually means something LMAO
Schiit has literally the sh1ttiest USB implementation of basically any audio brand in the first place, if you want something that has actually good USB support buy a different brand.
IF you like the oldschool sound of the multibit products then it doesn't matter, mimby would sound no different with a different USB interface.

Congrats, you've now officially made it to my ignore list.

Sep 13, 2017 at 12:26 PM Post #3,479 of 4,588

So much knowledge in you I sense, my new hero you are. I must say that it's selfish of you to keep it all to yourself and only sparingly share it with us mere mortals here on headfi, as previously discussed I'm still eagerly awaiting some sort of youtube channel where you could enlighten the world as to what true high-class audio is and means. Gotta do it bro, it's important. We all count on you, at this point you're our only hope.

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2017 at 12:36 PM Post #3,480 of 4,588
So much knowledge in you I sense, my new hero you are. I must say that it's selfish of you to keep it all to yourself and only sparingly share it with us mere mortals here on headfi, as previously discussed I'm still eagerly awaiting some sort of youtube channel where you could enlighten the world as to what true high-class audio is and means. Gotta do it bro, it's important. We all count on you, at this point you're our only hope.

You are hilarious, I will be selfish with my knowledge. Sharing it only causes anger anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back