Halide Design Bridge - Async USB converter
Aug 11, 2010 at 8:54 PM Post #76 of 148
MacBook Pro > Halide > DAC w/ SPDIF input (BNC/RCA)

Aug 11, 2010 at 9:57 PM Post #78 of 148
BNC is a locking type of connector for coaxial, RCA is the other kind of coaxial connector.

Aug 14, 2010 at 12:41 PM Post #81 of 148
Just ordered a bridge :
- got fed up with the Hiface's popping and clicking
- don't want a powered device, too many power cords running around my system already,
- no need for High res,
- I like the fact that I won't need a seperate digital cable, that it has a simple design, and does not need any drivers.

Will post impressions versus the Hiface in a couple of weeks...

Aug 14, 2010 at 6:15 PM Post #82 of 148

Quote:
Just ordered a bridge :
- got fed up with the Hiface's popping and clicking
- don't want a powered device, too many power cords running around my system already,
- no need for High res,
- I like the fact that I won't need a seperate digital cable, that it has a simple design, and does not need any drivers.

Will post impressions versus the Hiface in a couple of weeks...

[size=medium]
Same reasons for me: no power cord needed is big plus.
By the way, you can use the Bridge with high res files, up to 24/96: the difference with the Hiface is particularly noticeable.
[/size]

Aug 19, 2010 at 2:59 PM Post #85 of 148
I compared briefly the Halide Design Bridge with the Hiface (stock) today, and I have to say the difference is subtle, but perhaps slightly in favor of the Hiface as it seems a little more detailed. It is difficult to compare the two as I cannot switch easily from one to the other. The ability to use the bridge with any software on my PC and not have any clicks or pops when using other applications is definitely nice. Maybe I'll keep both !

Aug 19, 2010 at 3:03 PM Post #86 of 148
It really depends on the rest of the chain, as I just found out.
I got a new tube amp and some new HD650: with this rig (replacing my Audio-GD Roc and HE-5LE) I just can't hear any difference between the two interfaces.

Sep 7, 2010 at 7:48 AM Post #87 of 148
Hi,

Ive this problem with the halide design bridge.

I get random disconnects and there is no more sound from it.

Anyone else encounter it.

Just replug the usb and all works well again.

Anyway to contact halide design? carn't find any contact info on their webpage.

ZY

Sep 7, 2010 at 9:54 AM Post #88 of 148

Quote:
Hi,

Ive this problem with the halide design bridge.

I get random disconnects and there is no more sound from it.

Anyone else encounter it.

Just replug the usb and all works well again.

Anyway to contact halide design? carn't find any contact info on their webpage.

ZY

contact@halidedesign.com

It is in the webpage, but cannot be easily found.  http://www.halidedesign.com/bridge/

Oct 7, 2010 at 5:03 AM Post #89 of 148
So there is a definite improvement versus the standard optical output of my MBP, I am hearing more detail overall and much better separation of sounds.  I'm still not 100% convinced of the high cost of admission however
frown.gif
 I would like to have a direct comparison vs the $200 ish Audio-GD digital interface for instance or even a modified Hiface (which in the end costs just as much as the Halide Bridge!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back