HA-RX900 - Regarding impedance/amps and breaking in
Jun 11, 2011 at 1:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

brent012

New Head-Fier
I got ha-rx900 headphones on thursday (im in australia, ordered them from america) and im still waiting for my fiio e1. I listened to the headphones through my ipod and was initially a bit dissapointed that they were only a bit better then my soundmagic pl30s. I was under the impression that rx900s didnt have to be amplified but i plugged them into my laptop (headphone jack on pc isnt connected atm and im using onboard sound) and they were really good with some stuff off youtube. Should they be even better through my ipod + e1 and after 10 hours or so or should i consider looking into the bit rate of stuff on my ipod?

EDIT: Btw i think i meant burn them in for the title lol. Oh and what i was going to ask was that if i use them with my ipod unamplified its not going to harm the burning/breaking in is it?

Jun 11, 2011 at 1:55 AM Post #2 of 2
A dac (and I'd even dare say your ipod) will most likely give you some improvement.  The integrated sound chips commonly found in laptops are usually a good place for manufacturers to cut costs down,  which really doesn't help considering how close they are to other electronics that can add interference and muck things up.  Using higher quality files won't hurt you (sound-wise) either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back