h
Jan 24, 2012 at 3:09 PM Post #32 of 61

Quote:
I just stopped trusting Toms for stuff like news. They put in pictures of Cooler Master's PSU test lab as their own and called it their's and that's something you don't want to lie about. OCN is full of enthusiasts. Check our F@H ranking. I've joined almost every site on the F@H list and honestly, OCN was by far my most favorite. I spent about a week to a month on each one. I used some random name though and I've forgotten all of them. Lol.

I'll make an account later this week and add you :D

in case anyone is looking...yes we are still on portable media devices. this talk is just to serve as bumps

Jan 24, 2012 at 3:47 PM Post #34 of 61

Quote:
This.
I have the same name. Our stats are based on rep though...kind of. Stats there is just flames and possibly the color of your username.
I wouldn't really say I'm that useful there. Lol. I'm probably one of the only people there with 100+ rep without a self built rig.

aww man. you gotta get on that :D tech is a very costly thing :D i have a couple questions i want to ask over there :D

Jan 24, 2012 at 4:05 PM Post #36 of 61

Quote:
It's absolutely worth it, though. I'm probably going to do my first build once Kepler comes out along with Ivy Bridge. I think it's worth waiting for now that it's this close. It's funny since I promised myself to build a computer 2-3 years ago. I'm a bit disappointed in myself.
For the build, I don't do much, just use the internet, maybe some folding@home in the winter to keep my room warm, and lots of music/video ripping/encoding. I'll just spend the remaining cash on a good audio setup and maybe an Ikea Galant.
Plan B was to get a Trinity (performance looks extremely good so far from the CES 2012 demo) or a Ivy Bridge laptop, replace the hard drive, remove the optical drive and get a HDD caddy, get a SSD and 1TB Samsung M8 drive (2.5" 1TB drives ftw), and some new RAM. That should do what I want pretty well.

Yes,Ivy bridge would be awesome. :D we still have to wait and see how will win this round of price vs performance for GPU's and their performance. I have thought of the idea of getting a pre built PC and modding it, but it's just not as good with me :/ I want everything self built. I have built about 8 computers to date (fully, ground up, new parts) and have thoroughly enjoyed every single one of them. If you ever need any help. HMU. I know my stuff pretty well. (the guys at OCN definatley too) but just saying :D

Jan 24, 2012 at 4:28 PM Post #38 of 61

Quote:
Well, the performance boost shouldn't be too large. I guess 10%-20%. 20% seems a little large.
The rumors of mid-range Kepler matching up to the high end Southern Bridge GPUs (7970/7950) seem pretty legit. Also matches up with the rumors of AMD trying to get the 8000 series GPU's ASAP.

I don't know about AMD going to 8000 seris like *snap* they might pull an Nvidia with the 400 and real 500 series where the 7000's will have to sadly and failingly compete with kepler for a few months and then release the 8000 series. beat nvidia for a short while and the process repeats for a bit 

Jan 24, 2012 at 6:20 PM Post #40 of 61

Quote:
Sometimes I feel like the Southern Island and Kepler thing might turn out to be another Fermi die shrink (500 series) and 6000 series GPU think again if the performance is around the same. There's proof that a non-reference 7950 can use 7970 BIOS and run at 7970 speeds but no shader unlock. The reference cards probably will unlock.

sometimes u can sometimes u can't unlock who knows. reminds me of intel's new CPUs that they cut 2 cores from

Jan 24, 2012 at 6:42 PM Post #42 of 61

Quote:
I think I know what you're talking about. Was it an 8-core Xeon with two locked cores?

yes. it was exactly a rebranded XEON with two laser cut cores. :/ ehh whatever whatever will be will be. im currently into headphones right now and am miniimally looking at hardware

Jan 24, 2012 at 9:09 PM Post #44 of 61

Quote:
I looked into this stuff for too long without doing anything I've gotten beyond bored. I don't know what to do anymore. I just spend the time on here and OCN when I could do something else. I really need to get myself motivated somehow to do something else.

i got motivated today from the E17 and goodies i got with it :D haha and my classes are easy :D big win :D plus papa ep 3 came out today :D

I have these...hobbies i change every couple months. it could change from 1 week to 3 months. No set period of me swtiching. it's not cahging hobbies but swtiching. like in a circle. doing something one at a time. im currrently on hi fi in general. my last interst/hobby was mobile hardware and software/sytems computing. i expect this hobby to last for 2 more weeks :D i should be mvign into PC hardware again(been about 4 months since i was in it)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back