h
Jan 20, 2012 at 6:30 PM Post #16 of 61

Quote:
I feel like iPods are the only ones with line outs now. If Cowon added one, maybe more people would get their players and maybe some standard USB connector so we don't have to fret when we lose ours.
The lowest I can find it is for about $70 off B&H.

That's why ipod's are still so popular !!!

It used to be $50 easily bought. They changed after they saw renewed enthusasm in their T50RP from what i have seen

Jan 20, 2012 at 10:11 PM Post #18 of 61

Quote:
I see that now.
Damn. Wish I got into audiophile/geek stuff earlier than I did.

hahaha it goes like this. it always does:
You are new. you hear that ipod's are great for music since you can use LOD.! you rejoice since you have one(most do)

You are now a 100+ head fi'er or in ur medium time now. you are an unconforming cool cat head fi'er. You want to be non conforming and try stuff. you hear all about cowon's and hifiman DAP;s. the spec's look nice. would be awesome to buy one. but after looking everywhere. seeing tings about dual amping and lack of lod and then you get a choice. buy or no buy. 

Then we get to high fi zone now. despite everything...you now have an ipod... either a current classic or the old Wolfson equiped Classic's with or without imod components. You have tried it all. and after everything. the size of storage and option of LOD and use with Cypher labs algorythm or Fostex HP-1 brought u back to Apple. 

that is generally how i see it goes. i havne't experienced the last one yet but have the first two.

Hahah. you pay an extra $20. whatever

Jan 21, 2012 at 5:59 PM Post #22 of 61

Quote:
I'm getting bored to death since I have nothing to do here or at OCN. I did spend some time maintaining the lounge though but that didn't take long.
Honestly, I probably won't use anything except for IEMs for travel or maybe some smaller or easier to drive headphones so I might just be stuck at step 2 for the rest of my life. So hard to choose between the C2 and iAudio 10. I read that you'll probably need a stylus to calibrate the screen on the C2 at AnythingbutiPod. This true? It's fine since my sister has a DS and we have 3 extra styluses.
Edit: okay, went searching for IEMs and portable headphones today. Looked at the following.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-214-iems-compared-jvc-ha-fxt90-and-ha-fx500-added-1-8-12#post_6492059
http://www.head-fi.org/t/433318/shootout-96-portable-headphones-reviewed-v-moda-m-80-added-11-27-11
Only looked at the charts at the bottom. Here are my top contenders.
VSonic GR07 ($177.53 @ Frogbeats)
Etymotic HF5 ($149.00 @ Amazon for black)
HiSoundAudio Golden Crystal ($186.88 @ Frogbeats)
HiSoundAudio Crystal ($101.22 @ Frogbeats)
I don't know how the HiSoundAudio Golden Crystals perform but I'm going to guess pretty close to the regular Crystals. Also took a look at the Phiaton PS 200, PS 210 (and the PS 210i but that's just an extra microphone). Here are the headphones.
Fischer Audio FA-004
Fischer Audio FA-006
I spent more time the the IEMs. The Fischers I just saw on Frogbeats so I just added them. I do like isolation though since these will be used on a plane, car, bus, around people, etc. so maybe IEMs will suit me better.

im surpised to see the ever so popular Triple Fi 10's not on there :/ the GRO7 is also popular :/

Jan 23, 2012 at 9:31 AM Post #24 of 61

Quote:
bump
Did all the geeks, nerds, and audiophiles die in the last couple of months since it's almost impossible to get help anywhere now.

haha, as of right now. it seems that on head fi. the people that know anything are just on discussion and main full sized headphone threads every now and then. the sub threads on amps and DAP's don't seem to get much attnetion. Heck I was dominating the portable amp thread for 2 weeks with my comments posting everywhere on almost every person's new thread :/

http://www.headfonia.com/hifi-dap-comparison-hm-801-hm-602-qa350-boomslang/

here is a new written review. it doesn't focus on the DAP's you want but gives you some sense of things i guess :/ if you really want a new DAP. don't like the way HIFIman's look. Don't like Apple. then the one's you got listed are the only ones you can really get. all the rest are great sounding chinese made ones but are very weak in quality builds and feel very cheap (from what it seems) considering how many times me and you have bump'd this...yeah. it seems nobody is here.

Jan 23, 2012 at 5:05 PM Post #26 of 61

Quote:
So this is what it feels like to be in the middle of a desert.
Will take a look when I have time.

ehh it might not be interesting to you. it wasnt for me. i just skipped to results..and of course the HM 801 won the regular sound but lost DAC USB sound. the HM801 is $800 BTW

Jan 23, 2012 at 9:50 PM Post #30 of 61

Quote:
Posted a thread on OCN too and I'm getting nothing but that's probably since I posted it in a section almost nobody checks.

hmmm OCN. I know many computer enthusiast sites. Like tom's hardware as well. OCN is pretty big. how big would you say it is? ARe the poepl there actually enthusiats? I am interested in joining.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back