Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip
Feb 1, 2016 at 4:57 PM Post #3,571 of 3,700
  Hello Guys!
I got my Breeze U8 finally today! (instead of 100 dollar it cost me almost 200 with taxes and DHL)

Anyway i got a problem:frowning2:  I tryed it with foobar and spotify. After 1-2 min of listening i hear a hiss soundm and sound goes away and cant work. and not working until i restart the breeze.
This is happened lik 3 times within 5 min :frowning2:
Is this a driver related problem? Im using win10, with newest drivers.

Where did you purchase your Breeze? Others have reported problems. Which driver are you using? Try XMOS 2.26.0.

Feb 1, 2016 at 5:46 PM Post #3,573 of 3,700
From the offical breezer audio seller at aliexpress.
I used the Thesycon 3.29 and the usb 3.20.0 driver.

Care to add a link for those who would like to download it?

Feb 1, 2016 at 7:02 PM Post #3,576 of 3,700
  Hey RB2013, I've just bought the best usb cable on the market.

See link:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/141157015025

wink_face.gif

I have one!
wink_face.gif
wink.gif
tongue.gif
  It connects my Regen to the Breeze.

good question! I am working on the review. Thats a tough question. It's not as easy to answer as some of the guys on the Edition X thread who have so much rage and anger that they can't do some critical listening of the Edition X or they are comparing it to the He1000 by memory or by assumption. So is the case with many of them. Anyhow, If you can't afford the headphone, don't complain about it for that reason. It's truly closer to the HE1000 than some say. Many positive and negative sides to both. and of course if money was not a variable, i'd say get the he1000 for the most part. It's about what will work best for you. 

I would love to have both in my collection, fortunately i've got access to a pair of HE1000's most of the time and mayber later in the future i'll grab a pair of them. It's quite likely i'll be selling my HD800's. I will do all the fancy mods, get a fancy cable, got the sonarworks plugin etc... but I enjoy the HEX and HEK more-so. Why keep a headphone around that will collect dust. HD800 does things the hifiman's don't, but overall less enjoyable than both of the HEK/HEX. 

I will hopefully have a review done by next weekend, i'm working a lot of hours lately. Very little time.

Sold my HD800/Moon Black Dragon V2 after hearing my friends SR-009/BHSE rig. -now that's a mighty fine sounding combo.  Still considering new HD800S - and maybe a MJ2 running balanced.  The HD800/HD800S really like balanced.

Hello Guys!
I got my Breeze U8 finally today! (instead of 100 dollar it cost me almost 200 with taxes and DHL)

Anyway i got a problem:frowning2:  I tryed it with foobar and spotify. After 1-2 min of listening i hear a hiss soundm and sound goes away and cant work. and not working until i restart the breeze.
This is happened lik 3 times within 5 min :frowning2:
Is this a driver related problem? Im using win10, with newest drivers.

It seems the units bought from Ali Express are all having problems - poor QC? 

From the offical breezer audio seller at aliexpress.
I used the Thesycon 3.29 and the usb 3.20.0 driver.

I would try the 2.6 or Wave I/O 2.4 drivers.

Feb 1, 2016 at 7:31 PM Post #3,577 of 3,700
I have one! :wink_face: :wink: :p   It connects my Regen to the Breeze.

Sold my HD800/Moon Black Dragon V2 after hearing my friends SR-009/BHSE rig. -now that's a mighty fine sounding combo.  Still considering new HD800S - and maybe a MJ2 running balanced.  The HD800/HD800S really like balanced.

It seems the units bought from Ali Express are all having problems - poor QC? 

I would try the 2.6 or Wave I/O 2.4 drivers.

Well I will likely be selling my hd800's as they don't get enough use. Had them not too long. Basically brand new! Seriously in perfect shape.
but I consider to do a bunch of mods to them and maybe sell them then. :p
I have heard them sound amazing with specific modding done

Feb 1, 2016 at 7:46 PM Post #3,578 of 3,700
I have one! :wink_face: :wink: :p   It connects my Regen to the Breeze.

I plan on hanging the intona at the back of the breeze with it. Should bring some improvement i assume, and improve my WAF by hiding the intona. I won't wait for it to come in, i will go get another one at the electronics store tomorrow.

It was this or a lightspeed 2g. Just read John Darko's review on the 4g. Seems like hearing one is needing one. It's like hearing certain 1000+$ interconnects, bought of couple of those in the past.

Hearing all this raving about the cerious power cable makes me ceriously incomfortable not owning at least one. My excuse for not getting one is i am afraid of nano-particles... Should vanish soon.

Feb 1, 2016 at 11:36 PM Post #3,581 of 3,700
Here's XMOS 2.26. The one that most people are using with the Breeze (I think).

Quote:
  Anybody have the Breeze driver? My DU-U8 arrived today.

Ok, nevermind. The 2.26 driver that was posted earlier worked after several installation attempts. Not sure what the initial problem was (as usual), but the Breeze DU-U8 is sounding awesome right away!

DRIVER:   https://onedrive.live.com/embed?cid=D0AB7686EA250D95&resid=D0AB7686EA250D95%214056&authkey=AKASKTkcgS8A2xE

This is what the driver appears as with Kernel Streaming in JRMC, JPLAY, Foobar, etc.... 

"xCORE USB Audio 2.0"

Feb 2, 2016 at 12:39 AM Post #3,582 of 3,700
Hi
I just received my new U12 and I hooked it up to my existing DAC -SMSL Sankrit Pro-B. I installed the most recent driver (version 3.20) for the U12. I connected these two devices via co-axial cable. I then configured FOOBAR to use "ASIO: FOO_DSD_ASIO" as device for the OUTPUT. I then configured ASIO driver (under the OUTPUT) to point to "XMOS USB Audio 2.0 St 3033" and I entered "DoP Marker 0x05./0xFA" for DSD playback method.
Oddly enough, for WAV and FLAC music, it works flawlessly, except for DSD music. There is just no sound if DSD music is played!!! even the LED screen would show "d64". It seems that it can detect the DSD source, yet there is no output.
Can anyone help? I really hate to return this thing to Amazon without at least giving it a try.
Thanks!

Feb 2, 2016 at 12:54 AM Post #3,584 of 3,700
m0reilly,
Thanks for replying.
Does that mean, in order to play the DSD music using the U12,  I will have to either buy a DAC with the iiS input or keep switching my USB input between the U12 and the SMSL Sankrit?
Oh! that is not very exciting any more. Do you have any other suggestion for me to get the DSD output from U12?
Thanks!

Feb 2, 2016 at 1:19 AM Post #3,585 of 3,700
m0reilly,
I found the specs for U12 online and it seems that it would process DoP (DSD to PCM):
Digital Input:
Coaxial:
PCM:16-24bit /44.1、48、88.2、96、176.4、192 kHz
DOP:DOP64

When you say "true DSD", I believe you meat to say when it is hooked up with II2 output. Are you implying also that it can transmit "un-true" DSD through DOP? If so, do you know how to configure FOOBAR or any DSD player software in order to get DoP to work?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back